Manny might get one more year

Advertisement
Right because this can’t drag into the playoffs and totally ***** us if he decides not to come, at the end. Mario is also testing waters at other coaching gigs. Another brilliant take from you.

Yeah, your last two screaming hot, hair on fire hot takes have been gold.

“ Mannys daddy, the ex mayor has the power to strong-arm an entire BOT to keep his son.”

And this whopping proclamation: “Mario needs to decide now if he’s coming, right in the middle of a potential national championship run.“

Put your big boy pants on and stop acting like a scared school girl.

I think it’s just messaging to potential AD candidates that they will have full authority to run the department how they see fit. They know no AD is going to keep him. Plus it takes the decision out of the hands of those BOT members that still have loyalty to Sr and provides them cover.

The only thing is what strong AD would be willing to come in if Zo is defacto "head of football"? I think given the last few weeks of Zo hitting every cane podcast and recently being on the sidelines talking to players, etc. is that he will be part of the deal. I don't think he wants the full AD job though.

The only thing is what strong AD would be willing to come in if Zo is defacto "head of football"? I think given the last few weeks of Zo hitting every cane podcast and recently being on the sidelines talking to players, etc. is that he will be part of the deal. I don't think he wants the full AD job though.
Yup

Advertisement
Yeah it certainly appears like he will be involved somehow. I think it may work if we hire someone like Jurich who’s older and may have a strong enough ego to make it work. Don’t see it working with one of the younger guys mentioned but I could be wrong. You’re right I’m almost certain he has made it clear he doesn’t want to full AD job.

Last edited:
Seems like the Admin and some part of the BOT are definitely trying to foster the "Manny's job not decided yet" line. Last night in one of those twitter space chats Manny Navarro was maintaining that no decision has been made on Manny yet and there is a faction within the BOT that supports him - possible would be a restructuring of his contract and he would be given another year. Also said that while the BOT recognizes the fan base is not going to settle anymore, they won't make a change for the sake of change if they can't land a big fish to make it happen.

"Our current guy sucks but we'll keep him because we can't be sure the next guy won't suck too". - Some members of the BOT, probably.

Guys if manny is due more money on his buyout if he’s fired today rather than if he’s fired in early December, the university has an interest in not having anything out there to indicate a decision to fire him was made today.

Advertisement
Guys if manny is due more money on his buyout if he’s fired today rather than if he’s fired in early December, the university has an interest in not having anything out there to indicate a decision to fire him was made today.
Also those two weeks won’t make a diff for us unless the team quit. The guy the school wants wont be making a decision anytime soon and we all know the Job is open

its incredible that of all the people on here, you make the most sense.

Everything is pointing to Manny being done. Insiders here have alluded to as much, Manny in interviews just looks like a man defeated and waiting for his eviction notice, we will have a new AD coming in and historically they like to have their own guys brought in, etc...

With that said, I would not be shocked if we did something stupid like this and kept him another year.

Advertisement
I keep saying it. All the people doing conjecture, i wouldn't mind them. Logistics work here. Diaz has 2 years left on his contract. No team will ever let the coach go into the last year of his contract. They would either have to extend his contract this offseason, or at most 4 games into the next season or recruiting would tank. Look how its already going.

Imo, no new AD or football operations person is gonna tie any part of their tenure to Manny Diaz. Just using my brain and no inside information, Diaz is gone. If the people who are making noise say they wanna spend and show a new way forward, firing Blake James and keeping Diaz is the opposite of that. Blake James has been judged for going rogué and hiring Diaz without a search process, it cost him his job. If thats what did it then common sense says Diaz is gone.

Our new coach imo, comes from Cristobal, Kiffin, Stoops or Schiano imo. I know people mention other people who are qualified but that's my thinking. I would give Hugh Freeze a good look, not only is he making less than 3 the others, he went toe to toe with Saban he is certfified. Not sure what Schiano makes.

Some of yall are refreshing pages every 5 mins, reading people opinions and freaking out. By next weekend, maybe even before that, we will know much more concrete information. Football season is very short, im going to the game Saturday with my girlfriend and just chilling. Enjoy it.

The only way Manny sticks around is if a real AD isn’t hired and UM decides to just promote from within (i.e. Strawley). At that point, fold the program for real.

No real AD is gonna put his own career in jeopardy by keeping a failed head coach in place.

Advertisement
This happens every time. Countless breathless "Coker/Shannon/Golden aren't going anywhere!" threads for days. It is what it is.

It would take a miracle for Manny to be retained.

Maybe blowing everybody out and blasting through the bowl game, the kids going in to the new AD pleading his case could move the needle.

I'd put his at about chances at about 5%

Buyout drops $2 million sometime in early or mid December. I believe it’s right around early signing day.

This narrative is being shoved down our throat. Almost every blog/podcast/article is saying something like this.

Who is leaking this?

Is it just a natural talking point in a situation like ours?

Why could it hurt or benefit our AD/HC replacement process?

Am I missing something? I don’t reasonably see Manny surviving this in any anticipated scenario.
Bump.

I think we can now say definitely who is leaking this ****. It’s Epstein and the socially conscious cabal though media hacks like Manny Navarro and that Kaufman **** from last night.

Classic media subversion.

Advertisement
Back