Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

We can’t produce them if we don’t recruit them. Pope isn’t getting developed into an Amari Cooper.

BTW, Little is history. This “Manny isn’t showing enough love” business is just a smokescreen to send the kid to Bama. Watch and see. His mind is already made up.

You are probably right. But I think we still have to recruit Earl Jr. until the echo of the whistle. You never know when Saban will retire. You never know when a national champ coach/team (Orgeron/LSU) falls apart. Give the kid options, give the kid something to think about.

I don't mind losing once in a while if we fight like **** along the way.

Advertisement
Truth.

This is year 100 of SoFla recruits complaining about something Miami does/doesn't do, while never criticizing any other school that does/doesn't do the same exact thing.
Why would they criticize other schools for not doing something in their recruitment? Why would we even hear about that, frankly? We’re the local school. It’s natural we’ll be compared to other schools recruiting them. If we get our share I guess it doesn’t matter. But since we have been losing most of our top DB prospects for ages, maybe it actually does matter what we aren’t doing, that others are.

Fans get butthurt over hearing feedback. Why not look for the message in it? If he was about bags, that’s one thing. If he’s just pointing out who’s recruiting him the best, shouldn’t we take note? Maybe Manny doesn’t want him that much. That’s possible. Good topic re evals to watch. But if he does want him - and we need cbs badly - then the discussion maybe turns to recruiting - how, not who.

You’d rather have an off-season champ who fixes his prior season’s on-field messes over a guy who can actually coach? Florida has been top 10 two of the past three years with two bowl victories, and played for the SEC title this past year. He may not be perfect but seems unlikely he’d get curb stomped by FIU, LA Tech, either.

"Actually coach"? Give me a ******* break.

Mullet got luck with Trash, who would have stayed on the bench if Franks wasn't injured. He DEFINITELY got lucky with Pitts.

Most of the contributors for Mullet are either McSharkfvcker recruits or transfers.

Look, even if I granted you the point that Mullet can "actually coach" a bit, you are trying to compare my apple to your orange. The issue wasn't "compare off-season Manny to in-season Mullet". The issue was that I would prefer a coach to take corrective actions in the off-season rather than to have the passive off-seasons that Mullet has had.

But, sure, just change the subject.

Advertisement
Not disagreeing, but we can't recruit based on who Bama wants. That already hurt us once with Enos.
If we aren’t recruiting him that hard because we don’t want him that much, you’re right. We should do our own evals.

but the question here is whether, for kids we evaluate and want, we are recruiting as effectively as we need to. That’s about recruiting, not evals.

I can live with a recruit or their parent saying they picked Bama because of Jeudy, Ridley, Surtain... whoever. Sucks but I get it. I don’t want to hear that other HC’s reach out and ours doesn’t in a similar way, qualitatively and time-wise.
People would rather deflect than own their decisions. As a former Cane, it's probably tough to say Bama is their best option. Maybe Little believes what he's selling.. but I don't. Bama is just better, top to bottom, period.

You’d rather have an off-season champ who fixes his prior season’s on-field messes over a guy who can actually coach? Florida has been top 10 two of the past three years with two bowl victories, and played for the SEC title this past year. He may not be perfect but seems unlikely he’d get curb stomped by FIU, LA Tech, either.
We all know mullen is an offseason chump whos about to be exposed without mcelwains recruits.
Two opposite trajectories.

Interesting. Are you personally not that impressed? I don't know much about him other than he's ranked high and his dad played at Miami.
I've seen AMH play on streams but never watched Little up close live. I'll know more after the camps.

He's not a no-brainer like Pat Surtain Jr., but still looks like a good player.

Advertisement
"Actually coach"? Give me a ******* break.

Mullet got luck with Trash, who would have stayed on the bench if Franks wasn't injured. He DEFINITELY got lucky with Pitts.

Most of the contributors for Mullet are either McSharkfvcker recruits or transfers.

Look, even if I granted you the point that Mullet can "actually coach" a bit, you are trying to compare my apple to your orange. The issue wasn't "compare off-season Manny to in-season Mullet". The issue was that I would prefer a coach to take corrective actions in the off-season rather than to have the passive off-seasons that Mullet has had.

But, sure, just change the subject.
Miami fans get so distracted trying to defend our own incompetent ***** we fail to focus on what this program needs. Mullen may be imperfect but he’s a pretty legit head coach who has win 7 bowl games the past decade. Our program has one 1 in that time frame.

I don’t get as excited as most here about off-season hype because it’s mostly irrelevant. Let’s see some in-season wins that matter.

Why would they criticize other schools for not doing something in their recruitment? Why would we even hear about that, frankly? We’re the local school. It’s natural we’ll be compared to other schools recruiting them. If we get our share I guess it doesn’t matter. But since we have been losing most of our top DB prospects for ages, maybe it actually does matter what we aren’t doing, that others are.

Fans get butthurt over hearing feedback. Why not look for the message in it? If he was about bags, that’s one thing. If he’s just pointing out who’s recruiting him the best, shouldn’t we take note? Maybe Manny doesn’t want him that much. That’s possible. Good topic re evals to watch. But if he does want him - and we need cbs badly - then the discussion maybe turns to recruiting - how, not who.

Again, you change the subject. Now you're yapping about "getting butthurt over hearing feedback". As per usual with you, NOT THE SUBJECT.

