Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

This is no way Manny sat and watched UNC run down our throat w/o getting involved in the play calling. Mack Brown knew Manny hadn't changed his stripes and we saw the results.

Yawn. They ran for 97 yards in 2019, with the same Mack Brown knowing Manny had the same stripes.

And, no disrespect, but you don't know how football operations work. You think Manny was yelling louder into the headset of his play calls over Baker's? Baker called the plays. Period.

Advertisement
He could’ve got promoted in recruiting dept and got a bump in money. He has no business on field but whatever. Don’t hate the player.

true, but he cant go off field being in the recruiting dept? I know its t robs show and that room will be much improved so im fine w it. I like the DL hire bc Simpson was our best dl coach in a long time (better than Kul). I don't want baker on staff, but his deal is done after this year and as d money said, Manny cant shift the blame. its on him and no one else by publicly taking over the role

DVD = good at recruiting, 0 coaching experience = Promoted to CB coach
Rumph = terrible at recruiting, but has coaching experience = recruiting role

YOU CANT MAKE THIS **** UP MAN

CLOWN PROGRAM

You realize that if DVD is "good at recruiting", as you say, this move expands his ability to do that SIGNIFICANTLY?? Yes?

My main question now will be will Manny call more Man to Man I’m done with this soft zone bull****

I don't like this either but Manny calling the defense pretty much means he is the DC. I don't understand the decision unless it is financial and UM didn't give him what he needed to hire a top flight DC. Baker is pretty much just a linebacker coach now. If he isn't calling the plays then calling him the DC is just window dressing but no substance.

On the positives; Simpson is very good and T-Rob coaching and recruiting will only be major upgrade.

Advertisement
Disappointed? Yeah sure. Does it makes sense? Yeah kinda.

The King of Football, aka The Devil Nick Saban even said it himself, the game is about offense now. And that's 100% accurate, sorry Dwinstitles we love ya, but hopefully Owinstitles is your alternate.

Yeah it's about O but you still have to field a competent D. Bend don't break is true as much as we hate that term. When the field is tighter it's harder to spread teams out to give the O an advantage, the big play kills you now, you have to take it away.

Teams with a pulse are going to score, period. Diaz fielded some pretty dang good defenses, chaos was the reason, creating turnovers. Getting balls on downs is going to happen against lower teams but teams with a pulse are going to store and a lot, that's the game now. So you have to find a way to create those turnovers or shut down the red zone as the field gets tighter to give your O the edge to spring momentum.

So if we have a competent O leader, Diaz being on the D makes perfect sense, it's where is he good at. Now can Lash get it done ?

You are correct in one sense. Football is about offense. Realistically, I think Diaz could do as good a job at DC as Muschamp, Steele, or Skrong. The issue is that I think he's already overwhelmed as a HC, so where's he suddenly going to find the time to gameplan as a DC. Even if he brought in someone who was merely as good as him- but not better- it still is one thing off his plate. Then there is Jess Simpson. I'm underwhelmed bringing him back. I don't know if he got turned down or if he only wanted Simpson, but meh. The biggest WTF is moving Rumph to recruiting coordinator. The person who was the single worst recruiter on the staff is now in charge of recruiting? Welp.

Diaz needs to put every ounce of effort into getting the offense right- dump dead weight on the roster and go get the top talent in the portal. We need a massive talent infusion all over the offense.

DVD = good at recruiting, 0 coaching experience = Promoted to CB coach
Rumph = terrible at recruiting, but has coaching experience = recruiting role

YOU CANT MAKE THIS **** UP MAN

CLOWN PROGRAM

DVD isnt controlling the room nor is he actually making decisions. hes an on field recruiter. its T-robs show and thats it. you guys just focus. on titles without actually considering everything else.

rumph isnt actually doing **** in recruiting. hes gonna be gone watch

Welp this is his *** going into next year , I’m cool either way. He’s going out on his terms, so he better win next year. If not he’ll have two years left on his deal after the season with no extension =“ dead man walking”. This is a win win in my book.
Don't you think we'll adjust some things schematically with robinson as db coach? More bump n run? Things he's learned under muschamp? I have to believe he'd pick robinsons ear about SOME changes.

Advertisement
true, but he cant go off field being in the recruiting dept? I know its t robs show and that room will be much improved so im fine w it. I like the DL hire bc Simpson was our best dl coach in a long time (better than Kul). I don't want baker on staff, but his deal is done after this year and as d money said, Manny cant shift the blame. its on him and no one else by publicly taking over the role
I mean who am I to ***** after keeping bb. At least dvd can recruit. F it, I’m in whatever mode. It’s a win win going into next year lol.

So we're keeping/paying Rumph to do the part of the job, he failed at the most???!!! Ummmmmmm...ok??
think logically -- he was kept bc we didn't pay him to leave. we put him in a spot where he doesn't do anything but collect a check. he won't be recruiting anyways as Cooney will run it off field

Ok so the folks mad at DVD being Promoted. Who on this defensive side other than T Rob can recruit? If Manny couldn't get anybody he wanted we almost had to promote DVD he's the only guy that has even a pulse on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Disappointed? Yeah sure. Does it makes sense? Yeah kinda.

The King of Football, aka The Devil Nick Saban even said it himself, the game is about offense now. And that's 100% accurate, sorry Dwinstitles we love ya, but hopefully Owinstitles is your alternate.

Yeah it's about O but you still have to field a competent D. Bend don't break is true as much as we hate that term. When the field is tighter it's harder to spread teams out to give the O an advantage, the big play kills you now.

Teams with a pulse are going to score, period. Diaz fielded some pretty dang good defenses, chaos was the reason, creating turnovers. Getting balls on downs is going to happen against lower teams but teams with a pulse are going to store and a lot, that's the game now. So you have to find a way to create those turnovers or shut down the red zone as the field gets tighter to give your O the edge to spring momentum.

So if we have a competent O leader, Diaz being on the D makes perfect sense, it's where is he good at. Now can Lash get it done ?
Most sane fans can understand and agree, to some extent, with this point. But, that's not what bothers us.

How do you keep a DC who is no longer calling plays and stealing a paycheck...who can't recruit...and who coaches the worse performing unit (inside LBs) on the team? How is that acceptable?

I can live with Manny calling plays. It's an upgrade and ultimately his decision. But, keeping Baker? Nope.

Waste of staff spots.

DVD as CB AND TRob as DB? Don't need a CB coach and DVD isn't ready yet.
Blake Baker as DC AND Manny calling plays?

Waste of two spots.

Could have an elite LB coach and an elite DC to call plays.

Happy about Simpson coming back, but stroud was a better recruiter. So DL is a wash.

We upgraded Rumph and Banda to TRob/DVD.

And baker is staying, the biggest travesty of it all.

Manny couldn't get any of the guys he wanted apparently.
I suspect he didn't really go after a new DC. Why hire a position coach (TRob) before hiring a coordinator? Usually, you hire a DC and let him have input, if not control, over his position coaches. This was telegraphed, he always intended to keep the oversight of the defense to himself.

Advertisement
Back