Manny Diaz: The Problem Solver

I’ll see your Huepel & raise you a Shannon/Coker.

Day, Riley, Swinney, Lake, Cristobal, Orgeron, Chryst, Helton. All with varying degrees of experience and success. All from programs in various states. All hired from within.

Don’t know what Manny will end up doing here but what happened with his hire is no outlier.

Advertisement
Day, Riley, Swinney, Lake, Cristobal, Orgeron, Chryst, Helton. All with varying degrees of experience and success. All from programs in various states. All hired from within.

Don’t know what Manny will end up doing here but what happened with his hire is no outlier.
None of those programs were beating back the likes of Temple. Diaz wasn’t on that level like a Veneables.

You’re the one of the biggest Karen’s on this site. You spent countless hours on this site arguing with posters. Just look how seriously you’re taking my post. Have a beer, smoke a joint, get some ***. It’s not that serious.

Says the guy who is tempted to make a scene at a restaurant.

Says the guy who is tempted to make a scene at a restaurant.
I think he was saying “Look at me, I saw Blake James today” (no flame) instead of actually contemplating confronting him. Not bad info.. nor is it needed. Just typical message board nonsense to combat boredom.

JMO

Advertisement
I think he was saying “Look at me, I saw Blake James today” (no flame) instead of actually contemplating confronting him. Not bad info.. nor is it needed. Just typical message board nonsense to combat boredom.

JMO

Well, you never quite actually know. There are people on here who have done some really strange things and have bragged about it. Don’t need to get into, it but it’s there on the pages. Also, it’s the society we live in now. There are tons of people that have no problem disturbing people while they’re out having lunch, or walking about or shopping, or whatever, to get at them because they don’t agree with them politically or because of sports, or something else. Happens all the time. People on this site have shown up to coaches houses.

Well, you never quite actually know. There are people on here who have done some really strange things and have bragged about it. Don’t need to get into, it but it’s there on the pages. Also, it’s the society we live in now. There are tons of people that have no problem disturbing people while they’re out having lunch, or walking about or shopping, or whatever, to get at them because they don’t agree with them politically or because of sports, or something else. Happens all the time. People on this site have shown up to coaches houses.
Yeah I’m just going off the vibe he’s given over the years. Seems to be an intelligent guy. Do agree that ya never know. JuanFromLittleHavana is real. I seent it.

Listening to TROB get all up in some DB's business got me hyped.. it also got me thinking about how quietly, steadily, Manny is fixing some of the fanbases biggest gripes one at a time.

He can be slow to learn but he's also quick to act.

The last 15 years, we've asked for a few common changes:

- Attacking Defense. Play Fast​
- Run the Spread. Mobile QB.​
- Dependable Kicker/Punter​
- Local Coaches who understand culture​
- Recruit kids who want to be here​
- Make staff adjustments when needed​

Might be overlooking a few & not all of the above are perfect.. but Manny has addressed most of these. Still need to win but looking forward to better days 🍻

where’s all the manny haters we’ve been hearing from for 2+ years??

crickets….

where’s all the manny haters we’ve been hearing from for 2+ years??

crickets….
Actually, I’m right here. Following all the changes being made and quietly hoping it’s going to get better. You can check me out and see that I quit posting acid-laced “Fry Manny” posts after the recent hires/fires. I’m all in on OP’s take. Now I want to hear the ESPN asswipes say, “Manny seems to have turned the tide around, Miami just keeps reloading every year.” Something we used to hear a lot and Bama/Clemson have stolen the stage. I’m not getting any younger, and would like to taste my beer with a hint of a NC.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon fired Pat Nix and Tim Walton and others. What a problem solver!

I’ve always wondered this..but what makes you guys think elite “proven coaches” are leaving their million dollar salaries at a place with low pressure , college type environment, realistic expectations…to come rebuild a place like Miami..u can add USC too that also..what coach is the example of this ?
Cuz if yu build it right! Everything falls in place dabo, kelly, sark, richt, brown, kirby, diaz left temple to *** here. I kno im reaching with da last one!!

Advertisement
Listening to TROB get all up in some DB's business got me hyped.. it also got me thinking about how quietly, steadily, Manny is fixing some of the fanbases biggest gripes one at a time.

