Manny is the state’s best recruiter, per 247

tenor (32).gif

Advertisement
List is pretty accurate as to where things stand today. I feel Manny has done a pretty good job recruiting as HC, much better than he ever did as DC. One of my main concerns with him taking on the responsibility of DC is that his recruiting doesn't suffer. The coaches he's added to defense will help significantly in that area.

Head coaches get credit for the good and blame for the bad. Whether you are slurper or mope that is the the way it is. He is the ceo and responsible for the good and bad with his position.
Agree. I do wanna see Saban’s “Bad” though.

I think Manny deserves to be #1 as the recruiting overseer, given performance on the field and the classes his staff has pulled in. I still think he came up short not fixing the CB and LB recruiting issues sooner but hopefully that’s resolved now.

Advertisement
I'm convinced. The scientific underpinnings of this in depth study cannot be shaken.

I can certainly see why this academic masterpiece would lead to the Manure Munchers boasting and flinging undigested stool chunks at those unwashed fools who don't see Manure as the inventor of football.

Diaz recruits while here-
Primary Recruiter:
7 players: Two 4 stars / Five 3 stars
Composite: .8830
*One of the 3 star players was Rousseau

Secondary (Support) Recruiter:
13 players: One 5 star / Seven 4 stars / Five 3 stars
Composite: .9115
*The 5 star was James Williams

Total composite as a Primary & Secondary: .8972

I’m not sure y Malzhan is listed here as #2. Even at Auburn, only two players are noteworthy under his credit as a recruiter, either primary or secondary.

Norvell did some damage as a recruiter at ASU, but at Memphis & currently at FSU, meh.

247 has Taggart w/ one recruit??? That sounds wrong....but then again, if the phone is ring-a-ding-dinging......

Butch at FIU?? C’mon man. Y??

I didn’t see much from Mullen as a recruiter as a HC, more less as an OC at UF, but truthfully, is it really him closing the deal, or his wives exploits??

Jeff Scott? Major recruiter while at Clemson. His resume absolutely demolishes Manny Diaz, and it’s not even remotely close. But, that’s while he was at Clemson.

So I’m not sure how they are rating these guys, truthfully. Are they considering their time as a coordinator & HC, or are they just considering their time as a HC? If it’s the latter, then this list is correct. Manny was the secondary recruiter for J Will, Franklin, and Garcia.

Manny appears to be a better wing man as a recruiter v. primary, and that’s OK. He’s got bigger fish on his plate. That’s why u hire recruiters on staff.

Much ado about people not understanding the context of what their rankings are.

This board sometimes.

Tell you what you evil geniuses. You rank the head coaches.

Advertisement
It’s crazy to me how the guys who are paid to cover the sport don’t know how badly Manny sucks in literally everything he does and has ever done like this board does, but here’s some more made up info from people without any personal bias and/or more than 7 brain cells.

The panel was made up of, of course, people who don't know anything and live on Mars. But it was Canes reporter Gaby Urruita, Bud Elliott (who of course hates Miami and thus ranked Manny high as a giant rouse), Andrew Ivins, Blake Alderman (gator writer), Josh Newberg (FSU writer), Will Turner (USF writer), and Jason Beede (UCF writer).

Of the 7 panelists, Manny got 4 first-place votes, and 3 second-place votes. He was far and away the leader of the poll. Thank god these guys aren't running our program, or we might not be #firingeveryone.

Do you deny having an agenda, QP?

Oh, and incidentally, good point in your first sentence noting these people are without more than 7 brain cells. You nailed it with the ‘and/or’.

Do you deny having an agenda, QP?

Oh, and incidentally, good point in your first sentence noting these people are without more than 7 brain cells. You nailed it with the ‘and/or’.

Just posted something that’s widely available online provided by people paid to report on the sport. That’s all.

Just posted something that’s widely available online provided by people paid to report on the sport. That’s all.
That’s clearly false. No idea why you’re hiding from your own obviousness.

You didn’t ‘just post something that’s available online’. You provided a lot of snarky commentary attempting to goad critics of Manny’s recruiting. You know it, I know it, and eeryone here knows it.

Advertisement
Report? LOL
These folks post snarky sarcastic swipes at manny critics when dumb **** gets written by dumber chicks that make him sound less incompetent than he is. Then, when he ***** the bed, we hear about how AMAZING he is for making changes after the fact. Manny Diaz has the anticipation of Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates.

Advertisement
Paid? LOL

We all know you’re super rich and cool, much like everyone else on this board, but yeah they make a living covering college football. I’m sure not enough to own multiple properties in Vail, Pacific Palasides, and Paris like a man of your generational wealth, but I’d bet a decent number of people would take it.

That’s clearly false. No idea why you’re hiding from your own obviousness.

You didn’t ‘just post something that’s available online’. You provided a lot of snarky commentary attempting to goad critics of Manny’s recruiting. You know it, I know it, and eeryone here knows it.

Nah, just pointing out that not every human on the planet thinks this is the worst program ever assembled. If you were dropped from another galaxy onto this board, you'd think we were UMass. There are things to be optimistic about, if you aren't the most miserable creature ever created. Those are what I choose to focus on. But Miami fans gonna Miami fan, just how it goes.

Nah, just pointing out that not every human on the planet thinks this is the worst program ever assembled. If you were dropped from another galaxy onto this board, you'd think we were UMass. There are things to be optimistic about, if you aren't the most miserable creature ever created. Those are what I choose to focus on. But Miami fans gonna Miami fan, just how it goes.
You’re delusional. Be as optimistic as you want. The FACTS are irrefutable. This program has never won the ACC, has won the Coastal like once ever, has won 1 bowl game in almost a decade and a half. We’ve also had one solitary all American in well over a decade, and that was borregales (transfer) this season. While that isn’t UMass, it’s wildly below acceptable for this program or frankly any semi-serious P5 program. When fans discuss that, it’s to use their understanding of football and life experiences to consider what’s wrong, so it can be fixed. The crazy people on this site are the ones who seem to think it’s fun or cool or helpful to attract or mock the honest assessments by vomiting up dumb drooling pap that has no meaning.

Anyhow, you’re not ‘choosing to focus on’ optimism. That’s an outright lie. You chosed to start a thread to try to troll posters who aren’t as kool-aid dumb as you. Why not just admit it, rather than pretending this is about something else?

Advertisement
Back