Manny Suxx MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
I don’t really buy the Baker stuff. It’s Manny’s defense. They just need to recruit better, especially at LB and CB.

Manny hasn’t done well with his position. I actually like Baker’s LB recruits better.

Getting the W is nice.. yes. But look at who we have played the last three games, three backup/bad QB’s. The only reason we didn’t get torched was because Pitt and Virginia didn’t move the ball better is because they can’t throw. They had dudes running wide open alllll game. Same thing last night... even on DJ Ivey’s interception, the receiver was WIDE OPEN. QB just missed him and Ivey was in a spot to make a play.

yes, the team is 6-1. That is good, they’ve won the games they’re supposed to and lost the one they were supposed to. But, if you want to take the next step, the defense needs a change. Any team with a pulse will run them over

Define any team with a pulse please.

The optimist in me feels like he will. Especially after doubling down this offseason about no changes being needed and effectively having that being proven wrong between porous play almost everywhere on D on any given moment and glaring issues with teaching and schematics. And I genuinely do feel like manny WANTS to be that guy to bring us back

The pessimist in me from seeing 8 years of richt and golden doing the complete ******* opposite of rational and logical decision making with weak spots in staff changes with friends and family makes me worried if we'll have a 3 peat on that.

Advertisement
A team who’s actually good on offense and/or does not have a backup QB playing. Pitt and Virginia are not good offensively at all

Not trying to be an ***, like who?

Outside of the usual three teams right now who do you think we can’t hang with for 60 minutes

Advertisement
Not trying to be an ***, like who?

Outside of the usual three teams right now who do you think we can’t hang with for 60 minutes
You’re good lol. My opinion is that this defense is getting progressively worse, and you cannot rely on your offense to simply our score a team. On our schedule, Clemson and UNC come to mind. But, I want this team to get back to the New Years 6 type bowls and compete for the ACC/playoff, and with this defensive staff they’re showing that it’s just not going to happen

richt signed off on Manny had to get richts blessing.
I don’t really buy the Baker stuff. It’s Manny’s defense. They just need to recruit better, especially at LB and CB.

Manny hasn’t done well with his position. I actually like Baker’s LB recruits better

Advertisement
I hope some of y’all don’t own/run businesses

Even when you’re having general success you need to analyze your weak points and come up with a solution before they end up ******** you in the end.

This defense will skate by against NCST but needs a shake up if you want to be in games against the upper echelon teams. It was 7-0 in 13, 10-0 in 17. People on these boards would post those pointless records at anyone that saw a fatal flaw in the team.

I hope some of y’all don’t own/run businesses

Even when you’re having general success you need to analyze your weak points and come up with a solution before they end up ******** you in the end.

This defense will skate by against NCST but needs a shake up if you want to be in games against the upper echelon teams. It was 7-0 in 13, 10-0 in 17. People on these boards would post those pointless records at anyone that saw a fatal flaw in the team.
You for President

Advertisement
ND showing us that Clemson isn’t even close to the 2001 Canes....yet that’s how they looked against Manny’s wretched defense.

With that said, I think Manny is a legit elite DC (and defensive staff) away from taking us into actually being a legit top ten team.

Being 6-1 doesn’t matter. If you can’t see through this **** show that’s happening on defense then you don’t know what you’re watching.

This team has gotten worse with Blake Baker in charge, and a change needs to be made
I feel like weve gone a month since we faced a team w their actual starting qb.

Manny can clean house in the Defensive staff but does he have the ability to get a better group of coaches?
I skimmed the replies to see if this was here. If it hadn't been, it's the topic I would have touched.

It was "easier" for Manny to recruit a Lashlee because the negotiation is straightforward: "hey, wanna basically do whatever the **** you want, take the world's worst offense, transform it, and flip it into a Head Coaching gig in the near term?"

The one for a defensive coach will be far more complicated. First, will a badass DC feel Diaz has enough juice? In short, will he respect him enough? Will the philosophies match? As a former DC, will Diaz be ok allowing a DC the same type of autonomy he's given Lashlee?

Something has to happen with the defense. Specifically, the playcalling. Think this is a good topic for discussion because my guess is Diaz sticks with most of his crew. I mean, it's straight up his defense.

Advertisement
Back