Manny jumps 26 spots in top coaches list

Status
Not open for further replies.
But folks are on here saying Riley IS elite. Can you point out exactly what rings he has? The ring expectation is always there, but no rings.
So based off that only 1 coach is successful/elite each season, unless you discount conference rings (which he wins every year) the only thing that matters is the NC ring?

Tough crowd......

/He IS elite IMO

Advertisement
So Campbell isn't a take for you?

If being objective, his performance with the talent he gets (if going off "stars") is pretty good against schools with so called studs. I state isn't a recruiting hot bed and they are the step child to Iowa.

Step child with attitude.

Location for him is tough and he has exceeded expectations. They love him there and why wouldn't they? Best winning percentage in school history I believe and he has won conference coach of the year multiple times... If he would have done that at Texas or OU you would be saying oh but he gets all the best players in a weak conference.
Never said he couldn’t coach. I’m saying don’t mention him among the guys getting it done at top programs. If he ever gets that call let’s see what happens...who’s the coach at Texas that was sure fire hire..now he’s out

He's supposed to beat them with a team full of elite players. But they beat him too, including Chris Klieman of Kansas State. My list is made up of people who are doing MORE with LESS. You can throw Indiana's coach in there too.
Allen (Indianas coach) is one guy I’ve always been super interested to see how he would do here (especially defensively with more talent). What he’s done at a basketball school, in an actually competitive conference, with almost zero football tradition has been borderline amazing.

You have to go back to the 1940s to find an IU coach with a better winning percentage.

So based off that only 1 coach is successful/elite each season, unless you discount conference rings (which he wins every year) the only thing that matters is the NC ring?

Tough crowd......

/He IS elite IMO
Tough crowd?! I am not setting the standards, I am pointing out what all y'all are saying. I am simply sitting back and laughing.

Mack made UNC relevant, left and won a title at texas, where no one has done **** since, and now came back and is kicking our *** again......so top 12 seems pretty accurate.

what does the hope of anyone here have anything to do with anything. He's been ****ting the bed on his own just fine. He can't beat a real team

If kicking our *** makes a coach top 12 material, then this list is missing quite a few coaches in the top 12

Advertisement
So no HC deserves any credit for wins..it’s alll players.
Wait, so now Manny is supposed to get credit for pulling out wins in games where we came out flat, played like crap, and had to claw our way back just to pull out what should have been a walk in the park. Revisionist history at its finest.

Tough crowd?! I am not setting the standards, I am pointing out what all y'all are saying. I am simply sitting back and laughing.
I got you, I was like what a standard, win a NC or you are not elite. Only on CIS.

I thought you were in that camp, my mistake Zombie, you were laughing at them same as me

Never said he couldn’t coach. I’m saying don’t mention him among the guys getting it done at top programs. If he ever gets that call let’s see what happens...who’s the coach at Texas that was sure fire hire..now he’s out
I am saying you can absolutely mention him. 3 time conference coach of the year? The "sure fire" Texas coach was sure fired. Same conference, different coach, not a traditional power football program in a not so good recruiting location IS getting it done. By your measuring stick you are going with 3 schools because they are getting it done lol. You think ole "O" at LSU is better than Campbell? Coach O got it done!

Please don't say yes to the last question because I think highly of some of your content and I don't want you to soil that.

Advertisement
I am saying you can absolutely mention him. 3 time conference coach of the year? The "sure fire" Texas coach was sure fired. Same conference, different coach, not a traditional power football program in a not so good recruiting location IS getting it done. By your measuring stick you are going with 3 schools because they are getting it done lol. You think ole "O" at LSU is better than Campbell? Coach O got it done!

Please don't say yes to the last question because I think highly of some of your content and I don't want you to soil that.
Coach Os overall record at multiple stops speaks for itself. So yes. Him winning a natty pretty much **** on what campbell has done so far..you can’t be a elite coach at no **** ISU. That’s just my opinion. There’s level to the ****

Wait, so now Manny is supposed to get credit for pulling out wins in games where we came out flat, played like crap, and had to claw our way back just to pull out what should have been a walk in the park. Revisionist history at its finest.
Yup. For the simple fact u think with what we have we should simply dominate on the road at A place like nc state or at Blacksburg...it’s gone from manny can’t beat the teams he should to now we’re judging how he’s winning..cmon now lol.

