Manny on the CB position

Advertisement
They're really going to make the mistake of putting Curtis on defense aren't they?

I've actually been thinking about this since we started recruiting curtis. Kid is eerily reminiscent of PBuch's recruitment. Electric playmaker who was a great track athlete but also excelled at CB/return guy.

I can

20th century offense, Normal 4-3 man press defense with no stupid blitzing from 100 miles away, & take the tutu atwells & trajan bandys of the world. That about wraps up how to be successful at Miami.
agree recruit players that make plays, and forget recruiting to measurables : Based on our measurable guys like Santana, and Ed Reed might have never worn a UM uniform: Didn't Butch say when they actually saw film on ED Reed they were actually looking at another player, and ED just kept up showing up on the film.

I've actually been thinking about this since we started recruiting curtis. Kid is eerily reminiscent of PBuch's recruitment. Electric playmaker who was a great track athlete but also excelled at CB/return guy.
I’ve changed my tune on it at this point. Just give me bodies at CB. At least we have a dynamic athlete to experiment with.

We can’t keep doing this at CB though. Time for a new coach and recruiter to rejuvenate the position (reminiscent of going from Kul to Simpson a few years ago)

Couch is the prototypical South Florida CB (and WR) that we should be bringing in every class. The fact we pushed out Tim Burns, who is smaller but even quicker than Couch, is absurd. Given Diaz's Miami DNA, the fact he doesn't see this is flabbergasting. Make a local talent scout like Duasso the recruiting coordinator and we'd be 10x better off.
guess Burns stayed at 5'9" and didn't grow to 5'10" great reason not to honor offer

Advertisement
wishing Manny the best, but in reality he is 6-1 because Deriq has personally won a couple of games for us : Deriq isn't here and I think we are 4-3
Ok and by that logic Manny was atleast 9-4 10-3 last year if it weren’t for Jarren and Kosi, or the kickers. It has to go both ways.

Advertisement
wishing Manny the best, but in reality he is 6-1 because Deriq has personally won a couple of games for us : Deriq isn't here and I think we are 4-3
Dumb argument. Does LSU win without Joe Burrow last year? Does Clemson win the year before without Trevor? Of course teams are better with talented QBs. Now if you say the defense isn't good enough or the skilled position player, etc. Nobody wins without really good QBs in college

Dumb argument. Does LSU win without Joe Burrow last year? Does Clemson win the year before without Trevor? Of course teams are better with talented QBs. Now if you say the defense isn't good enough or the skilled position player, etc. Nobody wins without really good QBs in college
Great so we agree it's the same Manny, just a better QB makes the difference : because I don't see those teams with just great QB's I see a lot of day 1 and day 2 talent across the board especially on defense : where Manny has had control of now for quite a while, where we seen lack of numbers and development : Oklahoma have had prolific offenses for a number of years, and lousy defenses, so yeah they win their ten games and quickly disappeared in the playoffs

Advertisement
Back