Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Too many “do what’s best for you, fam” “I wish the kid the best no matter where he goes” lame faqqits down here.

Happens more and more as the sport becomes more and more individualistic.

The days of being accepted for thinking someones a phaggot just for putting on the other jersey are numbered, if not over.

Just one mercenary tipping his cap to the other

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not joking at all. Earl Little was a true Cane during difficult times. If anyone’s kid was going to be a Cane from birth I would have thought it would have been his.
Earl Little was a great player but let's not forget he chose to play at Michigan and signed with them on nsd. He came to Miami a year or two later I believe due to family issues.

Went to HS with Earl and I'm excited to see what his son can do in a CANES Uni.

He has all the tools to be really good but does anyone know his speed?
Its crazy Earl little Wife was my third grade teacher in 03 , she had to take a leave of absnce for some months beacause she was giving birth to litlle earl, i rembe when he was born smh time flies, im getting old
Went to HS with Earl and I'm excited to see what his son can do in a CANES Uni.

He has all the tools to be really good but does anyone know his speed?
This is crazy Earl little Wife was my third grade teacher in 03 ,she had to take a leave of absnce beacause she was giving birth to litlle earl , time flies smh im getting old , earl use to pull up to the school and gave out free shoes and other things,made me be a browns for a few years lol but i hope his son stay home

There were a lot of legacies we didn't take.
.like Jerome Brown's son, Dee, I think. I have one friend whose son never got any interest from us, played for a decade in the NFL. How about Bennie Blades' son who played LB for Pitt? Did he get an offer? Mozell Axton's son? No Crum who played for ND?

I don't know how many of the legacies got offers from us, don't know how many cared.

Especially when kids end up growing up or graduating HS out west can they even relate to UM, especially when they're dad's glory years predated them? Hard to relate to clippings, stories and maybe some video.

Not the same as the old Orange Bowl experience live.

Zach Latimer grew up in Denver, Tony Cline Jr. in Sacramento, I believe, and Andre Carter finished HS in San Jose.

I vaguely remember an issue with Rubin Carter wanting a position as DL coach at the U so maybe he was unhappy. Don't remember when this happened and don't even know if this is true.

If you've never been to Cal Berkeley it's an imposing university with especially great graduate programs and research. I remember going to a Dolphin-Raider game on that campus in '73 and struck by the beauty of the hills. (Game was moved from Coliseum to Cal stadium to accommodate bigger crowd. Dolphins' first game and first loss after '72 perfect season.)

I think Golden and D’no saw him as a Safety and not a CB and they were mad and he went to Florida, where he did quite well as a CB. So they hate us forever.

Someone please correct me if this isn’t the gist of it.
I vaguely recall Chad on Grassy and he was solidly on board with us 'til the thing with his son blew up.

I can't point finger of blame although I'm sure many of you will blame Golden.

Advertisement
I vaguely recall Chad on Grassy and he was solidly on board with us 'til the thing with his son blew up.

I can't point finger of blame although I'm sure many of you will blame Golden.
I mean it is what it is. Our then corches, Dno and Alf, thought Quincy was a Safety and were proven wrong in the sense that he succeeded at UiF as a CB.

So then Choad hates Miami forever - hates Rumph, Diaz and Richt Miami, hates Rumph, Baker and Diaz Miami, hates his own school today bc of Alf and Dno???

This is the type of propaganda that’s going to be around that kid, especially from American heritage. Earl little Sr played with chad Wilson at Miami too.. only recently legacy kid that’s been worth anything for Miami in recent years has been al blades. I’m sure Wilson is going to be preaching that to him and how he sent his kids elsewhere and they don’t have to play for Miami. Plus when you factor in who Corey raymond is as a recruiter/ developer it’s not going to be a Easy battle by any means. LSU has little’s attention now but it’s a long way to go

******* hate choad...

I mean it is what it is. Our then corches, Dno and Alf, thought Quincy was a Safety and were proven wrong in the sense that he succeeded at UiF as a CB.

So then Choad hates Miami forever - hates Rumph, Diaz and Richt Miami, hates Rumph, Baker and Diaz Miami, hates his own school today bc of Alf and Dno???
You know better than I know. I know very little about the situation. I can't justify his anger. Not defending him, not saying he's rational.

You know better than I know. I know very little about the situation. I can't justify his anger. Not defending him, not saying he's rational.
Yeah, I know. I was just trying to bring his angry logic, or lack thereof, to light.

Advertisement

Dont think they even wanted him at safety. They chose the Ryan Mayes kid who was a dr drop kid who transferred to mnw his sr year and offered him b4 Quincy who out played him at the same camp.

Dont think they even wanted him at safety. They chose the Ryan Mayes kid who was a dr drop kid who transferred to mnw his sr year and offered him b4 Quincy who out played him at the same camp.
I’ll defer to you for sure.

Advertisement
That and the fan base despises and attacked him so he went on the opposition.

Attacked him? He got in his feeling after one ****y coaching staff (wrongly) had lesser talent higher on their board than Quincy. Some knucklehead fans came at him on a meaningless message board, and he went scorched Earth on the program. Since then, escalation.

As far as I am concerned, Choad Wilson turned in his Cane card for a lizard card and should be treated as such in South Florida. Fvck him.

Oh good Lord. We are going to lose Earl freakin’ Little’s kid????
Why not? We lost Maurice Crum's, Highsmith's, and one of Blades's. So yes, it's perfectly conceivable we could lose Little's. Not even counting Burgess because we didn't recruiting him hard.

I think Golden and D’no saw him as a Safety and not a CB and they were mad and he went to Florida, where he did quite well as a CB. So they hate us forever.

Someone please correct me if this isn’t the gist of it.
If thats correct they are just straight up idiots. Hold a grudge to the coaching staff not the school. Its not like any body thats currently at Miami is at fast for what happened years and years ago. Honestly thats doing a disservice to the kids.

If thats correct they are just straight up idiots. Hold a grudge to the coaching staff not the school. Its not like any body thats currently at Miami is at fast for what happened years and years ago. Honestly thats doing a disservice to the kids.
Yeah I agree. I think gogeta was saying that he engaged in an angry social media war at the time with UM fans so there’s that too but still - total jack wad. Fans gonna fan.

Advertisement
Back