Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
Bruh; Shannon recruited the #1 class right going 5-7! Golden recruited the #10 class right after going 6-6! First yr coaches get the benefit of the doubt here, bruh bruh. That chit doesn’t impress me bro. I’ve seen it.

But that’s not the point. We’re talking about Little Jr & the CB need. He went from alleged priority to now he “may not” be high on our boards. Make it make sense.
NEW DB COACHES.

ITS EARLY WE DONT KNOW IF HE IS A PRIORITY OR NOT...JUST THEORIES AT THIS POINT. They could send their chocalate chip cookie next week to the Little Residence for all we know.

I dont think our recruiting board is set yet...this is the evaluation period. A whole lot of guys with interest/offers from UM and other schools...by Summer wont get a call or text back. RECRUITING IS FLUID. Yall acting like rookies to this CROOTING sh*t. ESPECIALLY considering its a pandemic and a got**** prolonged dead period.
FaroffPaltryCrane-size_restricted.gif

Posters are complaining that Miami misses out on top prospects because Miami doesn't do timely evals. I'm getting the impression that the staff did its due diligence and doesn't rank Little as a top priority. They aren't doing a full court press for someone who they aren't that high on. So I'm failing to see the problem here. Is the complaint now that the staff may have done a timely eval, but the eval is totally wrong and Little Jr. should be higher up on the board? I haven't seen any film but it sounds like Little is a good player, but not a program changer. Maybe T-Rob and DVD see other recruits with more upside. Or is this a question of optics and not landing a legacy? If that's the case, are you all saying Miami should give away limited scholarships to players it doesn't rank highly just because of fan perception?

You’re so triggered it’s hilarious. What ’complaining’ am I doing? We’re discussing whether Manny’s recruiting as effectively as we should. We’re discussing actual feedback about how Saban is recruiting a kid we want, in our back yard, who’s a Cane legacy. If you can’t handle the discussion, not sure what you’re doing in the thread.

And what ‘answers’ do you imagine could be provided, at this point? This is a fan board. We discuss the team. For answers, tune in in Sept and watch how it goes.

No one is triggered, if anyone is, is you with your long *** posts.
I think you are the one that cant handle discussion and others opinion.
You like to talk about evaluations but you are more worried about Saban and who he wants.
Who cares what Saban is doing, like people have said maybe Little jr is not high on Manny’s board.
You are complaining about Manny not contacting a player that Saban contacted.
Before you complain you know what answers you should look for, can coaches contact recruits.
How high is Little on our board and how much do we want him.
We just had one of the best recruiting classes in a long time, mainly with local players.
Manny still thought it was necessary to improve the recruiting staff and he did.
That's how much he values recriuting so is too premature to start questioning our methods in recriuting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Posters are complaining that Miami misses out on top prospects because Miami doesn't do timely evals. I'm getting the impression that the staff did its due diligence and doesn't rank Little as a top priority. They aren't doing a full court press for someone who they aren't that high on. So I'm failing to see the problem here. Is the complaint now that the staff may have done a timely eval, but the eval is totally wrong and Little Jr. should be higher up on the board? I haven't seen any film but it sounds like Little is a good player, but not a program changer. Maybe T-Rob and DVD see other recruits with more upside. Or is this a question of optics and not landing a legacy? If that's the case, are you all saying Miami should give away limited scholarships to players it doesn't rank highly just because of fan perception?
He’s a highly ranked local recruit at a position of need. If they evaluated him and he isn’t a priority then no problem. It isn’t the 1st time I’ve heard this.

I’ve credited Manny for his classes after the seasons we’ve had on the field in this very thread and previously too. This isn’t “Manny Sucks” drivel. This is discussion.

There are highly ranked recruits/parents of recruits who have mentioned other head coaches reaching out and playing an active role in their recruitments, and that Manny hadn’t. Here it involves Earl Little Sr who said it on CIS TV last night.

We want our HC to be competitive with others in the recruiting process. That is all.
But 2 examples doesnt make a case just cause we want Manny to recruit a kid is all im saying...yall getting emotional cause hes a legacy without knowing who will actually sign and who the staff is after

But 2 examples doesnt make a case just cause we want Manny to recruit a kid is all im saying...yall getting emotional cause hes a legacy without knowing who will actually sign and who the staff is after
I just want our Head Coach to reach out to recruits and their parents if we want them and they’re highly ranked if that’s what’s needed to stay competitive with others doing that. If he’s not a priority then that’s fine as that’s all there is to it.

I just want our Head Coach to reach out to recruits and their parents if we want them and they’re highly ranked if that’s what’s needed to stay competitive with others doing that. If he’s not a priority then that’s fine as that’s all there is to it.
So you dont think Manny is or ever was involved with any highly ranked recruits???

Advertisement
So you dont think Manny is or ever was involved with any highly ranked recruits???
That’s a broad statement? Where did I say I:

“dont think Manny is or ever was involved with any highly ranked recruits”???

I didn’t. In fact I said in this thread as well that he may very well reach out/ get involved with a number of highly rated recruits.

This is the second highly ranked one I’ve now been made aware of just recently so it raises a reasonable question about appropriate levels of HC involvement, impacts, industry methods...

That’s how I look at things. If you don’t ask those questions and you’re happy then I’m happy for you.

Bro, DMoney commented on this. I don’t speak subliminally. I think u should know this bout me.
When did I hype up Little before? My stance on him has been the same: he's a good player, doesn't seem to be elite but I'll know more after seeing him up close at camps.

Other corners on the board are getting a lot of love. Maybe TRob doesn't like him. Whether that's the right evaluation is another issue. Like I said, I want to see him up close.

Thats a broad statement? Where did I say I:

“dont think Manny is or ever was involved with any highly ranked recruits”???

