Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

DSD:

I don’t disagree, and i am not in any way, giving a pass to poor coaching or team management. Accountability is all. And we have been poorly served for far too long, in all the areas that matter.

But what i am saying is on top of that, we have been hurt by the bag game. It is not the sole factor, I concede that, but when you combine it with the errors you aptly described, it’s been a part of the problem

Bro, U’re one of the best posters on here, mean that.

But listen, the bag game has been part of the game forever. Dirty schools, mostly from the South & Midwest (places where football is their life) have been dropping off cars, envelopes of $, houses, & paid rent forever, my guy.

Let me touch on @dsddcane point.

Check it out:

We joined the ACC in 2004.

The Coker (From 2004 - 2006):
Class Ranks:
1. ‘04 - #3 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (FSU ahead)
2. ‘05 - #9 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (FSU ahead)
3. ‘06 - #12 in the nation / # 2 in the ACC
(FSU ahead)
Results? 25-12 record w/ 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG appearances, 0 BCS Bowl Game invites (Peach Bowl wasnt apart of NY6 at this time)

Shannon (From 2007 - 2010):
Class Ranks:
1. ‘07 - #13 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind UNC)
2. ‘08 - #1 in the nation / #1 in the ACC
3. ‘09 - #16 in the nation / #3 in the ACC (Behind FSU & UNC)
4. ‘10 - #14 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind FSU)
Results? 28-22 record w/ 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG appearances, 0 BCS Bowl Game invites.

Golden (From 2011 - 2015):
Class Ranks:
1. ‘11 - #33 in the nation / #6 in the ACC (Behind FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA, & UL)
2. ‘12 - #10 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind FSU)
3. ‘13 - #14 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind FSU)
4. ‘14 - #12 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind FSU)
5. ‘15 - #27 in the nation / #3 in the ACC (Behind FSU & Clemson)
Results? 32-25 record w/ 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG appearances, 0 BCS/NY6 game invites.

Richt (From 2016 - 2018):
Class Ranks:
1. ‘16 - #22 in the nation / #3 in the ACC (Behind FSU & Clemson)
2. ‘17 - #12 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind FSU)
3. ‘18 - #8 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind Clemson)
Results? 26-13, 1 ACC Coastal, 1 ACCCG appearance, 1 NY6 bowl invite

Diaz (From 2019 - Present):
1. ‘19 - #27 in the nation / #4 in the ACC (Behind Clemson, FSU & VT)
2. ‘20 - #16 in the nation / #3 in the ACC (Behind Clemson & UNC)
3. ‘21 - #12 in the nation / #2 in the ACC (Behind Clemson)
Results (thus far): 14-10 record, 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG, 0 NY6 bowl bids (Final results TBD).

What’s the point? Outside of ‘09, ‘11, ‘19, & ‘20, or in laymen terms, 13 of the 17 years we’ve been in the Coastal, we’ve recruited the best class & it’s not even close. Yet, we have 1 ACC Coastal Division to show for it? Naw bro, that aint bags; that’s incompetence. Kids bouncing, kids playing out of position, kids on pizza diets, S&C program far from on par, kids that clap louder than others garnishing playing time, ice cream trucks invited to practice, etc. etc. etc.....man that ain’t got chit to do w bags. Lol.

Advertisement
Just my opinion, but I don't think Miami should be begging a legacy for a commitment. If he's heavily leaning Bama because he thinks he has a better chance of getting to the league from Bama than Miami, no chat or texts from Diaz is going to change that. Bama is going to have a ton of 1st round picks this year. It's impressive. I can't argue against that. Miami will have a couple of 1st round picks too. Now is Miami going to have as many 1st rounders as Bama? No. But are they going to have more 1st rounders this year than the VAST majority of teams in CFB? Absolutely. Most teams don't have one pick, let alone two. It's not Bama numbers but it should demonstrate to recruits that they can still make to the NFL from Miami. If Miami won more games, we'd likely have even more picks. Of course it becomes a catch-22. You can't win until you get top recruits, you can't get top recruits unless you win. One would think the exception to the rule would be the legacies, who wouldn't be as concerned about the W/L record and would instead want to make their own mark in Cane history. You have non legacy 5 stars like Williams who say they want to build something and make the crib great. Doesn't seem like Little Jr cares much about that- it's a business decision for him just as it is with lots of recruits. It's unfortunate, as I'd like for a legacy to care about the school as much as I do.
All good points I agree with. If we don’t like him as much as others - no worries. I just want our HC to reach out in recruiting if our competition is doing that and having success at it.

