Manny Suxx MEGA THREAD

You're "higher up the food chain" than a guy who was managing billions of dollars by the time he was 25?

OK..... that makes sense. I'm sure you're a Wall Street executive. Because someone who has all the completely asinine, uninformed, myopic theories like you do sounds like a person with an Ivy League MBA to me.

Funny how it seems so pointless to go back and forth when all of a sudden you get called out.

Would you like to discuss hedging beta, the efficient frontier, capital structure relevancy, or portfolio insurance? I'm sure you have keen insight as to active vs. passive management, barbell strategies and endowment management.

I get you had that fabulous music career, but maybe don't go making accusations about people when you know d!ck s#i+, because you look like even more like a complete idiot when you get called out.

Called out? Saying "Drrr your post was moronic" isn't calling anyone out, it makes you look like you're 12. Kind of like your Starter jacket.

I just think it's funny how hellbent you are at having a **** measuring contest. Bro, relax. It ain't that serious. You came at me first, remember?

The fact that you think you're some kind of investment expert because you know what "beta" is shows exactly how junior you really are. An undergrad could tell you that. None of the terms you threw out are even remotely confusing, and they're not impressing me at all. Yeah, I know what an efficient frontier is. So what?

I mean for ****'s sake man, just take a deep breath and let it go.

Advertisement
Unless there’s a total collapse he’s in no danger of losing his job.

The real question is how many wins are needed for it to be considered a successful season.
Must win 10+ games
Must win the bowl game
Must beat Forfeit State

Short if another losing season Manny likely will not get fired. Was not a fan of the hire and he still has to prove he can take us up to at least being in the talk for NC playoffs at end of regular season before I start to buy in. For the Cane's sake of I hope he does. If not another regime with at least 2 more seasons of frustration. We are stuck with him at least another season so why not hope he learns

Advertisement
You are all crazy if you think he gets fired with a winning record next year. First year 6-7, this year 8-3, if he has a winning record next year there’s no way they justify firing him after two positive seasons and one negative first year. I’m just saying

So if we go 7-6 w/ another bowl loss, u think he’s safe? 8 yrs here, total.

Advertisement
Against my better judgment, but in an effort to understand this post and where it comes from, I'm going to ignore the "p rhymes with troglodytical" and xenophobic parts of this for the moment....

Is it your working theory that cronyism, nepotism, and other forms of corruption possible only in a place like Miami-Dade County are at play in the decision to hire and retain Diaz? More particularly, are you saying that the BOT is behind Diaz's hiring/retention as a quid pro quo to Diaz Sr., former Mayor, in exchange for unspecified "p rhymes with troglodytical" favors? And that Diaz Sr., as Chair of the Florida Democratic Party (as of 3 days ago), is providing the BOT "special favors" in exchange for having the BOT protect his son's job as HC?

If I have properly summarized your working theory, I have a few questions:

* Do you have any evidence to support these claims? What sort of "special favors" are we talking about here? That you know of, has Diaz Sr. ever performed a "p rhymes with troglodytical" favor for Richard Fain (Royal Caribbean Cruises CEO)?
* Diaz Sr. had been largely out of "p rhymes with analytics" for about a decade, so how far back does this conspiracy go? Was this a long play by the BOT, who was hoping/anticipating Diaz Sr. would jump back into "p rhymes with analytics"? Does this go all the way back to Diaz's hiring as DC, or was that just a lucky break for the BOT? Was Richt involved? If Richt was involved, was he a willing participant or did they threaten/manipulate him? Did they use Jon as leverage? Was Temple or their AD involved in any way?
* Is it only certain members of the BOT getting "special favors", or is the entire body (nearly 100 trustees) on board? Are these personal/business favors or favors for UM as well?
* Is Blake James being manipulated/threatened by the BOT, or is he a willing participant in this charade? If the BOT inevitably fires Blake James, will Diaz Sr. use his "p rhymes with troglodytical" power to force the BOT into hiring his son's preferred AD, or is there a limit to the BOT's willingness to color outside the lines?

Legitimately curious for your responses.

I think politics in Miami is corrupt as ****. It is what it is. You're reading way too much else in to what I wrote. I'm an immigrant myself, how am I going to be xenophobic?

That doesn't make Miami any less corrupt. I don't like corrupt ****, I hate it when I see it, I hate it when I'm around it, and I don't make excuses for it. Plain and simple.

Is it better than it was 30 years ago? **** yes. Anything is better than back when the biggest economic drivers for the entire area were cocaine and old people. But does that mean it's totally clean today? **** no.

You want to know where this post comes from? I don't like corrupt politicians, and I don't like political favors. I don't like the way business is done in South Florida in some circles. I want it cleaned up. I consider Miami my city, and I take pride in it. So the dirty parts.... that's **** I don't have any patience for.

That's where it comes from.

I think politics in Miami is corrupt as ****. It is what it is. You're reading way too much else in to what I wrote. I'm an immigrant myself, how am I going to be xenophobic?

That doesn't make Miami any less corrupt. I don't like corrupt ****, I hate it when I see it, I hate it when I'm around it, and I don't make excuses for it. Plain and simple.

Is it better than it was 30 years ago? **** yes. Anything is better than back when the biggest economic drivers for the entire area were cocaine and old people. But does that mean it's totally clean today? **** no.

You want to know where this post comes from? I don't like corrupt politicians, and I don't like political favors. I don't like the way business is done in South Florida in some circles. I want it cleaned up. I consider Miami my city, and I take pride in it. So the dirty parts.... that's **** I don't have any patience for.

That's where it comes from.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.
Final question: what brand tinfoil produces the sturdiest hats?

Advertisement
Thank you for confirming my suspicions.
Final question: what brand tinfoil produces the sturdiest hats?

So much for "legitimately curious for your response," huh?

Well... I guess I should have known better than to expect actual substance. That one's on me.

If there's one thing I'm often accused of, it's having too much faith in my fellow man. One of these days I'll learn lol.

Advertisement
So much for "legitimately curious for your response," huh?

Well... I guess I should have known better than to expect actual substance. That one's on me.

If there's one thing I'm often accused of, it's having too much faith in my fellow man. One of these day's I'll learn lol.

I was legitimately curious what level of wingnut crazy bananas I was dealing with. Your meandering rant about the boogeyman of "corruption" -- absent a single shred of the substance you purportedly yearn for -- satiated my curiosity.

10+ wins
Coastal Title
Bowl Win
Competitive against Clemson in ACC CG
Beat FSU(Handily)

Those are the expectations, especially when one looks at what is coming back and the fact that this will be year 2 of Lashlee.

Advertisement
Back