Mack Brown is a weird coach, he reminds me of Jimbo Fisher, guys who’ve won a lot, and are good coaches, but happen to be overrated.

I have no doubts either can coach, but relative to their talent, they almost always underachieve and have several losses to teams they shouldn’t every year. That UNC team last year should have only had losses to Notre Dame (and even that one should have been closer). They were absolutely loaded on offense and even with a young defense, losses to ND and FSU were embarrassing.

Again, would I take a younger Mack Brown here? Any day of the week. But for all the talent he’s accumulated, he should have won even more imho.

Coach Os overall record at multiple stops speaks for itself. So yes. Him winning a natty pretty much **** on what campbell has done so far..you can’t be a elite coach at no **** ISU. That’s just my opinion. There’s level to the ****
Your mask is covering your eyes!

Be a better man than I and just admit you are wrong. Nothing wrong with that and I for one feel it elevates you.

If they offered both coaches, you could have either, I am taking that guy from ISU who has won what you would say nothing other than coach of the year multiple times hands down.

Maybe you should go 305-954-407 or something cause 954 is foggy lol

I see your point but at some locations it is hard to bring talent in and there isn't a large pool of talent. You must look at what they do with the talent they are able to recruit.

Advertisement
Regarding Manny’s jump, he improved the team last year, but overall it’s too early to know with him. The stench of a lot of bad losses with poor game planning and adaptability are still present. This is his clearly big year with so many guys returning and I strong recruiting class/defensive coaching upgrades. His true imprint on the program will be known after this year.

Are you embarrassed by your dumb *** porsts???

You tried to use a game where a coach's team racked up 750 yards of offense and won by 15 points as an example of him being "outcoached", think about how dumb that is.

JFC the perpetual doggy boner you run around here with as you look for another limb to hump as drained all the blood from your brain.

You don’t bother to look for context or response just your idiotic need to throw out another response.

But I’m not surprised, that usually happens with the flame outs who feel the need to spend 500 post a week

JFC the perpetual doggy boner you run around here with as you look for another limb to hump as drained all the blood from your brain.

You don’t bother to look for context or response just your idiotic need to spam out another response.
No context needed, it was a dumb porst, something you excel at.

Advertisement
Yup. For the simple fact u think with what we have we should simply dominate on the road at A place like nc state or at Blacksburg...it’s gone from manny can’t beat the teams he should to now we’re judging how he’s winning..cmon now lol.
Yes, how you play matters. This ain't the NFL. Let's stop pretending just the W/L matters and the box score is indicative of nothing. When your team shows up against what is supposed to be weaker competition, you are supposed to kick their ***, not show up like zombies. You become a great coach because of gameday, not just national signing day. And maybe you missed UNC and the bowl game. He still can't beat the teams he should. 62 to UNC, Jesus H. You telling me he's a great coach? He got his *** handed to him by a 'good' coach. Stop acting like just because he convinced some guys in the portal to come here with his rah-rah sheit, that he's a great head coach.

Yes, how you play matters. This ain't the NFL. Let's stop pretending just the W/L matters and the box score is indicative of nothing. When your team shows up against what is supposed to be weaker competition, you are supposed to kick their ***, not show up like zombies. You become a great coach because of gameday, not just national signing day. And maybe you missed UNC and the bowl game. He still can't beat the teams he should. 62 to UNC, Jesus H. You telling me he's a great coach? He got his *** handed to him by a 'good' coach. Stop acting like just because he convinced some guys in the portal to come here with his rah-rah sheit, that he's a great head coach.
When tf did I call manny a Great coach..man learn to contextualize convos. That statement isn’t relevant to what we are talking about. Y’all went from he needs to win..now it’s how and by how much..stop moving the **** goalpost to fit whatever narrative u painted in 2018 when the decision was made.

Last edited:
He’s gotten the call. He’s also told them to go **** themselves. Dude turned down 70 mil from the lions. How about you try actually researching said topic instead of talking with your *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back