Manny jumps 26 spots in top coaches list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not knocking Riley, just saying he inherited a championship contending program from a HOF coach just like Ryan Day at Columbus. What Scott Frost did at UCF was amazing. What Campbell IS doing at ISU is amazing. What Kirk Ferentz is doing at Iowa is amazing. Throw Luke Fikell in there too. These guys had to build from the ground up, Riley and Day didn't.
And those coaches u named are perfect fits for what those programs expectations are

Do we hope he fails? Or hope he improves? I feel like many hope the team ****s the bed so we can get rid of him. I feel like some want their cake and to eat it too, but I do t see how that can work. Me personally, I hope he turns the corner and the team succeeds.
Anyone who wants the coach to fail, which necessarily means wanting the team to fail, needs to ban him/herself from this Board because that person is not a fan. Fans cheer for their team, not against because they dislike a coach/player/scheme/mascot/uniforms/cheerleaders or anything else. Its Ok to be skeptical or want to see success before believing in a coach. But to want failure is to want a bad outcome for the players and we do not need anyone with that attitude on this Board.
So if you feel this way either stay off this Board or be smart enough to conceal your true feelings.

Does winning 8 games at a traditionally bad school make you great? How about going undefeated at a G5 program? The coaching ranks are littered with guys who won at small schools but flopped when they moved up the ranks. How about winning a national title? Larry Coker has one of those. So does Gene Chizik and Ed O. The list of head coaches who have had long term, championship success is minuscule.

Advertisement
And there are several on this site specifically who think Saban is overrated too lol.
I give Saban credit for attracting the best talent in the game. Because that’s what really wins in college football. The greatest strategists and X’s and O’s coaches make no difference if one team is full of NFL draft picks and the other is full of walk-ons. ******* Larry Coker went undefeated and won a title and almost did it back to back if not for a fake penalty. Get the best players, win the most games. The idea that Coach X is going to make your program a champion means nothing unless Coach X is going to pull in all the 5 star recruits every year. It’s why I don’t get too up or too down on coaches. Because it’s not the coach, it’s the talent he attracts.

Advertisement
Not knocking Riley, just saying he inherited a championship contending program from a HOF coach just like Ryan Day at Columbus. What Scott Frost did at UCF was amazing. What Campbell IS doing at ISU is amazing. What Kirk Ferentz is doing at Iowa is amazing. Throw Luke Fikell in there too. These guys had to build from the ground up, Riley and Day didn't.
Coker ran us into the ground
Sustaining success is not easy either

Advertisement
I was just reacting to that bs take then list..I don’t think Riley is top 3..but the names u listed..I got Clorox and a shot glass for u
Good, now stick em up yo ***! Guy asked me to name some guys and I did! If they can win at lesser programs like they're doing imagine what they would do at Oklahoma and Ohio State. Now let's keep it civil.

Good, now stick em up yo ***! Guy asked me to name some guys and I did! If they can win at lesser programs like they're doing imagine what they would do at Oklahoma and Ohio State. Now let's keep it civil.
It’s always civil bruh relax..u just named some names for fuqs sake..ok cool. But u gotta understand, different schools have lesser expectations. You named coaches who are perfect at those locations. Yhey can afford to develop in cycles. go 4-8 then 6-7 then 8-5 then hit a 10-3 szn then be back at 6-7 and still be secure at those locations You put them in a pressure cooker like OU or others it’s a different story. Too many past coaching darlings prove that to be true.

So when a coach like Riley takes over and doesn’t crash the ship, it’s some credit he deserves for that..and trust me I’m first to say he hasn’t won BIG. But that’s only against Cream of the crop

It’s always civil bruh relax..u just named some names for fuqs sake..ok cool. But u gotta understand, different schools have lesser expectations. You named coaches who are perfect at those locations. Yhey can afford to develop in cycles. go 4-8 then 6-7 then 8-5 then hit a 10-3 szn then be back at 6-7 and still be secure at those locations You put them in a pressure cooker like OU or others it’s a different story. Too many past coaching darlings prove that to be true.

So when a coach like Riley takes over and doesn’t crash the ship, it’s some credit he deserves for that..and trust me I’m first to say he hasn’t won BIG. But that’s only against Cream of the crop
Didn't mean to get heated but drinking bleach for my opinion bro lol? But again, the guys I named didn't inherit a top 5 program, nor are they coaching at bag dropping programs.

Advertisement
Didn't mean to get heated but drinking bleach for my opinion bro lol? But again, the guys I named didn't inherit a top 5 program, nor are they coaching at bag dropping programs.
Lol the bag **** is a running joke. Does it happen, yes. And no the guys u names didn’t get the keys to a top 10 program. But they also aren’t under the same pressure to perform results as those top 5 programs..here’s some examples; al Golden turned around temple. Then folded at Miami. Because of expectations. You don’t get the time to build as much at prestige programs without on field results. Brett belima is a example of a coach who was very good for a program like wisky. Gets to the sec and it’s a different story. There’s so many examples of this. Flip side, Larry Coker

so yea give Riley his due for not crashing and burning and keeping that ou program among the top 5

What have any of them done that Lincoln Riley hasn’t? He beats Campbell and Patterson on the regular.
Umm you mean Matt Campbell beats Riley on the regular...right?

How
Lol the bag **** is a running joke. Does it happen, yes. And no the guys u names didn’t get the keys to a top 10 program. But they also aren’t under the same pressure to perform results as those top 5 programs..here’s some examples; al Golden turned around temple. Then folded at Miami. Because of expectations. You don’t get the time to build as much at prestige programs without on field results. Brett belima is a example of a coach who was very good for a program like wisky. Gets to the sec and it’s a different story. There’s so many examples of this. Flip side, Larry Coker

so yea give Riley his due for not crashing and burning and keeping that ou program among the top 5
How the **** did Golden turn around Temple? He had 2 winning season with an old team and was a failure other three. Matt Rhule had that team littered with NFL guys and won every year after his first year. Temple’s rise as a program has every to do with Matt Rhule and nothing to do with Al Golden.

How

How the **** did Golden turn around Temple? He had 2 winning season with an old team and was a failure other three. Matt Rhule had that team littered with NFL guys and won every year after his first year. Temple’s rise as a program has every to do with Matt Rhule and nothing to do with Al Golden.
Bruh go right ahead and google that temple program..matter of fact I gotchu

yes Golden was *** and wouldn’t make key changes..but what he did at temple can’t be denied. Problem is at a program with prestige like Miami..that **** don’t fly so rightfully he got his pink slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back