Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

Advertisement
But not surprising. Manny doesn’t have cache with coaches like that and no established or up and coming coordinator is coming to hitch their wagon to Manny. They see what we see
I think a top-flight coordinator would come if the money is right and he's given the independence to do it his way. i would have preferred a thorough overhaul with a new DC with enough independence to do it his way. I don't know that Manny is prepared to delegate to that extent. He wants to keep control. I can't get the disaster of 500 yards rushing at Texas and the UNC collapse. Ultimately, both rest with Manny. Was he just an observer during the UNC? Who was calling plays? He was watching the game, why didn't he intervene to correct play-calling during that game? It was like the players were uncoached and the guys on the sidelines were just passive observers. And then Manny attributes to the players' fatigue, physically and emotionally. I don't understand that entire fiasco and the aftergame excuses.

When a coach is going to overhaul an entire side of the team, you'd think he'd look for a coordinator first, then start hiring position coaches when the coordinator is in place. The TRob hire should have tipped us off. I wondered how he could hire TRob telling him he was not going to be even a co-coordinator after was already a coordinator in his previous job without also telling him who his immediate boss, the coordinator, was going to be. This tells you that Manny never considered going outside to hire a new coordinator. This bothers me because I feel we need a fresh start after a complete overhaul. I'm also surprised he is not going to give TRob complete responsibility for the secondary. I wonder how long he is going to be willing to stay in the position when his responsibilities are so diminished from his previous position at USCe. He obviously has higher aspirations than just a position coach and a position coach that does not even have complete control of the secondary. I hope they're making him very rich or I suspect he will move on fairly soon.

By the way, the word is spelled "cachet," not cache. Cachet means prestige or high regard, as I recall. Cache is used to describe something where you store something, like a computer cache, or a weapons cache.

Advertisement
HI everyone, bye everyone
dude go fck yourself. I've told the guy I will never post anything he tells me on this board or anywhere else, that's why I won't just reveal it.

believe what you want, but why do you think I posted the below quote like weeks ago? Is it because I just think he's gonna be gone or because I already knew about a situation that's going on inside the program. He made his own bed, just look on the bright side that unless a miracle happens we'll be rid of him finally. Anyone that follows my posts at all knows i've been defending the guy since he's been the head coach, this is a sudden turn around wouldn't you say?

I thought he had a change of heart which is why I posted to give him a standing ovation in that one thread. I imagine the source I speak with must have gotten a laugh out of that with a, "you gonna listen to me, or you gonna listen to them?"

also

he doesnt know **** otherwise he'd say it. 99.9 percent of this board doenst know ****

Advertisement
So the DB coach will be making more than the DC who isn't calling plays anymore. Only at Miami. I'm guessing this isn't what the BOT had in mind during their meetings.
Slap in the face to the fans who after 15+ years deserve better. Disrespectful to the fullest. Reports saying people were calling in having interest in the job, and this is the best we can come up with? LCE already said money wasn’t the issue. It’s the incompetence of the whole **** school , from top to bottom, that will bury my beloved program. How can Manny look at the fans and say that the solution to our defensive troubles was making the internal promotions that he did. MF should’ve solved in during the season then. He cares more about his ****** defensive scheme, than the school he coaches for. I’m done being optimistic with his ***

Advertisement
don't you think Rumph is essentially fired and looking for jobs.. this is just a way to not publicly fire him.. i don't see him staying in that role through the summer
seemed like that. he won't be doing anything other than sending resumes

Utah state suckered us into giving DVD a promotion and huge pay increase. He may be good, but I would have preferred he learned somewhere else then came here.
Well he will be under TRob. This is TRob's backfield. DVD has the cb coach title to get the pay increase but he will still be learning from one of the best backfield coaches.

I doubt a new DC was even in play here. Took this long just to decide if he wanted to let Baker still call plays or not

Advertisement
Yup. This is more of a recruiting move. Gives DVD more opportunities to go out and recruit instead of only being able to recruit while on campus.
1610656340627.png

I assume that Texas pays more than 1 mil for its DC. So right now Miami is paying Patke 400k to do nothing (team can't still field punts) and Baker 500k to be DC but he's not calling plays. Now I'm not good at math, but I think that adds up to almost one million in people getting paid to sit around and have other people do their jobs (or not do the job at all as with ST). I can think of better ways to spend 1 million. And if you add that to the 1.5 million that was allocated to Richt for OC, plus the 1 mil salary savings of Diaz over Richt, that's 3.5 million that could have been available. And then there is the 4 million that James paid to Temple for Diaz. So Miami could have 7.5 million extra, but for flushing money down the toilet.

Rocky Long is currently making $300k to be DC at New Mexico...

Beat Bama or ACC Championship are the only two outcomes that should get Diaz an extension.

Slap in the face to the fans who after 15+ years deserve better. Disrespectful to the fullest. Reports saying people were calling in having interest in the job, and this is the best we can come up with? LCE already said money wasn’t the issue. It’s the incompetence of the whole **** school , from top to bottom, that will bury my beloved program. How can Manny look at the fans and say that the solution to our defensive troubles was making the internal promotions that he did. MF should’ve solved in during the season then. He cares more about his ****** defensive scheme, than the school he coaches for. I’m done being optimistic with his ***

look people can say money isnt an issue but money is an issue. why didn't the school just fire rumph who everyone says Manny doesn't want? bc they don't want to pay him out. why keep baker publicly after hes been essentially stripped of his position? money. his contract runs out after next year (3 year deal) and bet your *** he isnt getting it renewed

Advertisement
Back