Manny on with Orlando this morning

Advertisement
What's this BS about Golden can't be fired? Any MF'er that can be hired can be fired! I live in Tampa and check out the Miami Herald everyday and don't see any columnists calling for Golden's head! Without public and journalistic pressure the MF'er gonna keep driving us off the cliff and that liberal administration gonna keep talking bout Monet's blue period! His firing needs momentum!

Here is a link that shows subsidies paid to each team in 2013, Miami was paid nearly 8 million in subsidies which is determined by the school administration. These subsidies are taken from other departments in order to fund the athletics. http://b2.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=900c1000ea466e223e104a22814a

You may be looking at Memphis' line. Miami is a private school and doesn't disclose such information. Says on the bottom: "Private colleges declined to release their forms."

Football programs for most schools are self-sustaining and subsidizes other non-profit generating sports. If the school provides subsidy to the football program, the funds probably comes from unrestricted donations or designated donations for the sport/sports.

The poster you quoted was indeed incorrect, but Miami did subsidize athletics for the year that ended May 31, 2013. The subsidy was about $1.6 million, and I believe that had to do with the Schwartz Center (or whatever it's called). I am pretty sure the athletics department has made money in most of the last 10 years. In one of those years, I am almost positive that it finished $6 million+ in the black. I could check on all that, but I don't feel like taking the time right now.

There's always a group of fans that say "who's paying his buyout-- you?!" This happened with Coker and Shannon. Right down to the last day they were here some fans claimed we couldn't afford to fire them.

If this season unfolds like we all expect, trust me, they'll find a way.

I don't think we have to pay him his entire buyout all at once. Also most likely when he signs to coach somewhere else it will reduce how much we have to pay him. Regardless Miami can find that 8 or million if they want too.

Advertisement
I wouldn't claim to know what this guy's contract looks like, but it seems strange to me that next year would be so much better than this year. If you don't think he's the answer, another year of 20K people in the stands doesn't seem like it will help you much. It makes more sense if you think he's the right guy, but that's a tough sell in the current state.

I don't think we have to pay him his entire buyout all at once. Also most likely when he signs to coach somewhere else it will reduce how much we have to pay him. Regardless Miami can find that 8 or million if they want too.

Yes, and this is where the next President will play an important role.

Advertisement
Back