Manny says that Jarren "Safethrow" Williams is still the guy

Advertisement
Jarren still lost against the Gators and crapped himself against VT. At least NKosi throws deep and runs when the pocket collapses. He is what we need this year. Jarren needs to stop playing scared.
Does it really matter if he throws deep if he doesn’t connect the passes? Perry made plays at the end of the day and I agree He does run more when the pocket collapses. Jarren needs to do that more and he can imo but we will see.

Last edited:
Sickening, but very typical, how all of you have turned on jaron so freaking quickly. He had a rough outing last week, there's No doubting that, but his counterpart didn't exactly set the world on fire tonight and missed pretty much every deep throw you guys have been annihilating Williams for missing too.

And basically threw the same 10-20 yd passes as Enos called for JW. That’s the offense.

People thinking Williams is the future are clueless. Mark my words -he will never be "the guy" here . Perry is a better qb . Jarren with a good offensive line can be serviceable but even Bud Foster could see it -he lacks arm strength. Maybe he was injured and couldn't throw well against VT. But he is slow in decision making and his velocity is very suspect.

Advertisement
Does it really matter if he throws deep if he doesn’t connect the passes? Perry made plays at the end of the day and I agree He does run more when the pocket collapses. Jarren needs to do that more and he can
It does matter. When NKosi is at QB the safeties are forced to play deeper and the corners tend to back off the receivers. I don’t have to go into detail why that is beneficial to the run game and bubble passes. The corners sit on the slants when Jarren is QB and the safeties stack the box. The threat of the deep ball changes the way a team defends Miami.

Advertisement
lol you guys fall for the coach speak every time.

Yeah, I'm not sure if "our guy" can taken to mean much specifically. He's said supportive things about Baxa and Baker too, but they sure weren't at the controls of tonight's game.

I think I would go back to Jarren. It’s a tough call. Remind me a lot of Marve vs Jacory. Gunslinger vs Fundamentals.

Advertisement
Jarren still lost against the Gators and crapped himself against VT. At least NKosi throws deep and runs when the pocket collapses. He is what we need this year. Jarren needs to stop playing scared.
Kosi didn’t complete 1 deep ball tonight he over threw all 3 of them. At least when jarren throws deep he under throws and we sometimes draw a PI

Advertisement
It does matter. When NKosi is at QB the safeties are forced to play deeper and the corners tend to back off the receivers. I don’t have to go into detail why that is beneficial to the run game and bubble passes. The corners sit on the slants when Jarren is QB and the safeties stack the box. The threat of the deep ball changes the way a team defends Miami.

exactly. At least a few of our fans actually know football. I saw multiple plays where guys came free and Kosi escaped the sack and picked up yards. Those are sacks or maybe even strip fumbles with Jarren in there. He scrambled for a huge first down on the first drive and threw the ball away a few times..Jarren will not let the ball go...I think it’s glued to his dam hand sometimes.

Kosi didn’t complete 1 deep ball tonight he over threw all 3 of them. At least when jarren throws deep he under throws and we sometimes draw a PI
Fair point. But her overthrew them with ease. I remember one pass, at the end of the 3rd quarter I think, when he's falling backwards before getting hit.. and effortless flings its deep - Yes it was overthrown but at least the threat is present.

Advertisement
Back