Manny Diaz with LB target

Advertisement
I see a lot of people saying Reese, Louis and one other. From a number standpoint, what do you all think of taking 8 DBs, but then moving Russell into the LB spot later on if needed since the other safety's seem to have the most upside, and Russel is the best hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot of people saying Reese, Louis and one other. From a number standpoint, what do you all think of taking 8 DBs, but then moving Russell into the LB spot later on if needed since the other safety's seem to have the most upside, and Russel is the best hitter.

Yeah Russel definitely is the best hitter

I like Russel at safety. We're in dire needs of secondary players, which is why I'm for 7. I'd take 2 LBs this cycle.

Reese's stature and wingspan is crazy. On that Tampa Opening tape he simply stands in the middle of the field and reaches to tap all RBs who try to go around him. Physical specimen, I'd take him, Rosendo Louis, and Yasir Abdullah or Jamien Sherwood.

Advertisement

I like Russel at safety. We're in dire needs of secondary players, which is why I'm for 7. I'd take 2 LBs this cycle.

Right but let's say it comes down to Campbell or Asante and both want in, but you have 6 DBs already, would you move Russell to LB to fit one of those two?

He's one jacked dude for a high school player. He's not quite to the Allen Bailey level, but still a monster. Has there ever been a player of ours that looked more intimidating than Bailey or college ready at least at this age?

Last edited:
No, Bailey was huge and ripped at that. Looked crazier in person. Although Seantrel Henderson wasn't ripped up, he was one of the biggest Canes I've ever met.

Reese's stature and wingspan is crazy. On that Tampa Opening tape he simply stands in the middle of the field and reaches to tap all RBs who try to go around him. Physical specimen, I'd take him, Rosendo Louis, and Yasir Abdullah or Jamien Sherwood.

that's my dream LB class. Sherwood moving to OLB in this scheme makes sense.

Advertisement

russel is 5'11 180..he isnt playing lb here. I dont really see any of the guys moving to lb either...Smith from Jacksonville is the biggest kid but he still has safety range..romeo finley may start..so i dont see no moves down to olb

Right but let's say it comes down to Campbell or Asante and both want in, but you have 6 DBs already, would you move Russell to LB to fit one of those two?

no, because I don't think Russell has the OLB frame that a guy like Sherwood has. in that scenario, I think they would take both Campbell and Asante, but Sherwood is the guy who gets moved to OLB. (Assuming he's in of course).

either way, it's one **** of a high class problem to have

Can someone with the expertise break down Reese? Stregths and things that need improvement. Projection.

no, because I don't think Russell has the OLB frame that a guy like Sherwood has. in that scenario, I think they would take both Campbell and Asante, but Sherwood is the guy who gets moved to OLB. (Assuming he's in of course).

Agree

Advertisement

russel is 5'11 180..he isnt playing lb here. I dont really see any of the guys moving to lb either...Smith from Jacksonville is the biggest kid but he still has safety range..romeo finley may start..so i dont see no moves down to olb
Exactly, everybody see Russell thumping people in the highlights but dont realize he just doesn't have anywhere the size to be an LB in Power 5 ball.

Agree

Exactly, everybody see Russell thumping people in the highlights but dont realize he just doesn't have anywhere the size to be an LB in Power 5 ball.

Alright. Just wanted to throw that out there. I do agree it's gonna be a great problem to have. It will all work itself out.

Agree 100% on Russell...Definite disagree on Smith or Finley. With all the safety we are recruiting, even if someone transfers out, someone is moving to LB. I think one of them is a lock to move.

Advertisement
DJ Williams was college ready. Madden made a comment about him one time that he could go straight to the NFL (from HS)....

He's one jacked dude for a high school player. He's not quite to the Allen Bailey level, but still a monster. Has there ever been a player of ours that looked more intimidating than Bailey or college ready at least at this age?

This is the player we need to add as a commit. A natural born striker with bad intentions. I hope Diaz can make it happen today!

Huh? I really like Reese, but can you link the film or highlights that show this? I saw a very good athlete who is more of a drag down tackler.

Advertisement
Back