Manny Suxx MEGA THREAD

Young buck you still have a few years of life before you know what perspective is.....
...old head your few years away from learning about perspective from the other side...there’s nothing wrong with objective criticism. I wish it was practiced more here lol..so yes we are 6-1 but u can’t satisfied. Still things we need to fix. But while we do that keep them W’s in the win column coming

Advertisement
Penn st is winnless, Georgia has no offense and no QB.
ND is mainly a defensive team.
Only team you listed with a good offense is the gaytors.
The question was who can we honestly hang with for 60mins, not who has a good offense...but your point was?

Your only rebuttal was penn st. News flash, whether we're favored or not doesn't mean unc won't drop 40-50 on us and you dont know what we will do against Maryland. You are the freakin **** just on merits of your post. Our fan base has many football novice as any and you should study more before coming at a football head.

Note for future reference. Calling yourself a football head with a black mamba mentality doesn't make you look like you think it does.

*grunt grunt*
"6 and 1"
*throws own ******

The rallying cry of the primitive section of our fanbase. We should always be self-evaluating and always looking at ways we can improve.

I believe Manny sees it this way as he has said as much in the past, and as I said in my OP, he's built a small record of putting this into action so far. He's also a huge fan of Spo and the Heat, and favors a more modern approach to coaching and organizational operations, with a lot of frequent self-evaluation for curing problems, as opposed to the more archaic line of thinking such as "we just aren't executing."

Hopefully Manny continues down his path as a cerebral guy who's searching for ways to improve, instead of acting like some of our fans who are easily content and prefer grunting over a fire with a unibrow while chanting our record.
This. I'm ecstatic we're 6-1 but equally as ecstatic at the fact that we have SO much room to improve and so far Manny has consistently shown to do that over his tenure with coaching and schematic changes

Advertisement
Who is Manny going to attract, he has no cache and who knows if he will still be here a long time. People usually don't hire people more talented than them to work for them, especially guys who are in over their head already. We are limited by our head coach to what we can hire, no matter what amount we pay.

You can’t argue with these people. They could catch their wives sending nudes to a random guy, and still believe she isn’t cheating bc they haven’t caught her banging that guy.
Stats vs eyes bud. No reason to engage. Your description above is beautiful by the way.

I once speculated that a major attribute of Manny's which could lead to his potential success as a head coach was his adaptability.

When he was our defensive coordinator, I thought his ability and willingness to identify what wasn't working and quickly rectify the issue was an exciting sign that he was a cerebral guy with a promising future. I think the example I used was his success in fixing his unit's failures on 3rd down in a single off-season by inventing the "striker" position for his defense.

In the subsequent season he improved from 75th in 3rd down defense to 1st in the country. This was extremely promising, as where some older gasbag coaches might just blame execution, Manny appeared to be operating as one of the more modern, analytics-driven type of coaches who is always evaluating without bias and is willing to find an answer to fix a problem or deficiency.

We saw another glimpse of this with the disaster that was the Dan Penos era. After telling the fans he wanted the same thing we did at OC -- uptempo, spread, aggressive, modern -- Manny turned around and hired a dinosaur instead. The rest is history, as Dan Penos and his 1970's playbook helped lead us to a horrendous and boring season filled with several suicidal moments for the taking.

Luckily (and thankfully), once again Manny's willingness to quickly recognize a mistake came into play, as he fired the ever living F out of that imbecile and finally made the correct hire most of us (and he) claimed we wanted the year before. Though he completely and utterly pooped his pants on that hire, his ability to not be stubborn and quickly fix his mistake and the situation was a promising sign.

We are now, however, watching a crucial moment unfold for Manny in this regard. This will be his most important test. He's passed smaller tests on this subject matter, but now he's hearing the boss music start to play as he faces his toughest challenge yet. This is a problem which has plagued several head coaches in the past, and even one particularly bloated piece of human garbage who once roamed the sidelines at Miami. Can Manny Diaz fire a "friend"?

Manny spent several seasons coaching with Blake Baker at La Tech and Texas. While Dan Penos was just some strange grifter off the streets somewhere to Manny, Baker is a colleague and former co-worker he's had a relationship with before bringing him to Miami.

Baker is also a coordinator that just won't cut it if Manny's goal is to lead a program that consistently wins a lot of games and championships. He's going to have to make the ruthless decision all championship coaches have had to at one point or another on their journey to building a juggernaut. Can he be cutthroat and put his feelings aside when he needs to make a necessary move? Can he tell Baker to pack his bags after the season, and find himself the equivalent to Lashlee on the defensive side of the ball? Or will he pull an Al Golden, and go down to the pits of the unemployment line all while holding his buddy's hand?

