Manny Navarro's interview with TVD

We need TVD to be good this year. More than anybody else.

But he's not a good team leader and unfortunately there are some players on the team who lost respect for him after his flirting with Bama.

I'm glad he's back and hope for big things from him, but he hurt the team overall. I know the info wasn't supposed to get out but if he wanted to leverage Bama for more money he should have just negotiated more money without a threat to leave or he shouldn't have let it go public. That risk is always there and as the leader of the team, you can't afford to take that risk of losing trust. Look at what Drake Maye did at UNC. I'm sure he got more money somehow.. TVD should have found another way to get more money than to allow his leverage of a possible transfer to go public.

Advertisement
It's a bunch of people commenting and also exposing their lack of football knowledge and proper assessment skills.

There is absolutely no way you think TVD was supposed to be anything but what he and every QB under Gattis is, and that's TRASH?

Let's keep it real. The people most angry at TvD are the gamblers and **** talkers.

Because you went around all off season talking **** to other fans and the players/team don't live up to expectations you now hate and over criticize everything from the school president to the custodian.

Seen a lot of good posters do this and turned into battered B**ches. They allow emotion and Fandom to over rule logic.

This is why I don't gamble and I don't talk **** to other fans.

So I don't grow an unfair and ignorant disdain for my fave team.

Dudes who have no idea how to breakdown an offensive scheme nor lead their way out of a paper bag are now hyper critical of TvD.

You can't make this shid up

It's a bunch of people commenting and also exposing their lack of football knowledge and proper assessment skills.

There is absolutely no way you think TVD was supposed to be anything but what he and every QB under Gattis is, and that's TRASH?

Let's keep it real. The people most angry at TvD are the gamblers and **** talkers.

Because you went around all off season talking **** to other fans and the players/team don't live up to expectations you now hate and over criticize everything from the school president to the custodian.

Seen a lot of good posters do this and turned into battered B**ches. They allow emotion and Fandom to over rule logic.

Dudes who have no idea how to breakdown an offensive scheme nor lead their way out of a paper bag are now hyper critical of TvD.

Put down the hookah pipe friend.

His accuracy, on a fairly consistent basis for all throw ranges, was subpar at best.

Advertisement
This is what I was saying about his leadership abilities. You didn’t see it on the field and the article just hinted at it. He blamed the the negative attitude of other players once they got down by even 7 as defeated. As the leader of the team you’re supposed to have a foot up a teammates a$$ for that. Then pushing the playing with injuries on the coaches. Plus like another poster side. Gattis didn’t lose accuracy, forget touch and how to lead receivers, but most importantly stare down his receiver or route on too many occasions to count. I’m praying he had a breakthrough with this QB coaching clinic he worked with and gels with the new OC but with the ability to call audible plays he sees comes even less excuses.

There was this deep crosser to Redding at the A@M game that would've gone for 50 yards that was missed. To me, that was foreshadowing for the rest of the year for TVD and our offense...

one thing I noticed in the spring game is that TVD at times, held the ball a bit too long. I know it's just spring, but that's what I observed. I hope (we all do) that Shannon Dawson can work his magic with 9

Last edited:
Advertisement

You can watch last year and understand that he was put in a terrible situation by Gattis but also acknowledge that he wasn't accurate consistently last year, struggles going through his reads, and at times holds onto the ball WAY to long. It's not one or the other, both are true here.

He's not a Caleb Williams where he'll succeed in any scheme, he needs to be in a scheme that tailors to his strengths. I think Dawson's O will allow him to have significantly more success than last year.

can we do this via group zoom?
Just know I won't be wearing any pants on the call.

V80llXf734WzK.gif
V80llXf734WzK.gif

There was this deep crosser to Redding at the A@M game that would've gone for 50 yard game that would've gone for like 50 yards that was missed. To me, that was foreshadowing for the rest of the year for TVD and our offense...

one thing I noticed in the spring game is that TVD at times, held the ball a bit too long. I know it's just spring, but that's what I observed. I hope (we all do) that Shannon Dawson can work his magic with 9
Well to be fair they tweaked or changed offense during bye week, and TVD was starting to play well until his injury.

You could tell in Southern Miss game when he was trying to force a ball to Restrepo and he pumped and hesitated then threw a terrible pick he was struggling with Gattis offense.

I wish we had a guy like King, Kaaya, or Stephen Morris. I just don't see TVD as a leader. Hope he turns it around and gives us a good season.

Advertisement
What kind of response is this?

We can go film breakdown for film breakdown.

I'm not into dumb a*s jokes n shiii man.
Been trying to get them to provide examples but these guys just spew nonsense. TVD is a one-read QB and can't get ball out quick narrative debunk here. See 4:57 mark. Watch him come off the out route to the seem with quickness.

Well to be fair they tweaked or changed offense during bye week, and TVD was starting to play well until his injury.

You could tell in Southern Miss game when he was trying to force a ball to Restrepo and he pumped and hesitated then threw a terrible pick he was struggling with Gattis offense.
TVD got hurt cause Gattis started to revert back to many tight sets after opening things up vs UNC and first half of VT.

Advertisement
But no investigation will happen. SEC darling, and no need to “self report”. But a steak dinner provided by Mr. Ruiz or Harbaugh buying hamburgers shiver me Timbers
Is there a clear set of rules regarding transfer poaching and is there any governing body right now who could create and enforce these rules? I think everybody knows teams are trying to poach guys from other schools as we’ve heard complaints from just about every Head Coach in CFB. This is a consequence of the free and open transfer portal and NIL. With the NCAA getting weaker by the day, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

I like the media coverage but let's be honest, we hear about the same issues year after year and that's after they said that **** was solved in the offseason. It gets old real fast

Even if TVD was playing in the Coker T offense he should have hella points against MTSU. Him and Mario ain’t never living that crap down

Advertisement
Back