Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
Kids these days don't know what loyalty or having pride from where they came from is. Kids these days only care about how many followers they have or if the Jersey is cool. I've known Sr. since we were 16 but we're just Facebook friends now so I have NO INSIDE INFO to share. I do know however that since Jr was in diapers he wore UM gear everywhere just like pops. So there's a chance but again these kids today don't really care about anything but themselves. I always thought Jr. would be a CANE but I guess our down years has really pushed kids away.

Some girl at my work close to Sr. Says JR. Isn’t coming to Miami and has maintained this position for a few months now. I’ve asked for clarification and he wasn’t interested in Miami and wants to play in the SEC most likely at Baga.
I'm normally skeptical about a friend of a friend report, but based on that interview and the fact this is coming from a guy named oracleturts, put me down on record as saying he isn't coming. If he doesn't come, I am giving this fail to Rumph.

Some girl at my work close to Sr. Says JR. Isn’t coming to Miami and has maintained this position for a few months now. I’ve asked for clarification and he wasn’t interested in Miami and wants to play in the SEC most likely at Baga.
Earl Sr definitely ******* her if she know all that ****. Pillow talk sinks empires.

Advertisement
Kids these days don't know what loyalty or having pride from where they came from is. Kids these days only care about how many followers they have or if the Jersey is cool. I've known Sr. since we were 16 but we're just Facebook friends now so I have NO INSIDE INFO to share. I do know however that since Jr was in diapers he wore UM gear everywhere just like pops. So there's a chance but again these kids today don't really care about anything but themselves. I always thought Jr. would be a CANE but I guess our down years has really pushed kids away.
Sure they do... look at how many top Louisiana kids go to LSU, or Alabama kids go to Bama/Auburn, or Ohio kids to OSU. Florida kids are a mix of the front-running, clout chasing culture that permeates the state and Miami not giving them enough reasons either legal or illegal to come here.

I was going to avoid this thread but oh well. Reading both Little’s comments reminded me of past comments by kids going to Bama. They set the narrative for why they’re spurning the home team to get that big bag. I could be wrong but that’s what I thought instantly. Manny has his issues with recruiting , as Ive mentioned multiple times. But the smell test here doesn’t pass, it’s like the staff knows they’re wasting their time here. This is strictly me going off of past recruiting experiences, nothing inside.

I was going to avoid this thread but oh well. Reading both Little’s comments reminded me of past comments by kids going to Bama. They set the narrative for why they’re spurning the home team to get that big bag. I could be wrong but that’s what I thought instantly. Manny has his issues with recruiting , as Ive mentioned multiple times. But the smell test here doesn’t pass, it’s like the staff knows they’re wasting their time here. This is strictly me going off of past recruiting experiences, nothing inside.
And maybe the staff is going off of their past experiences too and know when a kid isn't interested. If this is the case, then they are probably doing the right thing prioritizing other kids.

Advertisement
And maybe the staff is going off of their past experiences too and know when a kid isn't interested. If this is the case, then they are probably doing the right thing prioritizing other kids.
I’ve always heard he wasn’t interested. So I never really worried about him. LSU or bama would be my bet as of today.

Earl Sr definitely ******* her if she know all that ****. Pillow talk sinks empires.
I’ve been dying to use this gif.... 😂
D7F0F381-A94C-4B77-9BA2-69BCF05E7DBE.gif

Advertisement

It’s clout chasing & fads.

However, CFB is still a business. I made a thread about this a while ago....

It took Schnelly yrs to map out a game plan & it worked. JJ took that blue print, and then added on to it. Erickson almost tricked it off, but Butch, coming the school of JJ, rebuilt & made us the strongest we ever was. Coker completely wrecked the rari & instead of the admin taking the rari to an Italian Body Shop, they took that **** to Earl Scheib w/ the hire of Randy. Wheels came off, and again, another opportunity b4 it was too late to take that bad boy to a high end body shop, yet they took it to MAACO w/ Al Golden. By the time Richt got the keys, the rari had different tone paint, a Toyota Camry Engine, and a Toyota Corsica muffler.....and he crashed it! BUT, Richt had a free coupon to take that bih to a high end body shop to get the car back right. We just simply tore that coupon up, said I rather pay a higher price to go to 1 Day Auto & Collision.

