Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

look people can say money isnt an issue but money is an issue. why didn't the school just fire rumph who everyone says Manny doesn't want? bc they don't want to pay him out. why keep baker publicly after hes been essentially stripped of his position? money. his contract runs out after next year (3 year deal) and bet your *** he isnt getting it renewed
Wasn't Rumph's contract up?

Advertisement
look people can say money isnt an issue but money is an issue. why didn't the school just fire rumph who everyone says Manny doesn't want? bc they don't want to pay him out. why keep baker publicly after hes been essentially stripped of his position? money. his contract runs out after next year (3 year deal) and bet your *** he isnt getting it renewed

if money is an issue then that makes sense. I’m not going to pretend like I know about it, I honestly don’t. I’m going based off posters I believe are connected, and have info to the program. Regardless, baker shouldn’t have a job. Accountability must exist. He preached it when he fired the offensive side of the ball.

Might as well assume seniority decides playtime again this year...more of McCloud, Jennings, Pope, Hall, and Wiggins

9 plus a bowl win
And I think Manny starts out down one. After watching Alabama dismantle a team that dismantled Clemson, I know how dominant that program is. No matter how many changes Manny makes on our staff and the improving quality on our roster, I don't see us even coming close to giving Alabama a fight. Especially since we'll have a gimpy QB, most likely. While I liked King, I don't know if he is the dominant player that so many think he is. Unless our OL is light years better, I fear Alabama will eat him alive.

I haven't really studied the Bama roster to figure out how many players leave--many of their best will--but what kind of players will take over the key positions. They probably have third and fourth stringers who would start for us.

In the seventies, we severely handicapped our teams by scheduling good and even great teams week after week. One of the reasons we had so much success in the eighties is that we stopped scheduling so many powerhouses and sprinkled in some mediocre teams. People don't want to recognize that--they want to think we were just the greatest and most talented teams ever--but we also had more reasonable schedules in the eighties.

I don't know when they scheduled this 2021 game with Alabama, but it was just sacrificing us. We have had so much turmoil over the last decade or so with our program, I think it was foolish.

Advertisement
Just like I called it exactly... Because it's the BEST solution.

Manny is better than any options that were available. **** yeah!
People are not gunna like this take but I think you are spot on. The only option that everyone could agree on for a DC was Muschamp and since that didn't happen the rest of the choices were underwhelming.

Now moving Rumph into a recruiting role absolutely blows my mind.

Last edited:
Here is my guess...

it was going to be Strong and manny calling plays was the back up.

Strong is going to Jax today, manny announces all his “changes”. This all could have been done last week after the TRob announcement. (Simpson was out there still)

I just don’t understand this....if this was all that needed to be fixed , why didn’t Manny take over playcallling idk , after the first quarter against UNC . Yes Manny was a better DC ....why keep Baker at all though. It’s not like we’ll miss his recruiting...Manny gotta stop with the buddy buddy ****

Who in ***** name has Baker landed? Him and Patke are awful coaches and recruiters, giving Rumph a recruiting role is just ******* hilarious, and I like DVD but why have him coach CB's when T-Rob was just hired less than a week ago as the DB coach? I hate Manny but I would have respected him a little if he told Rumph, Patke, and Baker to get bent.

Advertisement
Three take aways from this:

1) TRob and Simpson are great hires for this team.

2) Baker and Patke are dead weight. They couldn’t get a job anywhere else in P5, probably not even a good G5 school. Rumph is in the same boat.

3) I like DVD, he can recruit, but he needed to get experience elsewhere. No doubt TRob is going to be running the show there, but Miami is the literal destination for coaches that couldn’t get a job anywhere else in P5.

Overall, we brought in two good coaches and Manny is a way better play-caller than Blake. Nevertheless, he needs to be a CEO, not an HC focused on one side of the ball. Sure Lashlee has the Offense no problems, but can someone point out a current uber successful HC that’s calling an offense or defense?
On offense - Jimbo, Lane Kiffen and Mullens

ah geez, I have no idea what to think off all this

To me, this is an indictment on Blake Baker as DC. I mean, you're not letting him call the defense? Well, what's the point of keeping him around?
That is the $1 Million $$$$ question..................Manny can't answer...

Advertisement

The fiscal mismanagement is mind boggling. I just showed the 7.5 million that Miami flushed down the toilet. Blake James also gave Richt a totally unnecessary contract extension, when he wasn't going anywhere. He was unbelievably lucky that Richt walked away (I believe he still got paid a negotiated settlement that was worth a few mil). So between 2018 and now, Miami could have had around an extra 10 million or so in the budget but for egregiously bad financial decisions. There is one way to salvage some dignity here- the BOT needs to demand Blake James resignation immediately. Send the message to Diaz that his mickey mouse moves aren't acceptable and his buddy Blake James is going to be held accountable for Diaz's decisions.

Advertisement
Rumph staying on feels political. Makes about as much sense as keeping a demoted DC who doesn’t call plays.
Joaquin should have to pay his salary. But alas, instead of donating any money to the program or even offering a couple of free tires he'll probably just demand free tix, suite access or sideline passes.

NOPE.

Do not under any circumstances whatsoever believe anything that even attempts to say that Miami couldn’t afford to bring in a DC or more talented coaches, that’s a weak cop out crutch that people love to use as an excuse to let Diaz off the hook for not making good hires.

Miami has money, yes even after the Pandemic we have enough to bring in good coaches on the staff, the reason why Diaz stuck with his guys is because they’re his guys & he didn’t want to go away from his Defense.

This is squarely on Diaz, not lack of resources, or even because some coaches allegedly didn’t wanna come here, any excuse made is 1,000% bullshìt.

We didn’t get a new DC because Diaz didn’t want one, he believes his Defense is not the problem & he doesn’t want to concede that the way his system is ran has major flaws in it.
Cough @CashMoneyCane cough.

Advertisement
Back