Manny needs more experince around him--Miami Herald today

" One member of UM’s Board of Trustees said: “I’m concerned about the alumni, boosters and fans and how dissatisfied they are. When they’re dissatisfied, they don’t spend money.”

Remember this when you all respond to "stop renewing your tickets" with "lol you think they care what you do?"

Hit them on their bottom line and see how much quicker things can change.

Advertisement
Whoever has been leaking to Barry Jackson is the best thing to happen to this program in years.

Barry has been bringing the heat and it’s clearly being felt by the admin judging by all the statements of support they’ve had to issue.

There’s obviously a back room struggle going on. Generally those aren’t positive for incumbents.
Yeah the BOT's who have money and $$$.

Yep he had Duane Akina on staff at Texas. Not necessarily a guy that's gonna challenge the DC but he's an elite position coach.

I understand having a guy on each side of the ball on staff that might not have a ton of experience but knows the system and is probably regarded as a good recruiter (which none of his hires have been)
****, even Golden and O'No had that for a year or two with Barrow before he came to his senses and left. I have been trying to tame my recency bias, but to me, Manny is without question the worst head coach that we have had in the last 18 years.

stroud should have been that guy on defense. for whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be.

the offense has some bright guys on that side of the ball, but they could use someone who has been around the block a bit more.

Yep he had Duane Akina on staff at Texas. Not necessarily a guy that's gonna challenge the DC but he's an elite position coach.

I understand having a guy on each side of the ball on staff that might not have a ton of experience but knows the system and is probably regarded as a good recruiter (which none of his hires have been)

Yeah, I might be getting the details mixed up because I don't follow the Longhorns, but living in Texas I remember hearing about how Manny was basically told he had to hire a certain coach for the secondary (maybe Akina?) and how that coach and Manny clashed both in style and philosophy. And Manny blamed that for why his defense failed the year he was fired at UT.

He's hired Banda and Patke types ever since - people with zero standing to question any decision Manny makes.

Advertisement
stroud should have been that guy on defense. for whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be.

the offense has some bright guys on that side of the ball, but they could use someone who has been around the block a bit more.
He was hired to be chief of staff, which is pretty much Manny's second secretary as he would have it exist. He was never supposed to be in this role.

****, even Golden and O'No had that for a year or two with Barrow before he came to his senses and left. I have been trying to tame my recency bias, but to me, Manny is without question the worst head coach that we have had in the last 18 years.

Al Golden could have won big here if only he wasn't married to that garbage defense and D'Onofrio.

Other than his DC and his weird obsession with weight, Golden actually did a lot of things right.

We really hire the worst coaches at Miami.

Yeah, I might be getting the details mixed up because I don't follow the Longhorns, but living in Texas I remember hearing about how Manny was basically told he had to hire a certain coach for the secondary (maybe Akina?) and how that coach and Manny clashed both in style and philosophy. And Manny blamed that for why his defense failed the year he was fired at UT.

He's hired Banda and Patke types ever since - people with zero standing to question any decision Manny makes.

Well his defenses besides Texas have all been good, bit overratted, but good enough

Advertisement
Point of story: Don't hire a coach that needs an on-job mentor or a babysitter.

Perfectly said...It's just like that whole "crack-down on player behavior"...This isn't some nove, far out ideal?? Why wasn't player behavior "Cracked down on" to begin with? This should be an obvious thing.

Diaz is "one of the guys", listen to him talk to players...Look how excited he gets when something good happens...He's literally like a teammate. Where's the even keel...where's the disciplinarian? Guy's clueless. Hope he gets it together, can't see it though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mack Brown did this to him at Texas. Mack forced Manny to hire an experienced cornerbacks coach. That defense failed horribly, and Manny got fired mid season.

I think that's why Manny won't hire experienced coaches anymore. I've been saying since the day we hired him - he only wants "yes-men" on staff, and that is a terrible trait.

Compare that with Nick Saban, who has had countless ex head coaches on his staff.

The dude promoted from f***in Incarnate Word...You know how many levels there are between Incarnate Word and the top 40 of power 5?

It's mind-boggling...The man thinks someone like Banda is irreplaceable to the success of his staff...Even though Banda himself has never had success. You know how many guys could do a better job at every facet than this goof Banda?

Do or die season for Diaz/Blake. They don't win 8 games they'll both be looking for work next season.

True, but what angers me is that we could go 3-0 vs. Temple, Wagner, and UAB and then, somehow, 5-4 the rest of the way (which would be 4-4 or 5-3 ACC), and it would still be considered an "improvement".

AAAAAHHHH...

He wants no part of anyone challenging him. The defensive staff is a microcosm of the entire staff. Young guys that know nothing but what they learned from Manny as a GA or whatever they were prior to their position that Manny gave them.

There's only one correct answer in the room and they all think the same way. Hopefully the offense is transitioning from that line of thinking bringing in multiple guys with OC experience and Justice coming from the Rich Rod tree and system vs Lashlee and the Malzahn tree. That's how its supposed to be. Similar concepts but merging different ways of thinking.

Bring in Rich Rod to the Chief of Staff position.

Advertisement
Well his defenses besides Texas have all been good, bit overratted, but good enough

I don't know if our defense is championship level, but it's far from being our biggest problem.

We had one defense under Manny, maybe two or three years ago I can't recall, that DID look championship caliber. The one with Jaquan Johnson, Bandy, and such.

The biggest problem on this team is that they're SOFT. Maybe that's just a Florida thing and it can't be cured, but the whole team is charmin soft. Been that way since Coker, but it's only getting worse.

When is the last time we converted on 4th and inches, or 4th and goal? When is the last time our defense held someone on 4th and inches or made a goal line stand? When is the last time we won a game in bad weather? How many times are our quarterbacks going to eat snickers bars and laugh after a loss?

All these kids want to do is smoke weed and play video games. Which is why I'm not buying tickets or spending money to support them.

That softness is the biggest problem on the team.

Advertisement
Back