We can build on the DE development thing and compete there against the big guys. You make objective points on Manny all the time. Many are supportive but you also take note of where things can improve or aren’t ideal, just like OCCC does. None of this is directed towards either of you from me.

And we don’t know what Manny is doing, do we?

Yet people act like they do know what he’s doing.

I’m just not going to make any assumptions.

I’m not over emotional in any direction.

But it’s just that some people are, they just want to confirm whatever bias they have. In this case, people desperately want to believe Manny is sitting on his hands because the dad is saying Manny hasn’t been breaking down film with him or called

But we have no real context.

Is this just a a setup so as to run interference for the fact that apparently dad really wants son to go to bammer as has been reported?

Do we even know if the rules even allow for coaches to make initial contact - seems like that would be a pretty important thing, and a question to have followed up with dad on. Nobody asked him that.

And obviously, the Miami coaches can’t speak to it, as the rules forbid it.

We certainly can't know for sure either way. And, as you point out, the coaches aren't permitted to speak on these thing. Maybe this is me wearing my UM alumni bias on my sleeve, but I am more prone to believing a report (good or bad) from a parent who is a Cane alumni than from a parent who isn't. So when a parent who is a former player insinuates the contact has been lacking, I am prone to believe that (as opposed to when Harris's dad had a similar complaint, which I strongly suspected was BS).

Ultimately, it is admittedly impossible to say for certain (unless you are in the room or one of the people involved). But in this instance, I tend to believe what Little is putting out there.

Siiiiiiiiigh; I’m referring to ur comment about “right or wrong, u don’t believe he’s high on our board.”

I wasn’t saying u gassed him up; what I’m saying is prior to this new revelation, supposedly the hire TRob was to help us w/ this. Supposedly he was a must get in the class of ‘22. Supposedly he was in our mock class (from a fan standpoint). Not once did I hear he wasn’t high on our boards.........until now. That comment stood out & then I saw the rationalizing thereafter.

But @gogeta4, I see why u thought I was calling u out. I didn’t fully read ur response; I half @&&ed read; but on god, no shade thrown ur way. It was a culmination of post, and it felt like the old days.

My question is, if a highly ranked legacy from one of the best HS football factories in the nation, that’s actually a highly ranked blue chip ain’t highly on our boards, then who?
I know folks gone give you a literal answer with some other names, but **** if it ain’t a tough question to answer. We can’t recruit CBs it seems, now this local 5* Cane Legacy who Saban wants ain’t even worth recruiting. Sour grapes?

Advertisement
Just my opinion, but I don't think Miami should be begging a legacy for a commitment. If he's heavily leaning Bama because he thinks he has a better chance of getting to the league from Bama than Miami, no chat or texts from Diaz is going to change that. Bama is going to have a ton of 1st round picks this year. It's impressive. I can't argue against that. Miami will have a couple of 1st round picks too. Now is Miami going to have as many 1st rounders as Bama? No. But are they going to have more 1st rounders this year than the VAST majority of teams in CFB? Absolutely. Most teams don't have one pick, let alone two. It's not Bama numbers but it should demonstrate to recruits that they can still make to the NFL from Miami. If Miami won more games, we'd likely have even more picks. Of course it becomes a catch-22. You can't win until you get top recruits, you can't get top recruits unless you win. One would think the exception to the rule would be the legacies, who wouldn't be as concerned about the W/L record and would instead want to make their own mark in Cane history. You have non legacy 5 stars like Williams who say they want to build something and make the crib great. Doesn't seem like Little Jr cares much about that- it's a business decision for him just as it is with lots of recruits. It's unfortunate, as I'd like for a legacy to care about the school as much as I do.
Ehh difference is Bama has multiple 1st round picks at certain positions, DB and OL, which is why the top-rated kids go there. It's not spur of the moment like here, its consistent.

While I admire your enthusiasm about legacies, find the last one who made their mark at their family's alma mater...

But listen, the bag game has been part of the game forever. Dirty schools, mostly from the South & Midwest (places where football is their life) have been dropping off cars, envelopes of $, houses, & paid rent forever, my guy.

Check it out:

Class Ranks:
(FSU ahead)
Results? 25-12 record w/ 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG appearances, 0 BCS Bowl Game invites (Peach Bowl wasnt apart of NY6 at this time)

Class Ranks:
Results? 28-22 record w/ 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG appearances, 0 BCS Bowl Game invites.

Class Ranks:
1. ‘11 - #33 in the nation / #6 in the ACC (Behind FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVA, & UL)
Results? 32-25 record w/ 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG appearances, 0 BCS/NY6 game invites.

