Manny Diaz with LB target

I think Finley and/or Derrick Smith may move to LB. But I don't think any of the potential '18 guys other than Sherwood could.

Advertisement
I think Finley and/or Derrick Smith may move to LB. But I don't think any of the potential '18 guys other than Sherwood could.

I actually think Amari Carter will move to LB before Smith. Carter doesn't move as well as Smith.

I can't look at any of the LB's we're after and say they are elite. Just can't see any of them being good enough to pressure for a starting job. Then again I'm not a coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DJ Williams was college ready. Madden made a comment about him one time that he could go straight to the NFL (from HS)....

He's one jacked dude for a high school player. He's not quite to the Allen Bailey level, but still a monster. Has there ever been a player of ours that looked more intimidating than Bailey or college ready at least at this age?

Certainly one of the biggest names we ever landed. I just don't remember him being huge though, **** big, but probably just the affect of time.

I actually think Amari Carter will move to LB before Smith. Carter doesn't move as well as Smith.

I don't think Carter's getting moved to LB.

I just got a bunch if down votes...lol. When in his short highlight tape did ANYONE see Amari C do anything but hit in a short area?

DJ Williams was college ready. Madden made a comment about him one time that he could go straight to the NFL (from HS)....

He's one jacked dude for a high school player. He's not quite to the Allen Bailey level, but still a monster. Has there ever been a player of ours that looked more intimidating than Bailey or college ready at least at this age?

Certainly one of the biggest names we ever landed. I just don't remember him being huge though, **** big, but probably just the affect of time.

Spencer Adkins was built like a tank when he was 17. Not nearly Bailey's size but that is the name that sticks out from a physical maturity standpoint

Advertisement

I don't think Carter's getting moved to LB.

I just got a bunch if down votes...lol. When in his short highlight tape did ANYONE see Amari C do anything but hit in a short area?

Look at St. Thomas schedule last year. Most of the games were blowouts, the CB's are so good i don't imagine the safeties were tested too much.

None of these Safety's will play LB, cats on here just love playing musical chairs with players & positions.

Has it happened before, sure... But, it doesn't happen often enough to where people automatically think every single Safety we get is going to play LB lol

And the thing people gotta realize is, in Coach Diaz's scheme, LB ain't an easy position to just switch to... Our LB's have a ton of responsibility in this Defense & it's much harder to play in than it looks on film.

Last edited:
Advertisement
None of these Safety's will play LB, cats on here just love playing musical chairs with players & positions.

Has it happened before, sure... But, it doesn't happen often enough to where people automatically think every single Safety we get is going to play LB lol

And the thing people gotta realize is, in Coach Diaz's scheme, LB ain't an easy position to switch to... Our LB's have a ton of responsibility in this Defense & it's much harder than it looks on film.

People act like we didn't have rayshawn jenkins playing free safety who by the way is a big af at a legit 6'2 220 pounds

I agree. It's crazy. I'm totally onboard with Njoku moving to TE - kid is 6'6 already, taller than his bro, and has the frame to also put on 40lbs. Dude looked as big as DJ Johnson in that twitter pic. Bethel could make the transition to DT - he just needs another 10-15lbs and he's definitely strong enough.

But a kid like Finley isn't close to being big enough framewise to switch to LB. He's 6'1 205lbs. Dunno about Carter or Smith yet.

And the thing people gotta realize is, in Coach Diaz's scheme, LB ain't an easy position to switch to... Our LB's have a ton of responsibility in this Defense & it's much harder than it looks on film.

People act like we didn't have rayshawn jenkins playing free safety who by the way is a big af at a legit 6'2 220 pounds
No one ever thought Jenk would play LB, your point would've been stronger if you used Jamal Carter as an example lol

Advertisement

I agree. It's crazy. I'm totally onboard with Njoku moving to TE - kid is 6'6 already, taller than his bro, and has the frame to also put on 40lbs. Dude looked as big as DJ Johnson in that twitter pic. Bethel could make the transition to DT - he just needs another 10-15lbs and he's definitely strong enough.

But a kid like Finley isn't close to being big enough framewise to switch to LB. He's 6'1 205lbs. Dunno about Carter or Smith yet.
Evidence not moving to TE without a Redshirt this year...

Also, you expect him to gain 40 pounds in 6 months? That's unrealistic.

And the thing people gotta realize is, in Coach Diaz's scheme, LB ain't an easy position to just switch to... Our LB's have a ton of responsibility in this Defense & it's much harder to play in than it looks on film.

No one ever thought Jenk would play LB, your point would've been stronger if you used Jamal Carter as an example lol
Actually my point still remains the same. People point to the size of a safety as the reason someone should to move to linebacker all the time. And I'm saying rayshawn is considered a big safety as well. He in fact measured in as probably the biggest safety at the senior bowl. All I was saying you can be big and still play safety

Evidence not moving to TE without a Redshirt this year...

Also, you expect him to gain 40 pounds in 6 months? That's unrealistic.

Teddy waistline has that " my 600 pound life" nutrition plan that'll pile the weight on in weeks , not months. He can guarantee major weight gain , bed sores and skin tags.

Advertisement
Back