Manny might get one more year

WestEndZone

Retired staff
Premium
This narrative is being shoved down our throat. Almost every blog/podcast/article is saying something like this.

Who is leaking this?

Is it just a natural talking point in a situation like ours?

Why could it hurt or benefit our AD/HC replacement process?

Am I missing something? I don’t reasonably see Manny surviving this in any anticipated scenario.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This narrative is being shoved down our throat. Almost every blog/podcast/article is saying something like this.

Who is leaking this?

Is it just a natural talking point in a situation like ours?

Why could it hurt or benefit our AD/HC replacement process?

Am I missing something? I don’t reasonably see Manny surviving this in any anticipated scenario.
It's likely lag. This board cares more than the media, which summarizes things as they happen in reality. Would be shocked if he returns under Jurich or whomever.

I'm no insider, but I've seen this movie before. There is zero chance that Manny is our coach by (at the absolute latest) mid-January and that's just to totally cover my bases. I think there's a strong chance he will be gone the day after the Duke game regardless of the outcome.

No way the school steps out like this and fires Blake, despite his supposed fundraising, for the football program underperforming and not fire the aforementioned failing football team's coach. I still think Manny should be gone now, but I will be aliens just landed on the White House lawn shocked if Manny is not fired within a week after the Duke game. If they drag it through the bowl game, they really haven't learned anything.

But there is zero chance of him being retained for one more year or why bother firing Blake?

Panicky sons of bltches
You have to understand something.

People on this board don’t believe that the Board of Trustees will actually do the right thing this time. Now there may have been a Palace Coup and the “Pro-Mario” Columbus High School Mafia may have actually seized the Winter Palace away from Papi and his allies, but they’ve been disappointed so many times that they’ll believe it when they see it, and not before.

Advertisement
probably the few BOT members still supporting him. Frenk and the Alphas ain’t having it though.

You have to understand something.

People on this board don’t believe that the Board of Trustees will actually do the right thing this time. Now there may have been a Palace Coup and the “Pro-Mario” Columbus High School Mafia may have actually seized the Winter Palace away from Papi and his allies, but they’ve been disappointed so many times that they’ll believe it when they see it, and not before.

Thanks for helping me to understand 🤪

Advertisement
I think it’s just messaging to potential AD candidates that they will have full authority to run the department how they see fit. They know no AD is going to keep him. Plus it takes the decision out of the hands of those BOT members that still have loyalty to Sr and provides them cover.

Advertisement
I think it’s just messaging to potential AD candidates that they will have full authority to run the department how they see fit. They know no AD is going to keep him. Plus it takes the decision out of the hands of those BOT members that still have loyalty to Sr and provides them cover.
Bring in the new AD, and first order of business is firing Nanny.,.. makes perfect sense to me

I'm no insider, but I've seen this movie before. There is zero chance that Manny is our coach by (at the absolute latest) mid-January and that's just to totally cover my bases. I think there's a strong chance he will be gone the day after the Duke game regardless of the outcome.

No way the school steps out like this and fires Blake, despite his supposed fundraising, for the football program underperforming and not fire the aforementioned failing football team's coach. I still think Manny should be gone now, but I will be aliens just landed on the White House lawn shocked if Manny is not fired within a week after the Duke game. If they drag it through the bowl game, they really haven't learned anything.

But there is zero chance of him being retained for one more year or why bother firing Blake?
USC fired Lynn Swann, and the new AD held on to Helton for another year. Only to fire him two weeks into this season. Reason was, at least rumored out here in LA, negotiations with Bob Stoops fell through due to his financial demands, coupled with Helton/Staff buyout of $20M+. Plus, USC was dealing with a scandal that costs $MILLION$ in settlements.

So, it’s possible Manny could be given a year by the new AD.

I can only still only see it happening if the new AD is unable to land Mario or another Plan A/B candidate. Which I doubt.

Advertisement
Back