The car that kids used to see us ride in, the awe they had, the attraction....that’s all gone. We went from a Rari to a Yugo.

Lol. Point is, we gave these bag schools our blue print & let them come in our yard. Until we give these kids consistency, and show we building that Rari back, we r going to always have this problem. We’ll get a kid here & there who won’t care what we drive, but for the most part, these kids wanna ride in luxury, which we used to provide str8 to the NFL as a 1st rounder.

It’s clout chasing & fads.

However, CFB is still a business. I made a thread about this a while ago....

It took Schnelly yrs to map out a game plan & it worked. JJ took that blue print, and then added on to it. Erickson almost tricked it off, but Butch, coming the school of JJ, rebuilt & made us the strongest we ever was. Coker completely wrecked the rari & instead of the admin taking the rari to an Italian Body Shop, they took that **** to Earl Scheib w/ the hire of Randy. Wheels came off, and again, another opportunity b4 it was too late to take that bad boy to a high end body shop, yet they took it to MAACO w/ Al Golden. By the time Richt got the keys, the rari had different tone paint, a Toyota Camry Engine, and a Toyota Corsica muffler.....and he crashed it! BUT, Richt had a free coupon to take that bih to a high end body shop to get the car back right. We just simply tore that coupon up, said I rather pay a higher price to go to 1 Day Auto & Collision.

The car that kids used to see us ride in, the awe they had, the attraction....that’s all gone. We went from a Rari to a Yugo.

Lol. Point is, we gave these bag schools our blue print & let them come in our yard. Until we give these kids consistency, and show we building that Rari back, we r going to always have this problem. We’ll get a kid here & there who won’t care what we drive, but for the most part, these kids wanna ride in luxury, which we used to provide str8 to the NFL as a 1st rounder.

omg I have a camry: I'm terrified to drive it now.

Advertisement

Yeah, I tend to agree with you.

I ran into Earl Sr. a few years ago, spent much of a tailgate talking with him. This is when Earl Jr. had just started playing football. Since we were both alums, I was joking with him about Earl Jr. being a future Cane. He was receptive, but was not nearly along the lines of, say, Michael Irvin, in predicting certainty for his son joining UM.

Since that time, Miami has fielded some bad teams and had some sub-standard DB coaches. There was never a nice run in there which would have solidified Earl Sr. considering UM. Plus, he was tight with Butch/FIU, and I know there was some chatter within FIU for a while about how they were rebuilding the "UM culture" over at FIU, and how Miami had lost track of that culture.

So I can definitely see how this has played out over the last 8-10 years for Earl Sr. Is Miami looking better now with T-Rob? Sure, but it may just be too little, too late. Earl Sr. wants the best for his son, and for much of the last 8-10 years, I think he has sadly concluded that Miami would probably not be the place.

Maybe we can close strong. I want Manny/T-Rob to recruit the **** out of Earl Jr. But I'm not super-optimstic.

Who praytell did HE miss on? Which one of those 5 star dbs were we gonna realistically get without perks? Ur not one of these clowns chise. That's like saying you're a lawyer who's arguing a case against a lawyer you know bought the ENTIRE JURY ,THE RESERVES & THE JUDGE... You ain't got a ****** shot in the world. It would be some real bull**** if you became known for that.

Why is it that we land a Taylor or a Williams, but CBs are always "bought"? I get you don't like Banda or Patke. Agree on Patke. He shows me nothing as a talent scout, a recruiter or a developer. Maybe he's good with analytics and film breakdown, I don't know. But what has Rumph done to separate himself from them?

Meanwhile, Banda at least brought in some dogs, guys that could have gone anywhere. So the former bartender may have been a weaker coach than we deserved. But to be fair to Banda, he accomplished more than what Rumph was able to accomplish despite his AA and NFL resume. And it's about how you perform in the job, not what you did before, correct?

I'm just saying you can't have it both ways. If Rumph was so worth retaining as a position coach, he would AT LEAST have filled his depth chart with Miami-caliber kids.

It's Jordan Battle all over. Says the local school isn't showing enough love. But no matter what we do, we're always his #2, with the #1 rotating between Ohio State or Bama or X.

Advertisement
Back