Manny is letting Miami be Miami

The team wasn't even close to prepared for the Bowl Game. We weren't practicing, Richt was already a lost soul, Diaz had taken the Temple job, and Willis was sitting out.

I don't put much stock in that bowl game.

FWIW, I think Diaz has some flaws but has done well overall as DC. I think having another qualified defensive mind like Baker will make the unit stronger going forward
Agree.

Advertisement
Those being tough on Manny’s defense. Do you realize how much motivation plays into this game? Watching that sorry sack of **** offense on the other side? Expect this D to feed off of an improved O & better field position. Oh & their new Hc won’t be a ******* lifeless corpse.

Can we stop with this "defense is on the field too long" nonsense?

Under Diaz we have routinely given up scores on the opponent's first drive of the game. We're usually down 7-0 before anybody is even sweating. Even Duke scored on their first drive for crying out loud. GTFOH with this "defense is tired" excuse.

Truth be told, it's actually the opposite of what some of you are implying. Our defense usually tightens up after half-time. It's the beginning of the game where we look lost.

How many times have we allowed the opposing QB to start the game 14-14 passing? LOL
facts

Wisconsin marched right down the field and scored...with almost zero resistance. Chunk after chunk. It's like they were facing an FCS defense.

Then Rosier throws the pick. Our defense comes out and allows Wisconsin to score on the first play. LOL

We can't at least force them to a field goal there? We allow them to score on the FIRST play?!

TFL's though bruh!!
its like people dont watch the games..........I think Dorito was so bad people latched onto Diaz because anything was such an improvement and he screamed cool and jumped around.

Advertisement
Can we stop with this "defense is on the field too long" nonsense?

Under Diaz we have routinely given up scores on the opponent's first drive of the game. We're usually down 7-0 before anybody is even sweating. Even Duke scored on their first drive for crying out loud. GTFOH with this "defense is tired" excuse.

Truth be told, it's actually the opposite of what some of you are implying. Our defense usually tightens up after half-time. It's the beginning of the game where we look lost.

How many times have we allowed the opposing QB to start the game 14-14 passing? LOL

Don't remember this happening this year. But this was a constant theme last season.

Wisconsin marched right down the field and scored...with almost zero resistance. Chunk after chunk. It's like they were facing an FCS defense.

Then Rosier throws the pick. Our defense comes out and allows Wisconsin to score on the first play. LOL

We can't at least force them to a field goal there? We allow them to score on the FIRST play?!

TFL's though bruh!!

People kept coming on here and saying we had the #2 best defense in the nation. Context matters, not just stats. We had a good defense, but it wasn't elite.

Advertisement
People kept coming on here and saying we had the #2 best defense in the nation. Context matters, not just stats. We had a good defense, but it wasn't elite.
Facts

We have a good d but pur defense is based on our schedule......we should be top 5 yearly playing the ACC. But us not being the best conference factors into that ranling and its sometimes inflated because of opponents

Doesn't matter. A team that wants to be elite should never have a "why keep trying" attitude or approach o matter the score and I hate when the fans continuously make excuses for it. This is why we do't have a bunch of high round draft picks because they put that "why keep trying" attitude on film.

True...but you're not being realistic if you don't admit that it's a real kick in the gut with all the offensive and st non sense.

On the style of defense topic, I think Randy Shannon would have been the better DC hire for Richt. His conservative style is much more aligned with the team CMR wanted.

We’ll see if Manny D really does hire an OC to compliment the image of the D.

It needs to be something uptempo. Push the pace. Obvious, I know.

On game days where we don’t have it, it will get ugly. But the same happened to Clemson on their way to becoming what they are today. They had terrible losses to WVU and FSU on the biggest stages.

We’ll likely have to live through that, as well.

But if Manny D is the right HC ... And he gets his staff in order ... The peak will be worth the valleys.

Just remember ... This ain’t NCAA Dynasty Mode. There will be hiccups, and we can’t just press “reset”. Lol

Advertisement
Michigan’s Don Brown had an elite defense.

They gave up over 100 points in their last 2 games.

