Manny needs more experince around him--Miami Herald today

Advertisement
There is no reason to believe manny and his rag tag band of mediocre outside LB corches can make a competitive team at UM. Our weak schedule may make them look smart (not even predicting that), but they’ll face plant eventually, because that’s who they are. Flake Blames supposedly thinks a new OC, some ‘discipline,’ and pixie dust will somehow turn this team into a competitor. It’s ridiculous. A fire extinguisher will not turn a burning dumpster into a Rolls Royce. This whole program is an exercise in collective denial.

He wants no part of anyone challenging him. The defensive staff is a microcosm of the entire staff. Young guys that know nothing but what they learned from Manny as a GA or whatever they were prior to their position that Manny gave them.

There's only one correct answer in the room and they all think the same way. Hopefully the offense is transitioning from that line of thinking bringing in multiple guys with OC experience and Justice coming from the Rich Rod tree and system vs Lashlee and the Malzahn tree. That's how its supposed to be. Similar concepts but merging different ways of thinking.
Sound like the oval office

What’s your gut how this plays out with Blake and Manny, and hopefully a new president? Has this whole Zo debacle changed it at all?
Things are soooooooo ****ed up right now it's like being an old cuban lady with her telenovelas. They are all literally on a different page from each other day in and day out. It would be funny as fvck if it wasnt being done with our program. Far as lonzo goes it's not done persay but they seem to be simply leaving it up to the twins and issuing a ultimatum of if you dont do it and u fail it's a rap. If a season like last happens I dont either of them make it through the season.

Advertisement
True, but what angers me is that we could go 3-0 vs. Temple, Wagner, and UAB and then, somehow, 5-4 the rest of the way (which would be 4-4 or 5-3 ACC), and it would still be considered an "improvement".

AAAAAHHHH...

manny would have the numbers and stats ready. He’s always ready with an excuse.

Mack Brown did this to him at Texas. Mack forced Manny to hire an experienced cornerbacks coach. That defense failed horribly, and Manny got fired mid season.

I think that's why Manny won't hire experienced coaches anymore. I've been saying since the day we hired him - he only wants "yes-men" on staff, and that is a terrible trait.

Compare that with Nick Saban, who has had countless ex head coaches on his staff.

THE EXPERIENCE GUYS HAVE TO RESPECT YOU....

Things are soooooooo ****ed up right now it's like being an old cuban lady with her telenovelas. They are all literally on a different page from each other day in and day out. It would be funny as fvck if it wasnt being done with our program. Far as lonzo goes it's not done persay but they seem to be simply leaving it up to the twins and issuing a ultimatum of if you dont do it and u fail it's a rap. If a season like last happens I dont either of them make it through the season.
Appreciate it as always. What a complete disaster. I hope it is not beyond repair when that time comes. Enjoy that fight tonight.

Advertisement
"At this point, UM believes Lashlee’s offense, a new quarterback, a new kicker and a crackdown on player behaviorial issues will fix what ails the program."

That is insanity if they think thats all.
Illustrates they are perfectly content striving for mediocrity.

Remember this when you all respond to "stop renewing your tickets" with "lol you think they care what you do?"

Hit them on their bottom line and see how much quicker things can change.
The parakeets on here think repeating “the fans don’t matter” and all the different incarnations of that think it makes them look smart and evolved and above the fray.

It’s actually all about the fans. Shalala even cited eroding fan support when she fired Shanntard. Gene Chizik was talking about this same issue the other day, and he said “the fans are the ones who get the coaches fired,”

My club seats + green lot pass that I've had for a few years are $775. 25% alumni discount. Say the average cost of a club seat and pass is $1000 (it's not, but this is just an example). If 1000 people decided to pull their ticket and no one replaced them (entirely possible scenario), thats $1m in just ticket and parking passes. Fans matter.

Advertisement
""At this point, UM believes Lashlee’s offense, a new quarterback, a new kicker and a crackdown on player behavioral issues will fix what ails the program."

What a joke believing that an new offensive coordinator can rectify the weakness and lack of discipline that Diaz has on this team now.
This is the most disturbing thing, to me... I suppose you can’t talk about what ails this program without talking about Manny’s shortcomings, so anyone with honesty won’t work for Manny’s ego.

Publiccand embara
Remember this when you all respond to "stop renewing your tickets" with "lol you think they care what you do?"

Hit them on their bottom line and see how much quicker things can change.

Very public and very embarrassing campaigning. Fan and, more importantly, student driven outcry for change would be effective. A coordinated effort between the two would be unprecedented at the []__[] but a fan-driven billboard is a good start. Would be nice to involve student government leadership to advocate for a better athletic product.

" One member of UM’s Board of Trustees said: “I’m concerned about the alumni, boosters and fans and how dissatisfied they are. When they’re dissatisfied, they don’t spend money.”

Man lands on the Moon.

Advertisement
""At this point, UM believes Lashlee’s offense, a new quarterback, a new kicker and a crackdown on player behavioral issues will fix what ails the program."

What a joke believing that an new offensive coordinator can rectify the weakness and lack of discipline that Diaz has on this team now.
Like both this ***** and FSU didn’t have the exact same thought last offseason.

Manny is looking pretty bad right now. He’s coming across as an insecure ***** who’s afraid of having anyone on his staff that may see through his bull****. The most successful head coaches surround themselves with talent and experience but our emasculated head coach would rather build an inner circle of coaches that are loyal to him. He’s really a pos!

I've tried to explain that to alot of people. If he wouldnt have been so loyal to his buddy he couldve done really good here. Only other issue was the weighing kids down nonsense. I'd take another run with him having a staff we choose over another couple years with mandy and co.
He had an eye for talent. He found kids under the radar and got them into the league. He was very organized too. He just couldn’t let the 3-4 go

Advertisement
Back