Manny jumps 26 spots in top coaches list

Status
Not open for further replies.
The doofus is incapable of that kind of depth of thought. All he’s looking for is the next limb to hump on in literally every single thread.
Y’all need this guy @Gooner#44 @Go Canes!!

1621540593463.gif

Advertisement
4 top 10 finishes in 5 years..2 of which were top 5..y’all sound silly asf..

5 years in a row with top 3 recruiting classes or something outlandish and his best result was with Richts players

He’s such a doofus Oregero won a NC before him

Hard to compare coaches because location and tradition matters. Some people get woodies over Riley who gets the pick of the litter for recruits yet he still has won little (thus far) at OU except what he has been expected to win. To his credit though he has put his team in the playoffs. If there wasn't also a defensive side of the ball look out.

Jimmy Johnson did above average after leaving OK State which can't compare with Oklahoma...He had better talent to work with and if my memory serves me correctly he did ok at the U. I am sure most of us were wondering WTF at the hire but there are probably a couple of "experts" on here that knew he was the real deal.

Nick Saban was an idiot at Michigan State and didn't become a good coach for some reason until he hit the LSU/Bama lottery. I am sure not being the University of Michigan in Michigan didn't factor into it. More than likely he was a really good coach making the most out of the talent he could get there.

Hard to compare coaches unless they are coming from similar institutions...A lot of great coaches have left great jobs and resurfaced at "lesser" programs never to be relevant again.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
29-25-3

Oklahoma State University
In 1979, Johnson earned his first head coaching position, leading him back to the state of Oklahoma. During his five seasons at Oklahoma State, his teams combined for a record of 29-25-3 with two bowl appearances.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1990Toledo11920.818-4.61-13.24
1995Michigan State12651.5427.689.27Independence Bowl-L
1996Michigan State12660.5008.665.16Sun Bowl-L
1997Michigan State12750.5839.474.052511Aloha Bowl-L
1998Michigan State12660.5008.135.802323

Advertisement
Hard to compare coaches because location and tradition matters. Some people get woodies over Riley who gets the pick of the litter for recruits yet he still has won little (thus far) at OU except what he has been expected to win. To his credit though he has put his team in the playoffs. If there wasn't also a defensive side of the ball look out.

Jimmy Johnson did above average after leaving OK State which can't compare with Oklahoma...He had better talent to work with and if my memory serves me correctly he did ok at the U. I am sure most of us were wondering WTF at the hire but there are probably a couple of "experts" on here that knew he was the real deal.

Nick Saban was an idiot at Michigan State and didn't become a good coach for some reason until he hit the LSU/Bama lottery. I am sure not being the University of Michigan in Michigan didn't factor into it. More than likely he was a really good coach making the most out of the talent he could get there.

Hard to compare coaches unless they are coming from similar institutions...A lot of great coaches have left great jobs and resurfaced at "lesser" programs never to be relevant again.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
29-25-3

Oklahoma State University
In 1979, Johnson earned his first head coaching position, leading him back to the state of Oklahoma. During his five seasons at Oklahoma State, his teams combined for a record of 29-25-3 with two bowl appearances.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1990Toledo11920.818-4.61-13.24
1995Michigan State12651.5427.689.27Independence Bowl-L
1996Michigan State12660.5008.665.16Sun Bowl-L
1997Michigan State12750.5839.474.052511Aloha Bowl-L
1998Michigan State12660.5008.135.802323

People don’t want to use context when discussing things

5 years in a row with top 3 recruiting classes or something outlandish and his best result was with Richts players

He’s such a doofus Oregero won a NC before him
Bama has been a factor but as a Georgia guy I sill agree with you. His biggest mistakes are made when he tries to coach...Fake punts, field goals...All at a not so good time and not so successful.

So again, if you make the Final 4 most every year and win your conference every single year the CIS board hot take is "you have won nothing"

What you are saying in reality is only ONE coach a season wins "something" and is elite? Great takes fellers.....

:pgdead:

You were in junior high when Golden was here. And you obviously flunked math while you were there, considering I joined CIS after he was gone. So you know exactly zero about what I thought about him doofus.

But while you’re here please thrill us all with more Tua evals.
Whatever you say Miami_Joe

Advertisement
So again, if you make the Final 4 most every year and win your conference every single year the CIS board hot take is "you have won nothing"

What you are saying in reality is only ONE coach a season wins "something" and is elite? Great takes fellers.....

See Notre Dame and Brian Kelly lol

Advertisement
He takes Notre Dame to the playoffs and gets creamed, just like Riley lol.
I would love to get in the Final 4 and get creamed rather than get creamed by a so so UNC team and lose the weak *** coastal. Only 4 teams get the chance to play for the NC and fools in here are bagging on guys that consistently get that chance.

You guys are a hoot

Oh..ok. He at ******* ISU..but he “elite”. Locations and expectations is the name of the game. Rings and tings
ISU will enter the season in the top 10. All you're doing is naming coaches from the bag dropping blueblood schools. Lets see those cheating bastids win at Iowa, Iowa State, Northwestern and Stanford like Campbell, Ferentz, Fitzgerald and Shaw without the bags lol!

Last edited:
I would love to get in the Final 4 and get creamed rather than get creamed by a so so UNC team and lose the weak *** coastal. Only 4 teams get the chance to play for the NC and fools in here are bagging on guys that consistently get that chance.

You guys are a hoot
Two is not a winner and Three no one remembers...

Advertisement

No people are saying taking a ****bag program in Iowa State and making them relevant and beating the guy you’re talking about is more impressive than taking the reigns over a HOF coach which program has already dominated their conference for almost two decades

Two is not a winner and Three no one remembers...
Like I said you guys are a hoot, by your standards there is only one elite coach a season. Cracks me up how simple minded the board is.

"If you aint first your last" takes here tell volumes on the actual football acumen.

Bama has been a factor but as a Georgia guy I sill agree with you. His biggest mistakes are made when he tries to coach...Fake punts, field goals...All at a not so good time and not so successful.

That fake punt with Justin Fields single handily puts him in corch territory

No people are saying taking a ****bag program in Iowa State and making them relevant and beating the guy you’re talking about is more impressive than taking the reigns over a HOF coach which program has already dominated their conference for almost two decades
I have yet to see a list with Campbell above Riley, but because 2 tards in CIS say so you have changed my mind.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back