Bama just gave up 40 in the title game. And Oklahoma scored a ton in the semifinal.

Lots of other defenses would be viewed differently if they played top teams every week, too.

The Miami D ain’t perfect. But the stats even out over multiple seasons. And Manny’s D has ranked pretty well.

Michigan’s Don Brown had an elite defense.

They gave up over 100 points in their last 2 games.

Bama just gave up 40 in the title game. And Oklahoma scored a ton in the semifinal.

Lots of other defenses would be viewed differently if they played top teams every week, too.

The Miami D ain’t perfect. But the stats even out over multiple seasons. And Manny’s D has ranked pretty well.

Bama's defense went against the two best offenses in the country. And for the most part, Bama was pretty effective against OU; not nearly as much against Clemson.

We're talking about showing holes against one-dimensional offenses in Wiscy and LSU. Those two aren't on the same spectrum in terms of offense with Clemson and OU.

Against BC they had the ball 3 minutes more....if dIAZ D didnt give up 3 scoring drives of over 75 yards in the first 20 minutes of the game.......
LSU they had the ball 3 more minutes more....if dIAZ D didnt give up 3 scoring drives of over 50 yards in the first 25 minutes of the game......
I will give you Wisky even though the D got ran on at will through out the whole game....with their backup QB
But lets talk about Wisky the year before when up 14-3 and the D gives up 3 tds in the 2nd quarter....2 of those drives over 60 yards

When has dIAZ actually stopped an above average offense....

Just playing who is on the schedule....who is next!?! Again that is an Al Golden and the AD issue. I understand that you want us to play bama 12 games in a row.

Advertisement
True...but you're not being realistic if you don't admit that it's a real kick in the gut with all the offensive and st non sense.

Anyone who has played sports understands that:

1. Motivation is important
2. Every team has bad games

Remember the Virginia game? We held them to 230 yards and forced 3 turnovers, and lost. You're an idiot if you think this doesn't effect the players on defense. We were 5-1 going into this game and were ranked 16th in the country. This game and Richt's QB decisions ended our season.

Wisconsin? We turned the ball over 5 times! We had 5 or 6 first downs in the whole **** game. The defense held tough until Rosier's third interception (it was 14-3 late in the 3rd Q). We didn't play well on defense but they kept us in the game.

Boston College was the worst we played on defense, and they literally used the entire play book in the 1st quarter. Props to them for executing and being creative.

Every team has bad games. Michigan gave up 60 to Ohio State. Bama just gave up 40 to Clemson. It happens. How anyone can say the defense is a problem after the season we just sat through is beyond me (insert Bird Box meme)

Facts

We have a good d but pur defense is based on our schedule......we should be top 5 yearly playing the ACC. But us not being the best conference factors into that ranling and its sometimes inflated because of opponents

All stats are based on who you play. You think if Alabama actually played Big 12 offenses every week they'd ranked where they rank? They play in a conference with absolutely terrible QB play. So when teams try to run on them that plays into their hands because they out-physical everyone. Michigan goes against Ohio State as opposed to all the average QBs and average athletes in the Big Ten and they got lit up. The good defenses are better at feasting on the lambs than the average defenses. Then they try to just hold their own against good offenses.

All stats are based on who you play. You think if Alabama actually played Big 12 offenses every week they'd ranked where they rank? They play in a conference with absolutely terrible QB play. So when teams try to run on them that plays into their hands because they out-physical everyone. Michigan goes against Ohio State as opposed to all the trash QBs and average athletes in the Big Ten and they got lit up. The good defenses are better at feasting on the lambs than the average defenses. Then they try to just hold their own against good offenses.
SEC is always going to get the benefit of the doubt being that the system is corrupt and they have the most talent. All IM saying is our schedule is weak and we should field top 10 defenses yearly.

Just playing who is on the schedule....who is next!?! Again that is an Al Golden and the AD issue. I understand that you want us to play bama 12 games in a row.

What does this have to do with not stopping an above average offense....I dont want to play Baga 12 times....would like to actually win 1 game

Advertisement
Back