Class Ranks:

Results (thus far): 14-10 record, 0 ACC Coastal Crowns or ACCCG, 0 NY6 bowl bids (Final results TBD).

What’s the point? Outside of ‘09, ‘11, ‘19, & ‘20, or in laymen terms, 13 of the 17 years we’ve been in the Coastal, we’ve recruited the best class & it’s not even close. Yet, we have 1 ACC Coastal Division to show for it? Naw bro, that aint bags; that’s incompetence. Kids bouncing, kids playing out of position, kids on pizza diets, S&C program far from on par, kids that clap louder than others garnishing playing time, ice cream trucks invited to practice, etc. etc. etc.....man that ain’t got chit to do w bags. Lol.
Lock. Thread.

Advertisement

Check it out:

Class Ranks:
(FSU ahead)

Class Ranks:

Class Ranks:

Class Ranks:

relly:

you’re coming hard with facts.

can’t fight you on any of it.

Zion, Mallory, Jordan, Shaq, Willis, McIntosh, Homer, Dee Jay just tic name a few in the last few seasons.

All are or were excellent to dominant college players.
My goodness u said dominant players? Have u forgotten who has worn that uniform. My goodness if those are excellent to dominant players in college u tripping. There is no way that u being serious I would bet my *** 80% of the CIS board disagree with u.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Miami should be begging a legacy for a commitment.

Who said we’re supposed to ‘beg him‘ for a commitment? Apparently you got the goat cfb coach bothering to call him and the question is why we ain’t trying equally hard. No one sayong it’s about begging. That’s some sour grapes spin.

If he's heavily leaning Bama because he thinks he has a better chance of getting to the league from Bama than Miami, no chat or texts from Diaz is going to change that.

This is also sour grapes. It’s recruiting. He’s a local 5* at a position of need. You recruit him hard (or don’t at all, I guess). The half assed recruiting sure sounds weak.

Advertisement
My goodness u said dominant players? Have u forgotten who has worn that uniform. My goodness if those are excellent to dominant players in college u tripping. There is no way that u being serious I would bet my *** 80% of the CIS board disagree with u.
We’re talking about kids that the dominant schools of this time have been putting in the NFL, year in and year out, as a reason why kids continue to pick Bama, for instance, and that’s the list we get. Smh

No genuine response and acceptance of the facts. Not 1 centimeter of acknowledgement of reality.

We good I guess. Nothing to see here.

Siiiiiiiiigh; I’m referring to ur comment about “right or wrong, u don’t believe he’s high on our board.”

I wasn’t saying u gassed him up; what I’m saying is prior to this new revelation, supposedly the hire TRob was to help us w/ this. Supposedly he was a must get in the class of ‘22. Supposedly he was in our mock class (from a fan standpoint). Not once did I hear he wasn’t high on our boards.........until now. That comment stood out & then I saw the rationalizing thereafter.

But @gogeta4, I see why u thought I was calling u out. I didn’t fully read ur response; I half @&&ed read; but on god, no shade thrown ur way. It was a culmination of post, and it felt like the old days.

My question is, if a highly ranked legacy from one of the best HS football factories in the nation, that’s actually a highly ranked blue chip ain’t highly on our boards, then who?

It’s all good man, you’re a great poster. Just think the simplest explanation makes the most sense. They aren’t communicating with Little because they aren’t high on him.

They’re chasing corners all over the South so I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. It will come down to the evaluation and whether they’re able to close on other targets.

Advertisement
Who said we’re supposed to ‘beg him‘ for a commitment? Apparently you got the goat cfb coach bothering to call him and the question is why we ain’t trying equally hard. No one sayong it’s about begging. That’s some sour grapes spin.

This is also sour grapes. It’s recruiting. He’s a local 5* at a position of need. You recruit him hard (or don’t at all, I guess). The half assed recruiting sure sounds weak.
Not picking on my man here - I don’t know how some people I’ve had these interactions with are missing the point that we want our HC to make the efforts in recruiting that the head coaching winners make. And if the winners reach out to kids and parents, then our guy should too.

But as you’ve seen above, some of these guys are so beholden to defend at all costs that they can’t even acknowledge this:

“In a situation where we want a kid who’s in our backyard and is highly ranked at a position of need, that if we know Saban reached out to the parents and kid and it was well-received, that it might be a good idea for Manny to follow suit.”

Can’t even ******* agree to say that! It’s not limited to Little. He’s just what spurred this. How on earth can someone be that way and think that their opinion has any merit whatsoever when it comes to this situation???

Advertisement
Back