Does Manny Diaz want to truly win BIG? What he does with Baker will let us know.

*Note: Aside from this, Manny has to do a better job recruiting athletes on defense. That might also force his hand and require making other staff moves at the position coach level, as the recruiting misses rear their ugly head just as much as Blake's terrible calls and schemes. More of his guys need to see the axe on the defensive side of the ball if they continue being incapable of signing the quality of player needed to win titles.
I don't know if Baker is the guy, but he and Manny have the relationship you mention, experience working together, loyalty and philosophy. Plus Manny can bring him along. What if he fired him and hired a new guy and it turned out like Enos?

Sometimes you have the right guy with the wrong players, sometimes the wrong guy with the right players - like the Dr John song, "I was in the right place, but it must have been the wrong time."

You said Miami has to recruit better. The linebackers, corners and DTs left in the program, have left us wanting. We had three starting linebackers last year that played together for awhile - that hurt recruiting because LB recruits didn't see a clear path to getting on the field. Thank goodness we had the portal or DE's would be that way too. The scheme might be sound, but if the guys on the field aren't executing it, or if they're blowing assignments or coverages (Which has been fairly eveident this season at times), well that's not only on the DC, that's also a systemic issue related to the type players you're recruiting. I'll say it again, the Dade/Broward kids the Canes end up with generally aren't the pick of the litter, they have deficiencies that kept them available after the high profile schools came and picked through the talent. There's a lot of talent in Florida outside of Dade/Broward - the kid that just had the big run for Clemson is from Naples - Miami just doesn't spend much time over on this side of the state recruiting - but Clemson has. I've watched a bunch of great linebackers this season in 6A, some lock down corners. Ultimatley, you just have to keep grinding in recruiting and hitting those 9-10 win seasons till you get a full load. The best teams have staffs that have coached together for a while.

Advertisement
Who is Manny going to attract, he has no cache and who knows if he will still be here a long time. People usually don't hire people more talented than them to work for them, especially guys who are in over their head already. We are limited by our head coach to what we can hire, no matter what amount we pay.
He was a pretty good DC here.

He's selling the opportunity to coach at the U and recruit SoFl. It's not a hard sell - they don't have to think he's a defensive guru to sign up for that.

Nick Saban is constantly searching for ways to improve, even after they win national titles. Manny can afford to do the same after winning 6 games.

Regarding the OP, Manny can be as analytical and well-spoken as he wants. If he hired someone as DC who he doesn't have the guts to fire, then he's just as dumb as those dinosaurs who spew the "we need to execute better" crap for 5 straight years. Having said that, and I know people like to **** on Manny, but I do think he will have the guts to fire Baker. It may be at the point where manny is on the verge of being fired himself, but I don't think this is a Golden "Going down with my buddy" situation.

Advertisement

He just hired Lashlee after a 6-7 season where our offense was one of the worst in college football.

You are GROSSLY underestimating the length of the line that will form for a chance to coach these athletes.

We also could have easily been 9-3 or better last year with that ****** offense. that doesn’t mean a change was desperately needed, and by your logic that change shouldnt Have happened because playing Like crap doesn’t matter u less it costs you wins

Advertisement
Penn State is 0-3 and just got torched by MARYLAND. We will be favored against UNC and we hung with the Turds just fine last year with a far inferior o line and QB last season.

You have no idea what youre talking about.
If you think trask wouldn’t tear us apart, you’re stupid. Their offense this year is light years better than last year with Frank’s at qb

I skimmed the replies to see if this was here. If it hadn't been, it's the topic I would have touched.

It was "easier" for Manny to recruit a Lashlee because the negotiation is straightforward: "hey, wanna basically do whatever the **** you want, take the world's worst offense, transform it, and flip it into a Head Coaching gig in the near term?"

The one for a defensive coach will be far more complicated. First, will a badass DC feel Diaz has enough juice? In short, will he respect him enough? Will the philosophies match? As a former DC, will Diaz be ok allowing a DC the same type of autonomy he's given Lashlee?

Something has to happen with the defense. Specifically, the playcalling. Think this is a good topic for discussion because my guess is Diaz sticks with most of his crew. I mean, it's straight up his defense.
A topic that isn’t discussed enough. Great post.

If you think trask wouldn’t tear us apart, you’re stupid. Their offense this year is light years better than last year with Frank’s at qb

If you think we can't tear apart their defense, you're stupid. Our offense this year is light years better than last year with Williams at QB

Advertisement
Back