Manny Diaz with LB target

None of these Safety's will play LB, cats on here just love playing musical chairs with players & positions.

Has it happened before, sure... But, it doesn't happen often enough to where people automatically think every single Safety we get is going to play LB lol

I agree. It's crazy. I'm totally onboard with Njoku moving to TE - kid is 6'6 already, taller than his bro, and has the frame to also put on 40lbs. Dude looked as big as DJ Johnson in that twitter pic. Bethel could make the transition to DT - he just needs another 10-15lbs and he's definitely strong enough.

But a kid like Finley isn't close to being big enough framewise to switch to LB. He's 6'1 205lbs. Dunno about Carter or Smith yet.
Evidence not moving to TE without a Redshirt this year...

Also, you expect him to gain 40 pounds in 6 months? That's unrealistic.

I mean by the time he graduates like Kellen Winslow. Evidence is gonna follow that route.

He'll start out at WR at 210lbs in August and hone his receiving skillset and route running. Start packing on the muscle too.

In 19 months, as a Sophomore, he'll be at 225lbs and transitioning to TE to add depth w Herndon gone.

By the time he graduates he'll be a 6'7 245lb pass catching terror.

Advertisement
None of these Safety's will play LB, cats on here just love playing musical chairs with players & positions.

Has it happened before, sure... But, it doesn't happen often enough to where people automatically think every single Safety we get is going to play LB lol

And the thing people gotta realize is, in Coach Diaz's scheme, LB ain't an easy position to switch to... Our LB's have a ton of responsibility in this Defense & it's much harder than it looks on film.

People act like we didn't have rayshawn jenkins playing free safety who by the way is a big af at a legit 6'2 220 pounds

Why was our free safety bigger than our SAM linebacker? He wasn't any faster.

Advertisement

And the thing people gotta realize is, in Coach Diaz's scheme, LB ain't an easy position to switch to... Our LB's have a ton of responsibility in this Defense & it's much harder than it looks on film.

People act like we didn't have rayshawn jenkins playing free safety who by the way is a big af at a legit 6'2 220 pounds

Why was our free safety bigger than our SAM linebacker? He wasn't any faster.

I'm no rocket scientist here....but maybe because of ....skill set?? Because our numbers said we needed him there...just a couple of W.A.G's

Advertisement
T. Hendricks...R. Lewis...M. Barrows...D. Smith...J. Armstead...D. Morgan...J. Vilma...J. Beason...D. Perryman...3 true freshmen 2016...S. Spence...what school has done it better ( I'm not by quantity but of quality, some real savages in the league. Add this kid Reese to Diaz attacking defense; and we need the boulware type from clemson. Somebody that you just hear his name all nite cause he's making plays all over the field. The ACC will go thru Miami for the next 7-10yrs recruiting kids like Reese on a regular. I like what im seeing in this early cycle. But remember the key recuiting tool today outside of bags is winning. We must go 11-2, new years bowl at worst to keep these savages

His film doesn't look very savage at all...

I agree .. He seems kindve soft .. Doesn't really hit he just grabs and pulls people down its weird

Yeah. Ummmm this one is def a head scratcher.

Fact is...he gets to them and stops the play!! A few months with Diaz..and he will hit them like a hurricane!! You can teach technique..can't teach instinct!!

I feel you on that and you're right .. All I was saying is he doesn't really hit .. For a big time lb his size .. That's kindve weird .. I hope he ends up being phenominal for the Canes

I agree. It's crazy. I'm totally onboard with Njoku moving to TE - kid is 6'6 already, taller than his bro, and has the frame to also put on 40lbs. Dude looked as big as DJ Johnson in that twitter pic. Bethel could make the transition to DT - he just needs another 10-15lbs and he's definitely strong enough.

But a kid like Finley isn't close to being big enough framewise to switch to LB. He's 6'1 205lbs. Dunno about Carter or Smith yet.
Evidence not moving to TE without a Redshirt this year...

Also, you expect him to gain 40 pounds in 6 months? That's unrealistic.

I mean by the time he graduates like Kellen Winslow. Evidence is gonna follow that route.

He'll start out at WR at 210lbs in August and hone his receiving skillset and route running. Start packing on the muscle too.

In 19 months, as a Sophomore, he'll be at 225lbs and transitioning to TE to add depth w Herndon gone.

By the time he graduates he'll be a 6'7 245lb pass catching terror.

He may just add that much weight, but is there a reason to push him? I get the "matchup nightmare" thing about fast TEs, but is there a reason that's better than a 6'6" receiver who can run and jump like this kid?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back