Manny is letting Miami be Miami

Advertisement
Hard to play hard and fast when you are out there for 10,000 snaps tho

I remember watching BC, Wisconsin two terrible offenses on 7 win teams march right down the field solely running the ball on their 1st 2 possessions of the game.

Every excuse can't be they're tired when they are giving up these points and yardage by halftime. Our defense isn't even on the field for 70 plays let alone 80, 90 plays. BC had about 300 yards of total offense by HT so did Wisconsin. LSU had about 23 offensive points on the board by halftime.

I watched us struggle to stop BC then watched Clemson give up like 13 points the whole game. We have to get to the level and making excuses won't win us game consistently.

Last edited:
I remember watching BC, Wisconsin two terrible offenses on 7 win teams march right down the field solely running the ball on their 1st 2 possessions of the game.

Every excuse can't be their tired when they are giving up these points and yardage by halftime. Our defense isn't even on the field for 70 plays let alone 80, 90 plays. BC had about 300 yards of total offense by HT so did Wisconsin. LSU had about 23 offensive points on the board by halftime.

I watched us struggle to stop BC then watched Clemson give up like 13 points the whole game. We have to get to the level and making excuses won't win us game consistently.
Facts

Advertisement

Every excuse can't be their tired when they are giving up these points and yardage by halftime. Our defense isn't even on the field for 70 plays let alone 80, 90 plays. BC had about 300 yards of total offense by HT so did Wisconsin. LSU had about 23 offensive points on the board by halftime.

Not arguing...But, by the time BC and Wisky took place it was like why even keep trying if Prickt is gonna keep Rosier in and calling those lame plays.

Not arguing...But, by the time BC and Wisky took place it was like why even keep trying if Prickt is gonna keep Rosier in and calling those lame plays.

Doesn't matter. A team that wants to be elite should never have a "why keep trying" attitude or approach no matter the score and I hate when the fans continuously make excuses for it. This is why we don't have a bunch of high round draft picks because they put that "why keep trying" attitude on film.

Last edited:
he respects it, he expects it, he knows it, theres the standard, and then theres the Hurricane standard and Manny is the first dude to know what that is since Butch

I think Randy knew it but was both unable and in no position to embrace it, due to the mess Coker left.

Advertisement
Hard to play hard and fast when you are out there for 10,000 snaps tho

Against BC they had the ball 3 minutes more....if dIAZ D didnt give up 3 scoring drives of over 75 yards in the first 20 minutes of the game.......
LSU they had the ball 3 more minutes more....if dIAZ D didnt give up 3 scoring drives of over 50 yards in the first 25 minutes of the game......
I will give you Wisky even though the D got ran on at will through out the whole game....with their backup QB
But lets talk about Wisky the year before when up 14-3 and the D gives up 3 tds in the 2nd quarter....2 of those drives over 60 yards

When has dIAZ actually stopped an above average offense....

Against BC they had the ball 3 minutes more....if dIAZ D didnt give up 3 scoring drives of over 75 yards in the first 20 minutes of the game.......
LSU they had the ball 3 more minutes more....if dIAZ D didnt give up 3 scoring drives of over 50 yards in the first 25 minutes of the game......
I will give you Wisky even though the D got ran on at will through out the whole game....with their backup QB
But lets talk about Wisky the year before when up 14-3 and the D gives up 3 tds in the 2nd quarter....2 of those drives over 60 yards

When has dIAZ actually stopped an above average offense....

Your point holds water but this is the chicken and egg debate. If the Offense would put up points other Offense's would create more turnovers or try to force things to keep up. The fact we were called "The Cardiac Canes" had everyone content wearing us down. Gerald Willis III is a beast but we needed more Depth behind him. Manny's Defense Gambles and Mark Richt was Dealing Diaz Bad Hands.

No D shuts down every opponent in CFB anymore. As great as Clemson was they gave up 501 yards to Texas A&M and 600 to South Carolina

Its all about needing the offense to step up when the D is inevitably going to have a bad game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we stop with this "defense is on the field too long" nonsense?

Under Diaz we have routinely given up scores on the opponent's first drive of the game. We're usually down 7-0 before anybody is even sweating. Even Duke scored on their first drive for crying out loud. GTFOH with this "defense is tired" excuse.

Truth be told, it's actually the opposite of what some of you are implying. Our defense usually tightens up after half-time. It's the beginning of the game where we look lost.

How many times have we allowed the opposing QB to start the game 14-14 passing? LOL

Your point holds water but this is the chicken and egg debate. If the Offense would put up points other Offense's would create more turnovers or try to force things to keep up. The fact we were called "The Cardiac Canes" had everyone content wearing us down. Gerald Willis III is a beast but we needed more Depth behind him. Manny's Defense Gambles and Mark Richt was Dealing Diaz Bad Hands.

Not saying the D sucked but there are 10-15 other defenses better. Our stats are facing crap competition. When we faced good O ...well my previous post points it out

Wisconsin marched right down the field and scored...with almost zero resistance. Chunk after chunk. It's like they were facing an FCS defense.

Then Rosier throws the pick. Our defense comes out and allows Wisconsin to score on the first play. LOL

We can't at least force them to a field goal there? We allow them to score on the FIRST play?!

TFL's though bruh!!

Advertisement
Wisconsin marched right down the field and scored...with almost zero resistance. Chunk after chunk. It's like they were facing an FCS defense.

Then Rosier throws the pick. Our defense comes out and allows Wisconsin to score on the first play. LOL

We can't at least force them to a field goal there? We allow them to score on the FIRST play?!

TFL's though bruh!!

The team wasn't even close to prepared for the Bowl Game. We weren't practicing, Richt was already a lost soul, Diaz had taken the Temple job, and Willis was sitting out.

I don't put much stock in that bowl game.

FWIW, I think Diaz has some flaws but has done well overall as DC. I think having another qualified defensive mind like Baker will make the unit stronger going forward

Last edited:
Can we stop with this "defense is on the field too long" nonsense?

Under Diaz we have routinely given up scores on the opponent's first drive of the game. We're usually down 7-0 before anybody is even sweating. Even Duke scored on their first drive for crying out loud. GTFOH with this "defense is tired" excuse.

Truth be told, it's actually the opposite of what some of you are implying. Our defense usually tightens up after half-time. It's the beginning of the game where we look lost.

How many times have we allowed the opposing QB to start the game 14-14 passing? LOL

I think we will start games quicker under Diaz then Richt for a few different reasons, will find out next year I guess.

Doesn't matter. A team that wants to be elite should never have a "why keep trying" attitude or approach o matter the score and I hate when the fans continuously make excuses for it. This is why we do't have a bunch of high round draft picks because they put that "why keep trying" attitude on film.
MIC DROP

Manny is an animal. He's not letting Miami be Miami, he's encouraging it, pushing it. He wants us to be violent and ruthless.

The 30 year trend of making Miami football into boy scouts is over.

Advertisement
Back