Manny Diaz: The Problem Solver

Hey man I apologized rt away. Missed a sentence. But anyway go canes I hope we shock the world cause it will completely over shadow the night game too. That’s the type of hype we need to get this thing going again
Oops misunderstood and missed the apology. My bad.

Advertisement
It’s not Mannys fault he was hired by an idiot who has no business being an AD at a school like Miami. When we hired him I said “we now have to sit back and deal with his growing pains” , which a school like Miami should not be doing. He’s learning and at least trying to fix his mistakes. He’s not a school like Bama/Uga that’ll spend max money to bring in good assistant , to surround him with quality , veteran assistants . That’s why he pulled inexperienced guys from his tree. People aren’t exactly lining up to put their career on the line with a first time coach with meh to ok money. The one assistant we actually spent money on is enos lol.

We started spending more and ironically better guys signed on.

Im positive now because i’ve done my griping , the season is about to start and this year will tell us all we need to know. He’s improved the roster , the staff, the recruiting and now it’s time to crap or get off the pot.

Well, listening to Rambo, Stevenson, Harris, Harley and other veterans there is a much different tone and sense of urgency and maturity we have lacked for a long, long time. This is not a perfect team by any stretch, but it is a very good one on paper. This is the best coaching staff in 16 years. My question is when we get punched in the mouth are we going to hit the mat or get up and bunch back, especially against the big boys? Winning is a learned activity.
Most impressive/mature leadership group we've had since early 2000s (would throw Bolden in there too). This team has been plagued by immaturity/lack of accountability for quite some time.

Obviously it starts at the top with Manny, but being able to get King for an extra year will have a positive impact on the culture of this program for years to come. At least I hope...

Well, listening to Rambo, Stevenson, Harris, Harley and other veterans there is a much different tone and sense of urgency and maturity we have lacked for a long, long time. This is not a perfect team by any stretch, but it is a very good one on paper. This is the best coaching staff in 16 years. My question is when we get punched in the mouth are we going to hit the mat or get up and bunch back, especially against the big boys? Winning is a learned activity.

yep to this. And, not only will bama game show us a lot of this team, the games the rest of September will show us a lot as well. If we lose against bama, do we shrink and play like dog **** and squeak by sept and if we by chance beat bama, do we stay all high and mighty and lose sight of MsU or uva?

Advertisement
I’ve always wondered this..but what makes you guys think elite “proven coaches” are leaving their million dollar salaries at a place with low pressure , college type environment, realistic expectations…to come rebuild a place like Miami..u can add USC too that also..what coach is the example of this ?

Listening to TROB get all up in some DB's business got me hyped.. it also got me thinking about how quietly, steadily, Manny is fixing some of the fanbases biggest gripes one at a time.

He can be slow to learn but he's also quick to act.

The last 15 years, we've asked for a few common changes:

- Attacking Defense. Play Fast​
- Run the Spread. Mobile QB.​
- Dependable Kicker/Punter​
- Local Coaches who understand culture​
- Recruit kids who want to be here​
- Make staff adjustments when needed​

Might be overlooking a few & not all of the above are perfect.. but Manny has addressed most of these. Still need to win but looking forward to better days 🍻

I agree I said it in a post about a year ago after we go dog walked by Clemson I believe. He’s not the gravely voiced rah rah kinda coach some of the fan base wanted but in terms of being extremely savy, identifying an issue then coming up with solutions, Manny has been top notch. We all want to things that be fixed over night however we’ve been swimming in mediocrity for 20 years and in three years times he’s been turning the program around in the right direction. As I said then, I’m very confident in Manny.

Listen, he had to make adjustments. Not only is Manny's job on the line, so is Blake's. Blake hired this inept empanada salesman to be head coach without doing a proper head coach search for someone who is actually qualified. So Blake is going to authorize whatever needs to be spent on assistant coaches to save face that he and his boy are totally in over their heads. So Manny doesn't get credit for firing people he hired in the first place. Let's see little Manny win some games against teams with a pulse first before we declare him the next Dabo.

Who should he have hired Jethro?

