Manny: Jarren starting if...

Advertisement
For what it's worth, I spoke with a dude I grew up with yesterday about our QB situation. He's close to FSU program (I know he made a terrible choice of where he went to school decades ago). He says on their end they hope we go back to Jarren. Says they are very concerned about Kosi. Just putting this out there. I have no dog in the fight and support JW and NP. . . whoever gives us the best chance to win on any given day.

Remember in the off-season manny he wanted a cutting edge offense. And then enos said he would tailor the offense to the strengths of the players. Talked about being able to go up tempo and also slow it down. Good times.

Yes bro!!!! This where i'm at with Coach Enos and Manny on the offensive side . I'm also remember him stating this. I'm still waiting on this to happen? I feel he has to stop being cute and go with the preseason plan. I'm so glad you brought this up !

If he goes with this scheme will score in bunches and keep the oline from holding it's blocks longer. Get the ball out quick let our Wr do some dancing. We must pushed this forward !

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I spoke with a dude I grew up with yesterday about our QB situation. He's close to FSU program (I know he made a terrible choice of where he went to school decades ago). He says on their end they hope we go back to Jarren. Says they are very concerned about Kosi. Just putting this out there. I have no dog in the fight and support JW and NP. . . whoever gives us the best chance to win on any given day.

Coach Bud Foster DEFENSE GURU said a similar thing in post game interview . Thought if Perry would of started the outcome would of been way much different.

I just want to win too brother and I have no personal agenda not like others on here. smdh

May the best man give us Wins! (but we need to figure out and stop playing, they going to make mistakes in games just coach em up!)

Advertisement
perry misses some reads and makes some poor throws but he is the superior athlete and with this Oline and offense gives us the best chance to win.

All qb's miss reads, even professionals. **** the coaches even blasted JW about all the wr's running open since the uf game. It happens, just shouldn't happen more often than not.

Coach Bud Foster DEFENSE GURU said a similar thing in post game interview . Thought if Perry would of started the outcome would of been way much different.

I just want to win too brother and I have no personal agenda not like others on here. smdh

May the best man give us Wins! (but we need to figure out and stop playing, they going to make mistakes in games just coach em up!)
Yes sir. I'm way more concerned with how bad our OL is still. Until this gets worked out (unfortunately probably not this year) our QBs are always one play away from disaster.

Yes sir. I'm way more concerned with how bad our OL is still. Until this gets worked out (unfortunately probably not this year) our QBs are always one play away from disaster.

Exactly... sad to say brother! If we go with an hurry up offense it can play to our strengths and weakness (Oline). Get the ball out quick to Wr's let them gain yards and pound the rock in the middle of the game / end of the game with our workhorse Dj and Cam.

Advertisement
****ed of the offense looking sh*tty for majority of the game? Of course I am
the offense got it done when the offense needed to get it done. Stop being overly dramatic and look deeper. Don't miss the forest through the trees Brock. It wasn't the best offensive showing, but UVA has a really good D, with some really good pieces on their D. The only thing that matters is when our O needed to answer, they did. The last 2 drives were called and executed very well and that is why we got the W.

That and the D actually played to what we thought they were going to play like. I mean we hold VT to 1 FG instead of all TDs we win that game too. but no what ifs right.

the offense got it done when the offense needed to get it done. Stop being overly dramatic and look deeper. Don't miss the forest through the trees Brock. It wasn't the best offensive showing, but UVA has a really good D, with some really good pieces on their D. The only thing that matters is when our O needed to answer, they did. The last 2 drives were called and executed very well and that is why we got the W.

That and the D actually played to what we thought they were going to play like. I mean we hold VT to 1 FG instead of all TDs we win that game too. but no what ifs right.
I agree With that. Just wish we had that type of defensive performance the first 2 losses of the season, **** even against va tech because as you said if we stopped them for 1 field goal instead of allowing 6 redzone trips for 6 tds vs them we would have won that game

We should thank Jarren for his contributions, he pushed Perry to be better, and even though he threatened to transfer last year, Williams was a good cheerleader Friday night, you would have thought his shoulder was fine they way he was throwing his arms up dancing on the sideline.
He can be a very good back up for Perry the next 3 years and come if needed.
Maybe he is the starter for his RS SR year and can manage the game with a talented team.

Advertisement
If Diaz & Co. are now talking about accountability - buzz word after VaTech mess - no way in **** you yank Perry and re-insert Williams. Talk about sending mixed message. Players aren't stupid. Can't pull Perry after managing a win and give the job back to Williams whose 3 picks buried you against VaTech.

If Diaz & Co. are now talking about accountability - buzz word after VaTech mess - no way in **** you yank Perry and re-insert Williams. Talk about sending mixed message. Players aren't stupid. Can't pull Perry after managing a win and give the job back to Williams whose 3 picks buried you against VaTech.
This. But as a coach u can’t be scared of player’s second guessing your decision. If I’m manny I’m going with who looks sharpest during this weeks prep

Advertisement
"Give me hard nose bleeds and grit over pretty shining Diamond Chains".

My dude you may need a rehab facility if you are snorting to the level of nose bleeds and pawning jewels.
Huh??? WTF???
SMDH Ya'll go zero to 100 before thinking....

It's a metaphor brother. Let me dumb it down for you.

"Give me hard working players over glitz and glamour".

Understand now? Be bless and Carry on !

Go CANES!

What bothers me about this situation is this statement below:

“… The guy came in during really difficult circumstances, worked his tail off, competed, made a couple of plays out of the pocket, off schedule plays… Of course, then there were four plays in a row where it’s, `What is he doing?’ - he went the wrong way on a bootleg one play, took a sack.”

Nkso comes in at 0-21 and leads a 35 point comeback to almost win the game— and Enos finds a way to insult Kosi for making a few mistakes — mistakes that didn’t give the other team 21 ***KING points like JW....

But please let’s not say anything to hurt JW’s feelings or confidence ok?? Don’t worry JW is our starting QB no matter what!

What the ***?

Why is Kosi being treated like the black-sheep when he’s clearly the better game time QB who can actually win us tough games?

****ed of the offense looking sh*tty for majority of the game? Of course I am
Perry has to start, you have to admit that below is glaring with him not playing two full games and only having one week of preparation as a starter for this team:

Williams, who has an injury to his throwing shoulder, had completed 89 of 124 passes (71.8 percent) for 1,074 yards, seven touchdowns in his five starts — along with the three interceptions he threw before he was pulled in the first quarter from the Oct. 5 game against Virginia Tech. He has been sacked 19 times for 123 yards lost.
Perry has played in three games this season, going 51 of 84 (60.7 percent) for 1,074 yards and six touchdowns and one interception. He has been sacked nine times for 51 yards lost.

60.7 is good, and to have the same amount of yards, with 38 less completions, 1 less touchdown, and less negative yards from sacks means more dynamic offense under Perry. I know Williams is good but if you develop Perry the way you developed Hurts the next couple years you know he has more upside than even what Hurts was as a passer. His timing with the receivers will come as well. The offense went stagnant after 3 straight drops on his second drive. All accurate balls clearly dropped and the momentum did as well. He came out the gate sniping both drives the second had drops where the first didn't.

Advertisement
Back