Manny is making me nervous.

Advertisement
I'm not an optimist by nature. But, Manny's moves so far have me looking forward to great things from this program. I just hope that feeling doesn't result in this again.
main-qimg-4e15926a804d3ae7fdc0998f46fa78ee
Dingaan.....cool. I know as a fact that if Manny has the ball he will throw it, run it, or attack it, so he is not Lucy. Rather he has the look on Lucy's face, saying " watch out mf's here come the new Canes............LOL.

Advertisement
I said a couple years ago shortly after we hired Diaz that I thought he’d be a better HC than a DC.

I made that statement because of the views that he espoused on football. He wants a team that plays fast and violently and has fun in the process. That’s the type of HC that I think has the chance to be very successful. It’s exactly the model Dabo uses at Clemson. He wants to keep the energy and violence high while keeping football fun.

HC is first and foremost a leader of men. He sets the tempo and tone. He doesn’t have to be an x and o genius (though Diaz is certainly x and o proficient), but he absolutely has to be a leader who keeps the team’s energy high and doesn’t let them rest on moderate success.

A guy like Rickety was all about teaching life lessons and being happy with winning the Coastal once in awhile. That’s why the team completely quit as soon as we picked up the Coastal a couple years ago. Their job was done.

I get the feeling Diaz doesn’t see it that way, and I’ve been saying for awhile that he seems like the anti-Rick in his approach. Everything he’s done and said has only confirmed my belief. I’m a buyer in our Dabez.

I said a couple years ago shortly after we hired Diaz that I thought he’d be a better HC than a DC.

I made that statement because of the views that he espoused on football. He wants a team that plays fast and violently and has fun in the process. That’s the type of HC that I think has the chance to be very successful. It’s exactly the model Dabo uses at Clemson. He wants to keep the energy and violence high while keeping football fun.

HC is first and foremost a leader of men. He sets the tempo and tone. He doesn’t have to be an x and o genius (though Diaz is certainly x and o proficient), but he absolutely has to be a leader who keeps the team’s energy high and doesn’t let them rest on moderate success.

A guy like Rickety was all about teaching life lessons and being happy with winning the Coastal once in awhile. That’s why the team completely quit as soon as we picked up the Coastal a couple years ago. Their job was done.

I get the feeling Diaz doesn’t see it that way, and I’ve been saying for awhile that he seems like the anti-Rick in his approach. Everything he’s done and said has only confirmed my belief. I’m a buyer in our Dabez.

Yea, I’m starting to get the sense he’s more results oriented rather than being more process oriented.

Those are the “get it done” people rather than the “how it’s done” people.

I also think, and agree with you, he has an idea of what he wants this team to be....high speed, high energy, not too worried about the niceties and let the dogs be dogs.

I believe that’s what we need...a low-down ruthless vato.

What's standing between him and championships, and I don’t think there’s any disputing this, is talent and depth of talent. We are just not there yet. The injury bug can kill this team. So hopefully with transfers, and good recruiting classes the next couple of years, we should be a lot closer to the Clemsons of the world

Advertisement
Yea, I’m starting to get the sense he’s more results oriented rather than being more process oriented.

Those are the “get it done” people rather than the “how it’s done” people.

I also think, and agree with you, he has an idea of what he wants this team to be....high speed, high energy, not too worried about the niceties and let the dogs be dogs.

I believe that’s what we need...a low-down ruthless vato.

What's standing between him and championships, and I don’t think there’s any disputing this, is talent and depth of talent. We are just not there yet. The injury bug can kill this team. So hopefully with transfers, and good recruiting classes the next couple of years, we should be a lot closer to the Clemsons of the world
I don’t know anything about championships in the future, but the roster is good enough right now to win the Coastal. Win it this year. Go toe to toe with Clemson in the ACCCG and build on that.

At some point, we need to win something and build on it, or we’ll wind up right back in the ever-repeating state of toxicity that swallows our HCs in year 3 when they can’t build on any success.

I don’t know anything about championships in the future, but the roster is good enough right now to win the Coastal. Win it this year. Go toe to toe with Clemson in the ACCCG and build on that.

At some point, we need to win something and build on it, or we’ll wind up right back in the ever-repeating state of toxicity that swallows our HCs in year 3 when they can’t build on any success.

Yea, not even thinking about the Coastal, to be honest.

We should be good to win the coastal pretty much every year, we have been the last few years. Of course, first things first, and you can’t do anything else without winning the coastal first, so I’m with you there.

So we have to get started doing that, but I’m thinking of bigger things down the line.

To be a playoff contender we need more talent, that’s more or less what I was talking about

this roster was certainly good enough to not lose to the likes of UVa, Duke and Gatech. Last year was literally the worst job of coaching for one season I have ever seen at UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back