No no no no

Shannon show me statistically why you want him
Tubberville. F no
Moss been outa the college game
Banda - he was just a Applebee’s bartender 4 years ago

I want Ansley but don’t wanna wait for NFL season

So give me one of the Georgia or Alabama guys

Advertisement
Banda. Hes a smart guy and knows a DIaz defense like the back of his hand. He can be our DC and in two years when Diaz comes back (hopefully) after a succesful two year Temple career he can be his defensive coordinator. If we get banda and move Patke to linebackers and striker we have room for a OC. I hope Richt does this because I think Banda would come in without skipping a beat. Banda has been with Diaz for years and I bet he is up for the task

**** no. Why do y’all act like Banda is some mastermind ready call defense on the biggest stage?

Gray is an interesting name.
Played and coached under Bud Foster at VT when they had good defenses.
Also coached for Edsall at UConn.
Currently coaching with the Redskins.
Another assistant coach with the Skins who may be relevant to this convo is Kirk Olivadotti.
Olivadotti's dad was the DC under Schnellenberger. He played at St.Thomas Aquinas and also
coached for Richt at UGA.

I prefer not to have anyone with the name Olivadotti near a defense that I root for. Too many old wounds.

Leavitt sucks! I watched a lot of Oregon football and he would be the second coming of coach D.
The ONLY similarity is Leavitt employed a 3-4 defense at Colorado (a team who's defense he turned around from one of the worst in the nation to top 20) and Oregon. Leavitt's defenses have a very aggressive, attacking style, unlike D'Onofrio. No comparison at all.

Advertisement
I prefer not to have anyone with the name Olivadotti near a defense that I root for. Too many old wounds.

Ha...I know.....whenever there is a coaching search, I tend to look at who has worked for the HC in the past, his coaching tree,etc......hence why I mentioned him.

The ONLY similarity is Leavitt employed a 3-4 defense at Colorado (a team who's defense he turned around from one of the worst in the nation to top 20) and Oregon. Leavitt's defenses have a very aggressive, attacking style, unlike D'Onofrio. No comparison at all.

I think UM fans have a knee-jerk distaste for coaches who run 3-4 defenses because of D'Onofrio and, going back, Tom Olivadotti.....but many coaches run aggressive, if not exciting, 3-4 defenses these days.

No thx. I watched enough Oregon Football this year. We need a disciple of the 4-3.

I think UM fans have a knee-jerk distaste for coaches who run 3-4 defenses because of D'Onofrio and, going back, Tom Olivadotti.....but many coaches run aggressive, if not exciting, 3-4 defenses these days.
4-3 won us 4 out of our 5 NC's.

Advertisement
Exactly. Not that I'm saying we should hire Leavitt, but the whole idea that he's just like D'Onofrio because he runs a 3-4 (which he may or may not do if he were UM's DC) is ridiculous. A 3-4 defense doesn't mean a read-and-react defense. One of the most aggressive defenses in football history, the Steelers, have run a 3-4 for decades.

4-3 won us 4 out of our 5 NC's.
No one said we shouldn't stay in a 4-3, or that Leavitt should be our choice, but pretending Leavitt is like D'Onofrio is ridiculous. They couldn't be more different. Leavitt's defenses are highly aggressive, attacking defenses, not read-and-react like D'Onofrio's philosophy.

Advertisement
Who would be your choice to replace manny? What are the odds that if we offered Butch $1.5m he would come?(he’s currently making $1m). I’ve heard schiano and tubbervile but who are the younger coaches everyone would want?

You gotta be ****tin me...

he wouldn’t be interested but I’d make the call. If Richt could swing that knowing how the fan base feels about butch it would be a homerun. I don’t think it’s likely at all but I think DC at Miami is a better job than FIU If the pay increased.

Advertisement
I say we go all in on this guy:

041112_wannstedt.jpg

What about Mike Nolan. Currently coaching linebackers at New Orleans and he’s got a ton of d coordinator experience in the nfl. Just not a lot of college experience

Advertisement
Back