I didn’t. In fact I said in this thread as well that he may very well reach out/ get involved with a number of highly rated recruits.

This is the second highly ranked one I’ve now been made aware of just recently so it raises a reasonable question about appropriate levels of HC involvement, impacts, industry methods...

That’s how I look at things. If you don’t ask those questions and you’re happy then I’m happy for you.
No my problem is fans always seem to know more than the coaches... CIS should just put a staff together and lead us to number 6 (there are a few who I think knows what they are talking about).....we take one side and turn it into Manny doesnt personally recruit highly rated kids and thats exactly what this has turned to even though its just this kid (and your other one)...at the end of the day I just want the best players here whether thats little Jr or another highly ranked kid and its the staff job to decide on who that is....of course we can discuss it thats the point of this board but whatever the popular opinion on the board is everyone just runs with it

Advertisement
No my problem is fans always seem to know more than the coaches... CIS should just put a staff together and lead us to number 6 (there are a few who I think knows what they are talking about).....we take one side and turn it into Manny doesnt personally recruit highly rated kids and thats exactly what this has turned to even though its just this kid (and your other one)...at the end of the day I just want the best players here whether thats little Jr or another highly ranked kid and its the staff job to decide on who that is....of course we can discuss it thats the point of this board but whatever the popular opinion on the board is everyone just runs with it
Dude, the only one turning this into that is you. You tried to set a little trap for me and it didn’t work - because I praise Manny plenty and stick up for him plenty, and call things the other way as well so find another slurper/shamer to dance with

So word in the streets in sfla streets is that this isn't the same Miami we once loved. I said years ago that bad hires would ruin that legacy and it seems tarnished. I can't even argue against it.....sucks that we became this regular *** football program. Also I hope LT and JW develop cause I get alarmed when we win big battles like the Tracy Howard's and get blamed for developing....when @Ethnicsands said 100 times it's the evals. How much did the developing schools pursue those two kids? Don't tell me UF cause they suck and UGA sucks now too lol. I get nervous when it's us winning the arthur browns of the world then they do absolutely nothing.

Talk me off a ledge please. I hate that saying and it breaks my heart that people who played at UM and beloved players and the streets are saying it's not the UM we once loved. That means IMO something up top is different and the real football people know something the average fan (us) doesnt

What gets me more upset is they send them to bama the fuqin KKK. The worst racist POS program ever someone tell these kids man wake the fuq up. But money buys all so.
When we hire someone qualified to lead the program to success we gone have a chance. Until then, we gone get what we been getting.

You still don't get it and you're being emotional because the kid is a legacy and you think he's a top talent, but maybe Manny doesnt or maybe we have other players rated higher If we land Khamauri Rodgers at a position of need will you still cry about this? You're saying I should be skeptical of Manny as a recruiter when I also gave you the kids he was involved with and landed not even 2 months ago but as soon as anyone gives credit youre automatically a slurper that shows me yall just looking for anything to hate on Manny about...we havent even lost the kid yet......I can get that Saban see's something that Manny doesnt see and maybe thats why Saban is the goat but this has just turned into another Manny sucks thread and that's fine you can have your opinion on who we should recruit or not
I’ve already said if the issue is he doesn’t want Little then no problem, that’s an eval. If you can’t read, that’s on you. But make up your mind. Do we want him or not? don’t come back when we really want him with some other excuse.

Anyhow, manny was LB corch for 3 years and recruited and evaluated poorly. He ain’t never been known as a serious recruiter. So count me as skeptical until proven otherwise. Two kids one cycle ain’t ‘otherwise.’.

Anyhow, this isn’t a ‘manny sucks’ thread to anyone other rh an the sensitive triggered types who can’t discuss UM football honestly without having a meltdown. This is just a recruiting discussion. Maybe it’s an eval issue, maybe manny’s got a different approach to recruiting, maybe manny just dropping the ball. We don’t know. Hence the discussion.

Advertisement
Dude, the only one turning this into that is you. You tried to set a little trap for me and it didn’t work - because I praise Manny plenty and stick up for him plenty, and call things the other way as well so find another slurper/shamer to dance with
Have you read the thread its Manny sucks day and ready my post I didnt say it was you why yall guys always getting so cry baby about nothing Im literally happy and now you getting ****ed smh

He was in early on James Williams, Greg Rousseau..i guess he picks and chooses. But i agree. He should (not sure) if he is....with Julian Armella (hispanic connection).
Earl Little jr is getting alot of run on here because he is a legacy. Saban is out of state and he is doing his part. Manny might be involved with the kid in Miss at cb...we just dont know.

ME PERSONALLY I AGREE with you though..I think Manny should be involved more so with recruiting levels. That could be his gift. But in this situation regardless if Manny is giving smiley emoji facetimes...the goat db coach is still on him. Thats going to be the story.
Well said.

I’ve already said if the issue is he doesn’t want Little then no problem, that’s an eval. If you can’t read, that’s on you. But make up your mind. Do we want him or not? don’t come back when we really want him with some other excuse.

Anyhow, manny was LB corch for 3 years and recruited and evaluated poorly. He ain’t never been known as a serious recruiter. So count me as skeptical until proven otherwise. Two kids one cycle ain’t ‘otherwise.’.

Anyhow, this isn’t a ‘manny sucks’ thread to anyone other rh an the sensitive triggered types who can’t discuss UM football honestly without having a meltdown. This is just a recruiting discussion. Maybe it’s an eval issue, maybe manny’s got a different approach to recruiting, maybe manny just dropping the ball. We don’t know. Hence the discussion.
Yeah evals are always a question and I agree with you on the Lb thing but as a head coach I think he's done well as a recruiter its been 2 classes and hopefully this one takes another step

Advertisement
Back