Might be overlooking a few & not all of the above are perfect.. but Manny has addressed most of these. Still need to win but looking forward to better days 🍻
Making a miami offer mean something again

Cuz if yu build it right! Everything falls in place dabo, kelly, sark, richt, brown, kirby, diaz left temple to *** here. I kno im reaching with da last one!!
Let’s be honest..here Dabo would’ve been canned by cis after year 2..sark??..Kelly’s ability to win big games would be questioned..Kirby, well we all know what’s going on ther..we had MR..Mac brown is a corch according to ppl here..but my question is this why would a proven coach leave his spot for this pressure cooker? Think about our great coaches..Shelly built this here. Jimmy J came from OSU and was unproven until what he started here then went on todo in the league..Erickson wasn’t a world beater..Butch was a disciple under Jimmy..point is they didn’t become legends unit after they did what they did

Advertisement
Actually, I’m right here. Following all the changes being made and quietly hoping it’s going to get better. You can check me out and see that I quit posting acid-laced “Fry Manny” posts after the recent hires/fires. I’m all in on OP’s take. Now I want to hear the ESPN asswipes say, “Manny seems to have turned the tide around, Miami just keeps reloading every year.” Something we used to hear a lot and Bama/Clemson have stolen the stage. I’m not getting any younger, and would like to taste my beer with a hint of a NC.

Bama and Clemson today are what…

Miami and Notre Dame were in the early 90’s….

Or Miami and FSU of the late 90’s through 2000’s…

So in today’s terms we are Michigan State, Michigan, Houston’s of those eras in comparison.

so yeah I agree we ain’t **** yet… the road there goes through the ACCCG.

To me the day Manny was hired that’s been his job is to get us there. If we can win the ACCCG then we start talking NC.

Until then— NC talk is like Vanilla Ice saying he should have been the lead at NWA…

It all comes down to one game. Alabama. It all depends on how well prepared with game plan, player motivation, adjustments, and coaching come game day. I can take the L knowing that we are in deed heading down that road and that we came prepared and left all on the field. It’s time to prove we belong with the big boys again. A fire drill performance and we’re stuck with another season of Manny BS.

Let’s recap;

Year 1: Manny low key took a jab at his former employer, who gave him a 2nd lease on life as a DC by some innuendo-esq comments regarding the struggles of the Canes of 2018 (hint: it wasn’t on him).

The off season: Firing the entire O-staff, hiring a whole new staff, w/ the “home run” hire being Enos. Entire D-staff in place, w/ him hiring Baker as DC since “he knew” the system.

The results? 6-7

Year 2:
CLEARLY the issue going 6-7 was the OC, since it was The Canes under Baker & Company boasting the 13th ranked Total Def, 4th in TFLs, 6th in sacks, & 23rd in scoring defense. So goodbye Enos. In comes Rhett

The results? 8-3

Year 3:
Well, well, well…it now appears The entire D-staff were apart of the problem. So, Diaz fires the entire defensive staff. So clearly, he’s got the right combo now, correct?
Year 1: It was the OC’s fault for the debacle
Year 2: It was the DC’s fault for the debacle
Year 3: No longer an excuse to hide behind

The results? It better be 10+ wins, an ACCCG appearance, and a NY6 appearance. If not, well…then we’ll know the common denominator.

I’m cautiously optimistic, I have the packs of Kool Aid in the cabinets (per usual, as a Black Man), but I ain’t mixing chit til I see us vs. Bama.

Last edited:
Let’s recap;

Year 1: Manny low key took a jab at his former employer, who gave him a 2nd lease on life as a DC by some innuendo-esq comments regarding the struggles of the Canes of 2018 (hint: it wasn’t on him).

The off season: Firing the entire O-staff, hiring a whole new staff, w/ the “home run” hire being Enos. Entire D-staff in place, w/ him hiring Baker as DC since “he knew” the system.

The results? 6-7

Year 2:
CLEARLY the issue going 6-7 was the OC, since it was The Canes under Baker & Company boasting the 13th ranked Total Def, 4th in TFLs, 6th in sacks, & 23rd in scoring defense. So goodbye Enos. In comes Rhett

The results? 8-5

Year 3:
Well, well, well…it now appears The entire D-staff were apart of the problem. So, Diaz fires the entire defensive staff. So clearly, he’s got the right combo now, correct?
Year 1: It was the OC’s fault for the debacle
Year 2: It was the DC’s fault for the debacle
Year 3: No longer an excuse to hide behind

The results? It better be 10+ wins, an ACCCG appearance, and a NY6 appearance. If not, well…then we’ll know the common denominator.

I’m cautiously optimistic, I have the packs of Kool Aid in the cabinets (per usual, as a Black Man), but I ain’t mixing chit til I see us vs. Bama.

we went 8-3

Advertisement
Back