Manny "Savage" Diaz can't recruit and that is a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
I know we want guys that want to be canes, 5* hearts, lunch pails and no divas. I heard it all during the Golden years. Manny has been recruiting at power 5 schools for at least 8 years not counting NC State since it was before recruiting really started ranking. In those 8 years he has been the primary recruiter and landed only 2 4* recruits and 1 5* recruit. I know if we win they will come but even when we won 10 games Manny "El Jeffe" Diaz landed 0 4* recruits. The guy talks a good game but recruits don't seem to buy it or he hates recruiting. Kirby and Riley were known as great defensive/offensives mind but they could also recruit. All the top coaches Saban, Kirby, Lincoln Riley, Dabo, Pete Carroll, Jimbo etc could recruit but this guy can't. Name a head coach that sucked at recruiting but magically became better later. I know bags, cars, and bagmen etc but you don't win championships with 3* recruits with 5* hearts.

Coach at Texas, Miss State and Miami , and only land 3 4* recruits you entire career. I know he is a "savage" because he let go of a staff that had **** offense, real "savage".

https://247sports.com/Coach/Manny-Diaz-295/AllTimeRecruits/

Update: He landed 1 5star and 2 4stars.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He just needs to hire some recruiters, not a huge issue for the head coach

Advertisement
We need to get a schematic advantage first, then all the kids will want to make the crib great. Out perform your current talent level and they will come. This hiring "recruiters" bullsh.it is for the ignorant people that can't see the larger picture. Out scheme the other team and you wont have to worry about it.

The first guy listed is a 5 star and Manny was his primary.

He got rid of the 3 best recruiters and nobody on defense is that good at recruiting. He really needs to bring in some elite recruiters (who can actually coach).

Advertisement
I get where your coming from but Richt was considered an elite recruiter and he was anything but.

I do have concerns about recruiting under Diaz but you can't really compare individual recruiting to recruiting as a HC. If Manny hires good recruiters it won't be that big of an issue.

I get where your coming from but Richt was considered an elite recruiter and he was anything but.

I do have concerns about recruiting under Diaz but you can't really compare individual recruiting to recruiting as a HC. If Manny hires good recruiters it won't be that big of an issue.
Agree with this take

Advertisement
Besides bags and perks and family (The "U"), recruiting to me has 2 major aspects:

1. Telling recruits and moms what they want to hear, promises and sometimes shady BS, woo them like a date...
2. Having a class A competitive operation; with meeting (or exceeding) expected results, performance, fairness, and get-real opportunity...

Either 1 or 2 can have a huge impact. Manny (and other coaches) might be less effective than some on aspect 1, but all should work out if they come through on aspect 2.

From what we know and have seen (especially lately) - Manny would appear to have excellent chances of success at "2", and I feel he deserves the opportunity to show it and our full support now.

Op the quief slayer. You da man! Manny ready to come to blows right now! He’s outside go look

Advertisement
Did you ever consider that he might know that he struggles a bit so he plans to surround himself with recruiters and evaluators or you didn't think of that? Manny wanting Larry Fedora kind of proves that point..

Larry Fedora the guy that failed to recruit a QB after losing Turbisky. Sounds like another coach that retired recently.

HC just needs to be a closer. You guys think Saban is doing all the leg work? No, he just lands his helicopter wherever the **** he wants and closes the deal.

Diaz is well liked by the players and recruits so I think he will be just fine in that closer role.

HC just needs to be a closer. You guys think Saban is doing all the leg work? No, he just lands his helicopter wherever the **** he wants and closes the deal.

Diaz is well liked by the players and recruits so I think he will be just fine in that closer role.

As much as I agree with the OP, bc he has struggled to land the big fish, you’re exaclty right. Two completely separate ordeals. I’ll wait and hope Manny proves me wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back