Manny jumps 26 spots in top coaches list

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have any of them done that Lincoln Riley hasn’t? He beats Campbell and Patterson on the regular.
Quite a stunning achievement considering Riley's Oklahoma teams out talent Campbell's and Patterson's ISU and TCU teams 2 to 1 on the regular.

Advertisement
Saban, Dabo, Day, Fitzgerald and Campbell imo.

Cheater, cheater, cheater, agree, overrated. Fitzgerald deals with a lot of academic restrictions so I credit what he's done. I don't buy the Campbell hype. He's been at Iowa State since 2016. He's had a grand total of 3 players drafted into the NFL. 3 in 4 years. Thats f#cking horrendous. He might be a decent Xs and Os guy (so he wins because he can out coach others) but his lack of NFL players leads me to believe his recruiting and eval skills are poor. Is it hard to recruit at Iowa State? Sure but it's no worse than Pullman, WA and Leach was still pumping recruits into the NFL.

My list will have some unpopular names for Canes fans. In no particular order:
1. Jimbo - Riley chokes in big games. Jimbo has proven he can win them
2. Brian Kelly (yes ND is rich but they also have tough academic standards.)
3. Ken Niumatalolo- Navy gives a lot of teams trouble and it's crazy how tough it is to compete with other programs
4. Paul Chryst - does more with less
5. Bill Clark. What he does at UAB impresses me more than what Campbell has done at Iowa State.

Lol the bag **** is a running joke. Does it happen, yes. And no the guys u names didn’t get the keys to a top 10 program. But they also aren’t under the same pressure to perform results as those top 5 programs..here’s some examples; al Golden turned around temple. Then folded at Miami. Because of expectations. You don’t get the time to build as much at prestige programs without on field results. Brett belima is a example of a coach who was very good for a program like wisky. Gets to the sec and it’s a different story. There’s so many examples of this. Flip side, Larry Coker

so yea give Riley his due for not crashing and burning and keeping that ou program among the top 5
Folden didn't take over a top 5 program like Riley did. And I'm pretty sure you saw the article about Clemson track athletes bussin' on the football program about bag dropping. Riley is winning his weak conference like he's supposed to, but he just recently lost to two of the guys on my top 5 list, and they don't have nowhere near the talent oklahoma has lol...

Folden didn't take over a top 5 program like Riley did. And I'm pretty sure you saw the article about Clemson track athletes bussin' on the football program about bag dropping. Riley is winning his weak conference like he's supposed to, but he just recently lost to two of the guys on my top 5 list, and they don't have nowhere near the talent oklahoma has lol...
Well..let’s see if the names on your list ever become elite guys truly

Bruh go right ahead and google that temple program..matter of fact I gotchu

yes Golden was *** and wouldn’t make key changes..but what he did at temple can’t be denied. Problem is at a program with prestige like Miami..that **** don’t fly so rightfully he got his pink slip
I don’t need to google it. Temple was no where near the success it had with Matt Rhule and Golden benefitted from a veteran team both years he won. You can live in your own slurper fantasy land all you want but anybody who’s payed attention to FB the last decade know that’s a fact.

Advertisement
Well..let’s see if the names on your list ever become elite guys truly
Matt Campbell is already an elite HC. Dude is winning at one of the worst programs in FBS history and built Toledo into the no question best team in the MAC while he was there. He’s had Logan Woodside, Kareem Hunt, Michael Roberts, Deonte Johnson, Hakeem Butler, David Montgomery, Allan Lazard, and Kene Nwangwu. All are his guys and that’s not including Brock Purdy, Breece Hall(who’s probably going to be a 1st rounder), and Tyler Kolar. All of those dudes are still on his roster and are going to be draft picks...at ******* Iowa State. Get out of your moms basement and come join us in the real world.

Last edited:
This ****** got out coached by got **** Mack Brown

You mean the Mack Brown who is at least good enough to be one of 5 active coaches to have a Championship ring as a HC? I hate pumping up rivals, but you said this as if Brown is Willie Taggart or something

Matt Campbell turned down 70 million dollars to coach in the NFL. I doubt he is very smart.

Advertisement
This is for the OFF qSEASON s isn't it??

IF SO Manny should be MUCH HIGHER IMO...IF NOT This is a complete joke

Quite a stunning achievement considering Riley's Oklahoma teams out talent Campbell's and Patterson's ISU and TCU teams 2 to 1 on the regular.
I don’t get this logic. Isn’t recruiting a HUGE aspect of being a college coach? Is Nick Saban not really good because his team has the talent advantage against anyone else? The question is “who is the best college coach?” not “who does the most with the least?” I’ll take the guy who signs the best players and wins the most championships over the guy who gets the most out of a lesser team.

Advertisement
Umm you mean Matt Campbell beats Riley on the regular...right?
Riley is 3-2 against Campbell. And one of those losses was at the beginning of 2020. When they played later in the year for the conference title, Riley and Oklahoma won. Campbell has averaged 7 wins and finished ranked in the top 25 once at Iowa State. He’s done a good job of making a crap team respectable but let’s pump the breaks on crowning him.

Manolo’s off-season coaching alone merits the jump.
For me the only things that moves a coach up is winning games. Three loses and two blow outs last year speak volumes on how good a coach Manny is. This year is critical. Manny has to win the mediocre coastal this year period.

Advertisement
Scott Frost sucks

images.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back