Manny + New DC and AD, could it ever work?

It's not an unknown any more though. Gonna take another complete 180 for him to be gone at this point. I'd love to be wrong. But that's not how the room reads at this point. The people who want him gone are outweighed again by the people willing to see if he's got his issues figured out. At the end of the day you gotta remember we're leaving football decisions to people who make fiscal decisions. Without getting into it I will say those people did make a football decision two weeks ago that can potentially still lead to the idjits departure. Just gonna take a doom and gloom situation to see it through.
So if the new AD doesn’t want him the BOT going to force him keep Manny?

Advertisement
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

Season 5 No GIF by The Office
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK
No Way Minions GIF
Im Not No Way GIF
No No No GIF
No Way What GIF
I Dont Think So No Way GIF
play no GIF
Death Reaction GIF
absolutely fucking not no way GIF

There has been a radical improvement to the offensive product.

I think I disconnect you see is yes we started out slowly but we’re on a three game winning streak and it’s FSU week. Some don’t want to be mired in all the behind the scenes drama and just enjoy winning.

Whatever is going to happen will happen. How does being miserable all the time make it better?
Because people are taking this little run in wins, the offensive explosion (which has nothing to do with Manny & Everything to do with TVD & Lashlee) as an excuse to not make a change with the HC.

This run is a Manny mirage.

Theres people here that don’t want their eyes open to what’s going on. When your head coaches defense sucks abd he’s running it what more needs said? Blake and Banda were just human shields. The guy has fired everyone but him and Patke with no changes to the product.

The only time this team has looked decent is when fans, media, alumni, and even our AD, called out Manny.

Manny isn't a HC. He's a nice guy, with nice ideas, who happened to be at the right place, at the right time, and walked into a dream scenario that unfortunately he wasn't ready for. The lessons Manny is learning at UM, should of been learned at a G5 school, like most P5 HCs. But truthfully, when you have someone who isn't qualified for their position (Blake), you can expect them to 'overlook' qualifications when hiring as well (Manny).

There should be no debate on how to move forward after the season. Manny is having a hard enough time recruiting already. And, for a guy who's been in this program for the last 6 years, we have all the evidence we need on his ability to identify and develop talent.

Some of you guys are forgetting that Manny set this season up to be all on him. He, and Blake, shut down Zo coming on board last year and hired ER20 to appease the fan base. He took on the DC responsibilities, knowing that he hadn't exactly proved to anyone that he was even a capable HC. He played senior players and made excuses for certain freshmen not seeing the field, only to completely reverse course when the season looked like it was imploding, and now he's selling us on our 'bright future'.

To anyone who still defends Manny, I'll ask you to explain his love affair with (and I usually don't go after players but since he entered the portal, he's fair game) Gurvan Hall. We've watched Gurvan struggle and Manny completely defend him. At times, it was comical listening to Manny use a metric to defend someone whose play was just poor. Kam should of seen the field alot earlier! And on top of that, Gurvan jumps into the portal week after being benched. You can say the same thing for Pope and Wiggins. To me, these actions are apart of a **** poor culture that lacks accountability. And who had been apart of that culture the last 6 season??? COACH MANNY DIAZ!

It's time to move on! We've seen more than enough. One thing is for sure, if I was recruiting against UM, I honestly ask any parents I spoke to who they believe the HC will be when their son graduates??

Have you not seen the blank stare in this guy's eyes the final 2:00 of a close football game?

This man is not wired to be a head coach at the sport's highest level.

Should've taken the Temple job, where he'd have had no stress when beating on Wagner and Akron, but would be afforded every excuse in the book for being undermanned against Cincy, UCF, etc.

Advertisement
At times, it was comical listening to Manny use a metric to defend someone whose play was just poor. Kam should of seen the field alot earlier! And on top of that, Gurvan jumps into the portal week after being benched. You can say the same thing for Pope and Wiggins. To me, these actions are apart of a **** poor culture that lacks accountability. And who had been apart of that culture the last 6 season??? COACH MANNY DIAZ!

I've been screaming this for years about the broken culture.

The culture ain't chains and rings—it's a lack of accountability and soft kids who can't handle criticism or adversity.

Everyone hyping these kids for "showing up" and "not quitting" after 2-4 — when in reality, they eked out wins over inferior teams talent-wise and still made a slew of mistakes that their all-world quarterback bailed them out of.

I've been screaming this for years about the broken culture.

The culture ain't chains and rings—it's a lack of accountability and soft kids who can't handle criticism or adversity.

Everyone hyping these kids for "showing up" and "not quitting" after 2-4 — when in reality, they eked out wins over inferior teams talent-wise and still made a slew of mistakes that their all-world quarterback bailed them out of.
I made the post pre FSU game. Ill answer my own question, no it will not work.

Advertisement
Back