But, sure, try to gaslight us all into thinking that kids ONLY EVER CRITICIZE the hometown school. Again, whether it is "promises of immediate playing time" or "honesty over what position a player could/should play" or "depth chart issues" or literally ANY recruiting issue whatsoever, you CONSTANTLY see SoFla recruits blast Miami for things that every other school does.

But, yeah, just keep telling us that this is a local/perception/media coverage issue, and not a real thing.

This isn't about career-ending injuries, where misperceptions can be rebutted with facts. This SoFla-recruits-criticizing-Miami stuff has been going on for decades.

Feel free to rebut my points with actual facts. Show me 20 years of Alabama kids complaining about Saban or 10 years of South Carolina kids complaining about Dabo. Or anyone complaining about Meyer (and, yes, they sometimes complain when they transfer away from Meyer).

If we aren’t recruiting him that hard because we don’t want him that much, you’re right. We should do our own evals.

but the question here is whether, for kids we evaluate and want, we are recruiting as effectively as we need to. That’s about recruiting, not evals.

And you don't have the answer to any of those questions, once you do go ahead and complain.

We all know mullen is an offseason chump whos about to be exposed without mcelwains recruits.
Two opposite trajectories.
My concern is Manny’s trajectory. It can hopefully only go up after getting embarraased by FIU, La Tech and UNC his first two seasons. Let’s hope it goes up fast enough and high enough that we’re not back on the coaching market soon and not stuck in mediocrity any longer.

Advertisement
Again, you change the subject. Now you're yapping about "getting butthurt over hearing feedback". As per usual with you, NOT THE SUBJECT.

But, sure, try to gaslight us all into thinking that kids ONLY EVER CRITICIZE the hometown school. Again, whether it is "promises of immediate playing time" or "honesty over what position a player could/should play" or "depth chart issues" or literally ANY recruiting issue whatsoever, you CONSTANTLY see SoFla recruits blast Miami for things that every other school does.

But, yeah, just keep telling us that this is a local/perception/media coverage issue, and not a real thing.

This isn't about career-ending injuries, where misperceptions can be rebutted with facts. This SoFla-recruits-criticizing-Miami stuff has been going on for decades.

Feel free to rebut my points with actual facts. Show me 20 years of Alabama kids complaining about Saban or 10 years of South Carolina kids complaining about Dabo. Or anyone complaining about Meyer (and, yes, they sometimes complain when they transfer away from Meyer).
So you’re crapping on So Fla recruits and I’m looking for ways we can improve.

Carry on.

Miami fans get so distracted trying to defend our own incompetent ***** we fail to focus on what this program needs. Mullen may be imperfect but he’s a pretty legit head coach who has win 7 bowl games the past decade. Our program has one 1 in that time frame.

I don’t get as excited as most here about off-season hype because it’s mostly irrelevant. Let’s see some in-season wins that matter.

I am not defending Manny at all. I am stating a simple fact, I prefer a coach who does MORE to address what went wrong than a coach who does LESS to address what went wrong.

But keep acting like I (or anyone) is advocating for beatification for Manny.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

Except we’ve heard this story over and over, so there isn’t really reason to doubt it here. It’s possible it’s always false. It’s possible it’s true elsewhere but false here. But the simpler explanation is Saban is really good at his job, understands prioritization and his highest and best uses, and is all over every detail, and Manny is desperately trying to be a DC in addition to a HC, and is reactive, not proactive, not only everywhere else but even in recruiting.
Got it. Your assumptions are correct because... reasons. Everyone else’s guesses are just wrong.

I’m not saying Manny is going to out recruit Saban, ever. But I have a hard time falling for the whole Manny is a bumbling fool and just forgets to recruit players a/b (while simultaneously connecting with/signing players y/z).

Advertisement
And you don't have the answer to any of those questions, once you do go ahead and complain.
You’re so triggered it’s hilarious. What ’complaining’ am I doing? We’re discussing whether Manny’s recruiting as effectively as we should. We’re discussing actual feedback about how Saban is recruiting a kid we want, in our back yard, who’s a Cane legacy. If you can’t handle the discussion, not sure what you’re doing in the thread.

And what ‘answers’ do you imagine could be provided, at this point? This is a fan board. We discuss the team. For answers, tune in in Sept and watch how it goes.

So you’re crapping on So Fla recruits and I’m looking for ways we can improve.

Carry on.

More dopey ****e from you. I'm not crapping on all SoFla recruits. I am pointing out that this phenomenon is prevalent with SoFla recruits. They aren't all bad, they aren't all the problem.

But for the individuals who pull this kind of crap, it's wrong. It's hypocritical and one-sided.

Yeah, you're "looking for ways we can improve". What a load of crap.

He's going to Bama unless we wind up having a historic level season where we see Blades-Ivey-Stevenson all projected to be 1st and 2nd round picks. Go 10 or 11 in regular season and beat Clemson in the ACC title game.

Luckily for us there's several Miami caliber CBs in SoFla this cycle...we need to go ahead and lock up Mullen, Turner, and Spells. Then swing for the fences on ELJr. I just don't want us to chase the big names all year while gettable kids start committing elsewhere because we out here recruiting like we're some powerhouse CFB program when CLEARLY we're not there yet.

Advertisement
Back