Manny will call Plays in 2021, Jess Back as DL Coach

Advertisement
NOPE.

Do not under any circumstances whatsoever believe anything that even attempts to say that Miami couldn’t afford to bring in a DC or more talented coaches, that’s a weak cop out crutch that people love to use as an excuse to let Diaz off the hook for not making good hires.

Miami has money, yes even after the Pandemic we have enough to bring in good coaches on the staff, the reason why Diaz stuck with his guys is because they’re his guys & he didn’t want to go away from his Defense.

This is squarely on Diaz, not lack of resources, or even because some coaches allegedly didn’t wanna come here, any excuse made is 1,000% bullshìt.

We didn’t get a new DC because Diaz didn’t want one, he believes his Defense is not the problem & he doesn’t want to concede that the way his system is ran has major flaws in it.
manny has been a DC his entire career, the idea that he was going to move into a "CEO" type role was strictly a figment of this message board's imagination. coaches like manny whose coaching identity is strongly tied to a scheme and who have his extensive level of play calling background are always going to be heavily involved in their side of the ball. if any changes were going to be made at DC it was going to be similar to the baker hire... a young, G5 level coordinator w/ a similar philosophy to manny who is looking to cut his teeth. the idea that manny was going to bring in a coordinator on the level of kevin steele was something that this message board invented to soothe itself in the face of the obvious reality that this is manny's defense and it always will be until he leaves. that's what happens when you hire someone who spent his previous 13 seasons as a coach calling plays. he isn't suddenly going to relinquish all responsibility from his side of the ball because of one below average year.

in any event, the idea that you can't call plays and be a successful coach is not true... jimbo fisher, dan mullen, lincoln riley etc being some obvious examples. we'll see how it goes.

Advertisement
So the DB coach will be making more than the DC who isn't calling plays anymore. Only at Miami. I'm guessing this isn't what the BOT had in mind during their meetings.
Texas paid 1 mill for a ST coach...either way, Manny is gone if he doesn't win double digits anyways regardless of whatever moves he makes. let the season play out and whatever the results are the results.

Advertisement
The only way that this is successful and right now, this is a big "if". If DVD can establish his self as top notch recruiter. I'm hoping him and TRob can be like a lethal double team for all our secondary needs.

I know when DVD was in the recruiting department, his name came up a lot with recruits when they visited and he was all over the Twitter and Instagram game.

TRob big bro, DVD little bro?

I'm only okay with DVD as he's holding onto the CB coaching title as a formality, we're promoting him strictly for recruiting purposes. T-Rob is coaching the secondary, and there are teams that have guys that are there primarily for recruiting - DVD is that guy. If DVD is a top notch recruiter, it's a win. I hope he takes the time to stay attached to T-Rob's hip and actually learn from him.

Advertisement
NOPE.

Do not under any circumstances whatsoever believe anything that even attempts to say that Miami couldn’t afford to bring in a DC or more talented coaches, that’s a weak cop out crutch that people love to use as an excuse to let Diaz off the hook for not making good hires.

Miami has money, yes even after the Pandemic we have enough to bring in good coaches on the staff, the reason why Diaz stuck with his guys is because they’re his guys & he didn’t want to go away from his Defense.

This is squarely on Diaz, not lack of resources, or even because some coaches allegedly didn’t wanna come here, any excuse made is 1,000% bullshìt.

We didn’t get a new DC because Diaz didn’t want one, he believes his Defense is not the problem & he doesn’t want to concede that the way his system is ran has major flaws in it.

this.

NOPE.

Or ****head Blake just did not want to spend the money. I more or less agree with what you’re saying but I also can see the fact that maybe it’s possible they didn’t want to spend the money.

At the end of the way it makes absolutely no difference to me

But either way, they’ve signed and sealed their fate.

If they don’t perform extremely well next year, there’s just too many people that have invested too much into this program that are no longer willing to except bullshlt excuses and mediocre performances.

I’ve already raise some ****, but it’s not gonna be anything like what’s gonna happen next year if this thing goes south. Count on that.

Advertisement
Manny is betting against himself. He will have no one to blame if the defense does not improve. Ballsy... ill give him credit as the captain he will go down with the ship if need be.

However... how and why he would keep Baker and Patke is beyond me and is a bad move on Mannys part...

Texas paid 1 mill for a ST coach...either way, Manny is gone if he doesn't win double digits anyways regardless of whatever moves he makes. let the season play out and whatever the results are the results.

I assume that Texas pays more than 1 mil for its DC. So right now Miami is paying Patke 400k to do nothing (team can't still field punts) and Baker 500k to be DC but he's not calling plays. Now I'm not good at math, but I think that adds up to almost one million in people getting paid to sit around and have other people do their jobs (or not do the job at all as with ST). I can think of better ways to spend 1 million. And if you add that to the 1.5 million that was allocated to Richt for OC, plus the 1 mil salary savings of Diaz over Richt, that's 3.5 million that could have been available. And then there is the 4 million that James paid to Temple for Diaz. So Miami could have 7.5 million extra, but for flushing money down the toilet.

Advertisement
Back