Manny Diaz

Advertisement
Not getting as much pressure as I thought we would have this year.

I'm surprised by the lack of pass rush.

We went from 95th in sack percentage to 30th with young players. I like the trajectory. Hopefully, we finish real strong.

How many of those sacks were against the putrid first 3 opponents? I like the pass rush better than the pattycake game of the last 4 years too, but it needs to get better against better teams.

Last years team didn't play putrid opponents?

It's obvious improvement. We just aren't physical/strong enough yet to dominate better teams.

Miami sacks vs P5 opponents
2015- 1.7 per game
2016- 2.2 per game

Miami, tackles for loss, vs P5 opponents
2015- 4.8 per game
2016- 7.4 per game

Miami, 3rd Down Conv, vs P5 opponents
2015- 42.2% per game
2016- 45.6% per game

We need to clean up 3rd down conversions (about a half a third-down more pg), sacks are up slightly, the tfl numbers show we're getting more of what we've yearned for.

Our last 3 opponents offensive rank is 9, 10, and 11 out of the 12 teams we play this year. These numbers will improve.

Last edited:
Nice to see stan dobard play de on that last drive, almost got a sack. Manny has done a great job with this defense considering the injuries and depth problems.

Kul is the one we need to worry about keeping. Dude is lights out and not stuck out in wasteland any more. Will be in hire demand.

Kul has shown loyalty wherever he goes. Look at his track record. Dude spent 19 years coaching DL only. I just don't see him leaving after one year.

I hope you are right.

Advertisement
Back