Manny needs more experince around him--Miami Herald today

As long as Manny asks for advice and does the opposite of what Rich Rod would do
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Al Golden could have won big here if only he wasn't married to that garbage defense and D'Onofrio.

Other than his DC and his weird obsession with weight, Golden actually did a lot of things right.

We really hire the worst coaches at Miami.
I can't believe less than 5 years after losing to Clemson 58-0 we are saying Al Golden was not that bad, but here we are.

They have no choice. It is really that simple.
Well, now they don't. If the two of them pulled their heads out of their asses to realize Zo would have bought them time and a layer of insulation, they would not have had to be all in on this season. However, that's what ego and an over-inflated sense of self worth will do.

Advertisement
I understand why Diaz wouldn’t want that bc you hire a HC that doesn’t need that but this is where we are. James should be smart enough to know after all the problems year 1 he needs help. He is disregarding it and hoping that 1 year was a learning curve and he’s figured it out. Time will tell. Stay positive on the team. We have a good nucleus. Let’s hope Lashlee can light a spark.

Advertisement
Bears hired Brad Childress to help Nagy out his first couple years as a first time HC.

Advertisement
He had an experienced, former head coach as offensive coordinator who buried him deeper in a hole than if he had just hired Miami Northwestern's entire staff.

Precisely. I liked the Enos hire because I thought it would be wise for Manny to hire folks with HC experience who could help him but we all saw how that turned out. Just hire good, competent coaches. The results will follow.

"One bit of advice offered by a person inside the UM program: Manny Diaz needs to hire more voices around him who are older than him, preferably with more head coaching experience. That hasn’t happened this offseason, though we very much like the hiring of younger assistants Rhett Lashlee as offensive coordinator and Garin Justise as offensive line coach."

"The only former head coach on Diaz’s 2019 staff was offensive coordinator Dan Enos, and he’s gone after a year. The only member of the 2020 staff with head coaching experience is Justice, who coached at Division II Campbell."

"Keep in mind that when Erik Spoelstra was named Heat coach 12 years ago, Pat Riley made sure he had a sage, experienced lead assistant in Ron Rothstein. Something like that should have happened here."

"I’m guessing Diaz will turn this around because of his intelligence (I always gamble on smart people) and because Lashlee’s offensive system should work here. But an experienced, been-around-the-block voice in Diaz’s ear would help, as the person inside the program said."

" One member of UM’s Board of Trustees said: “I’m concerned about the alumni, boosters and fans and how dissatisfied they are. When they’re dissatisfied, they don’t spend money.”

"That trustee said that’s one reason he hopes changes extend beyond a new offensive coordinator and scheme. But that’s not going to happen, with UM’s decision not to hire Alonzo Highsmith."

"At this point, UM believes Lashlee’s offense, a new quarterback, a new kicker and a crackdown on player behaviorial issues will fix what ails the program."

I’m a Michigan Hoops fan and Juwan Howard hired Phil Martelli.

I’ve heard rumors manny likes being the smartest guy in the room and you can kind of see that if the original staff he hired.

I hope it’s not true and I hope he eats better support staff in place

Advertisement
He expertise and wisdom is not coaching related. He wasn’t considered for a coaching job but you probably knew that.

I really didn't know if he had been or not and I know he wasn't going for a coaching job. I just thought the article referenced needing a coach with experience.

"One bit of advice offered by a person inside the UM program: Manny Diaz needs to hire more voices around him who are older than him, preferably with more head coaching experience. That hasn’t happened this offseason, though we very much like the hiring of younger assistants Rhett Lashlee as offensive coordinator and Garin Justise as offensive line coach."

"The only former head coach on Diaz’s 2019 staff was offensive coordinator Dan Enos, and he’s gone after a year. The only member of the 2020 staff with head coaching experience is Justice, who coached at Division II Campbell."

"Keep in mind that when Erik Spoelstra was named Heat coach 12 years ago, Pat Riley made sure he had a sage, experienced lead assistant in Ron Rothstein. Something like that should have happened here."

"I’m guessing Diaz will turn this around because of his intelligence (I always gamble on smart people) and because Lashlee’s offensive system should work here. But an experienced, been-around-the-block voice in Diaz’s ear would help, as the person inside the program said."

" One member of UM’s Board of Trustees said: “I’m concerned about the alumni, boosters and fans and how dissatisfied they are. When they’re dissatisfied, they don’t spend money.”

"That trustee said that’s one reason he hopes changes extend beyond a new offensive coordinator and scheme. But that’s not going to happen, with UM’s decision not to hire Alonzo Highsmith."

"At this point, UM believes Lashlee’s offense, a new quarterback, a new kicker and a crackdown on player behaviorial issues will fix what ails the program."

No ****. o_O

Advertisement
Back