Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
I’m not joking at all. Earl Little was a true Cane during difficult times. If anyone’s kid was going to be a Cane from birth I would have thought it would have been his.
I apologize for misinterpr
The fan base turned on him...and he been the opp ever since. He routinely trolls um fans on twitter.
The crazy part is ...i remember i was 1 of the main ones on the boards begging that we offered his oldest son because i knew it would eventually cost us.
If we would've offered Quincy at CB, we would've landed Marco too. Missed out. May have paid dividends in landing Tyson Campbell and PS2. Possibly establish that pipeline to American Heritage. Oh well.

Side note: Earl Sr. Is a big-time Canes advocate. He has always openly rooted for his alma mater. He has said he won't push for Earl Jr. to choose Miami.

Advertisement
Yep.

The majority of them don't do much.

Any Blades is a different story, though.

I think the biggest legacy miss was the DE that went to Cal about 20 years ago - can't remember his name, but I think his pappy was an AA on the DL in the 70s - maybe Ruben Davis's son.

He was an AA and a 1st round pick - don't know how he did in the pros, but I think he went to Cal in the mid-90s when we were on probation.

He would've looked good on the Miami DL.

Every Cane legacy doesn’t have to come here. Just like Miami doesn’t have to offer every former player’s kid, cousin, brother, grandson, etc.

Yep.

I think the biggest legacy miss was the DE that went to Cal about 20 years ago - can't remember his name, but I think his pappy was an AA on the DL in the 70s - maybe Ruben Davis's son.

He was an AA and a 1st round pick - don't know how he did in the pros, but I think he went to Cal in the mid-90s when we were on probation.

Andre Carter is who you're referring to, he was Butch's biggest miss. He was Rubin Carter's kid and it came down to us and Cal and he chose them. He was a great college player but didn't do much in the pros.

Advertisement
It's a long time until he signs but yea it seems like LSU is way out front for him.

Chad just rationalizing his own kids decisions. We've landed mediocre *** legacies. That's why the kids are transferring. It's not like these are stud legacies that we've landed with Highsmith, Patchan, Ray Lewis, Edge nephew, and now Irvin.
Didn't we spurn one of Chad's kids? Seems his hostility to UM started then.

Yep.

Andre Carter, son of Rubin all-time great DT and NT of famed Orange Crush defense of '70's.

Andre transferred from to HS in San Jose where his father was coaching DL at San Jose State. I believe Andre had started HS in south Miami but moved out there during HS. I remembered vaguely a story about a girlfriend going to Cal but not sure.

We also lost a blue chip LB son of another top player, I think it was Don Latimer's son who went to Oklahoma.

Tony Cline's son went to Stanford as a TE, then the Bills.

A lot of kids don't feel the U just because their father played for us, at least not enough to go to UM.

With kids like Little we have to be on a competitive level with the likes of LSU or else it's an easy decision.

Yep, Rubin Carter - don't know who Rubin Davis is.

Zach Latimer was the son of Don.

Don't know how he did at Ok or if he went on to the pros, but he was a top-rated LB the year he came out - playing somewhere out in Colorado.

Andre Carter, son of Rubin all-time great DT and NT of famed Orange Crush defense of '70's.

Andre transferred from to HS in San Jose where his father was coaching DL at San Jose State. I believe Andre had started HS in south Miami but moved out there during HS. I remembered vaguely a story about a girlfriend going to Cal but not sure.

We also lost a blue chip LB son of another top player, I think it was Don Latimer's son who went to Oklahoma.

Tony Cline's son went to Stanford as a TE, then the Bills.

A lot of kids don't feel the U just because their father played for us, at least not enough to go to UM.

With kids like Little we have to be on a competitive level with the likes of LSU or else it's an easy decision.

Advertisement
Didn't we spurn one of Chad's kids? Seems his hostility to UM started then.
I think Golden and D’no saw him as a Safety and not a CB and they were mad and he went to Florida, where he did quite well as a CB. So they hate us forever.

Someone please correct me if this isn’t the gist of it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Earl Jr. must have developed late because, as a young kid, he was way overrated. Slow and super average. His dad was masterful at creating hype videos for him and making him appear to be a much better player than he actually was.

Advertisement
Back