Manny is the state’s best recruiter, per 247

As much as we like to dog him, and rightfully so, they signed the #13 class this cycle and #9 last cycle. And they take into account transfers as well when discussing these rankings, and he's gotten a few good ones. The classes should certainly be better than they are with all things considered, but they're not horrible, and that's why I think he's ranked where he's ranked.
I won't argue that. I would say it's kind of surprising considering that he thought Franks was better than Trask. That brings his evaluation skills into question.

I'll also say going from 4 wins to 10 was a big part of that success.

Advertisement
I won't argue that. I would say it's kind of surprising considering that he thought Franks was better than Trask. That brings his evaluation skills into question.

I'll also say going from 4 wins to 10 was a big part of that success.

But I don't think he recruited either kid. Who knows what went on at practice, you might be right, once he got there and they were both there, to pick Franks over Trask in hindsight looks foolish. Maybe Franks was a team leader? Doubtful, considering he's a ******* clown, but maybe? Who knows what goes on every day inside the building.

And I might have this wrong, but didn't Mullen bench Franks for Trask sometime in 2018 and then Trask immediately broke his foot?

Advertisement
Thread title is not at all misleading. Manny probably is the best recruiter amongst HC's in the state, but he's not even the best recruiter on his own staff.

But hey that's just me stating facts moping.

Advertisement
It’s good to know after Manny bombs this year, we hire the #2 recruiter in Florida according to 247.

Advertisement
It’s crazy to me how the guys who are paid to cover the sport don’t know how badly Manny sucks in literally everything he does and has ever done like this board does, but here’s some more made up info from people without any personal bias and/or more than 7 brain cells.

The panel was made up of, of course, people who don't know anything and live on Mars. But it was Canes reporter Gaby Urruita, Bud Elliott (who of course hates Miami and thus ranked Manny high as a giant rouse), Andrew Ivins, Blake Alderman (gator writer), Josh Newberg (FSU writer), Will Turner (USF writer), and Jason Beede (UCF writer).

Of the 7 panelists, Manny got 4 first-place votes, and 3 second-place votes. He was far and away the leader of the poll. Thank god these guys aren't running our program, or we might not be #firingeveryone.

Thank god your opinion doesn't matter!

Advertisement
It's a ranking of the best recruiters of the coaches in the state, not who has recruited the best while coaching in the state. We all loved the T-Rob hire, and he'd be high on a list of best position coach recruiters in the state. But he hasn't recruited while working in the state for going on a decade. Does that mean he wouldn't belong on a list ranking the best recruiters of the state schools? Don't be difficult just to be difficult.
I’m pretty sure you’re being difficult just to be difficult. My tongue in cheek original post should not have flown so far over your head. It was blatantly obvious that he was only on that list due to recruiting accomplishments only achieved at his previous stop.

But I don't think he recruited either kid. Who knows what went on at practice, you might be right, once he got there and they were both there, to pick Franks over Trask in hindsight looks foolish. Maybe Franks was a team leader? Doubtful, considering he's a ******* clown, but maybe? Who knows what goes on every day inside the building.

And I might have this wrong, but didn't Mullen bench Franks for Trask sometime in 2018 and then Trask immediately broke his foot?
Yes, I believe you're right about the foot. Maybe there are things we don't know, but Franks would be riding pine after the game against us.

Thread title is not at all misleading. Manny probably is the best recruiter amongst HC's in the state, but he's not even the best recruiter on his own staff.

But hey that's just me stating facts moping.

Nothing wrong with that, his job is HC of miami not just recruiting. Having good recruiters on staff lets him delegate and helps him concentrate on other things.

Advertisement
Back