Yes, Manny has had a lot of growing pains, all indicative of a new HC. At least he’s not hung his sack on these assistants he’s hired. That I’ll give Diaz credit on - the ability to see and know hard decisions had to be made or it’s curtains for Manuelo. He’s now adjusted the culture and has brought in great portal players to augment the roster ranks. We’ve also signed back-to-back good to great recruiting classes for ‘20 and ‘21. We’re doing really well for 2022 as well. This will bring the levels of depth we need to compete with the big dogs and actually hold up and win. Now that those things are in place it’s incumbent on Manny to start taking the next steps in his development as a HC. That’s GameDay adjustments and game planning to win. We do that a total of 10 times in 2021, we’ll finish the regular season 10-2. Add in a bowl win and we’re sitting right outside or at a Top 10 finish. That’s real progress to me and will show me that Manny can become the HC needed at Miami to turn things towards our rightful place atop the CFB landscape.

Advertisement
I just hope that he game plans better and coaches the week prior to who we'll be facing. Too many times we're in a dogfight because they came out of the gates looking like national championship contenders but their record was even. That tells me one thing, they planned for is and we just ran the same old ****.

It’s not Mannys fault he was hired by an idiot who has no business being an AD at a school like Miami. When we hired him I said “we now have to sit back and deal with his growing pains” , which a school like Miami should not be doing. He’s learning and at least trying to fix his mistakes. He’s not a school like Bama/Uga that’ll spend max money to bring in good assistant , to surround him with quality , veteran assistants . That’s why he pulled inexperienced guys from his tree. People aren’t exactly lining up to put their career on the line with a first time coach with meh to ok money. The one assistant we actually spent money on is enos lol.

We started spending more and ironically better guys signed on.

Im positive now because i’ve done my griping , the season is about to start and this year will tell us all we need to know. He’s improved the roster , the staff, the recruiting and now it’s time to crap or get off the pot.
Great post. Funny, I just saw Blake James at a restaurant in Pinecrest for lunch. Not my style to make a scene and I’m as civil as they come but I was tempted on showing him my avatar.

What does Manny have to do to prove he’s worthy to you?

Great post. Funny, I just saw Blake James at a restaurant in Pinecrest for lunch. Not my style to make a scene and I’m as civil as they come but I was tempted on showing him my avatar.

What does Manny have to do to prove he’s worthy to you?

You’re not actually serious are you? You will bother someone while they’re eating? I’m sure you don’t mean it, that would be an indication of a mental disease.

Advertisement
Calm down, Karen. Reread my post. Nothing was said to the clown.
I read your post, you said you were tempted to interrupt his meal to show him your avatar. I was just checking to make sure that you were kidding, which I thought you were.

Seriously though, who’s the Karen? I’m not the guy that that’s talking about being tempted to make a scene in a restaurant.

I read your post, you said you were tempted to interrupt his meal to show him your avatar. I was just checking to make sure that you were kidding, which I thought you were.

Seriously though, who’s the Karen? I’m not the guy that that’s talking about being tempted to make a scene in a restaurant.
You’re the one of the biggest Karen’s on this site. You spent countless hours on this site arguing with posters. Just look how seriously you’re taking my post. Have a beer, smoke a joint, get some ***. It’s not that serious.

Advertisement
Probably not Manny.. at worst, not Manny without a coaching search. Can’t pay 4 million for a first time coach who just left & his best option was Temple. Even if it works out, it doesn’t mean it was the smart choice.
Got to love people arguing “if not Manny then who?” They clearly are irrational and have agendas. Miami had no business not doing a coaching search.

Probably not Manny.. at worst, not Manny without a coaching search. Can’t pay 4 million for a first time coach who just left & his best option was Temple. Even if it works out, it doesn’t mean it was the smart choice.

“Coaching searches“ have proven to be vastly overrated in my opinion.

The BYU coach at Auburn and josh heupel at Tennessee?

Cmon

Manny isn't he only coach to go through 'growing pains'. Most P5 HCs flame out. Years ago, Golden and Mora Jr were hot names. Where are they now??

One thing I'll give Manny, he isnt stubborn. Golden was stubborn! Enos is a stubborn fool! Manny, atleast, has the wherewithal to re-examine and adjust.

Had he kept Enos, like most first year HCs, he'd probably be sitting on one of the hottest seats in America with the Alabama game probably being his nail in the coffin. But, he made changes. And even made uncomfortable changes by letting go of a guy people would consider his protégé. And, with TRobs instant success in recruiting, Manny has to see what a quality, experienced, connected, coach brings to the program.

I hate the idea of any coach "learning on the job" at UM. This isn't that kind of program and with our rich history, and local recruiting base, we deserve better. But, Manny has shown his greatest asset is that he will address any issue head-on. I appreciate this the most compared to previous coaching staffs.

Advertisement
Back