Manny Diaz: The Problem Solver

Jury is out, it's sink or sink swim time.
I have to agree with you.... Don't get me wrong , I want them to succeed but.... Even though Manny has assembled what appears to be a really good staff , they have never coached together as a unit .... I really hope they can all work together as the season gets going and things heat up...

Advertisement
Well, listening to Rambo, Stevenson, Harris, Harley and other veterans there is a much different tone and sense of urgency and maturity we have lacked for a long, long time. This is not a perfect team by any stretch, but it is a very good one on paper. This is the best coaching staff in 16 years. My question is when we get punched in the mouth are we going to hit the mat or get up and bunch back, especially against the big boys? Winning is a learned activity.
I’ve posted this in practice threads , it’s different. We have guys returning with pretty **** good depth.

That being said if manny can’t win 10 games with this roster and schedule it’ll never happen.

Last edited:
It’s all about building the foundation for success. So far, Manny has made a strong attempt to change the culture and re-instill the concepts that were successful in the past.

As much as I hate to say it, Baga is the model. No matter who the assistants are, the foundation is there for continued success.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not sure Manny is “slow to learn.”

Bad hires? Yes. Bad schemes/personnel at times? Yes.

I guess it comes down to your definition of “slow.” Most programs, especially ones with younger & less experienced coaches, aren’t going to make wholesale changes mid-season. Manny has addressed each and every deficiency every off-season.

Agree it’s time to see it on the field. But if he doesn’t win, it’s bc of game day stuff more so than being slow to react. He has made all the right off-season moves right when he should have made them. For example, this board would have been up in arms if Enos got a 2nd year… but he didn’t. Give credit where credit is due.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Where are the cot **** Linebackers we need. Love TAK and Brooks, but we need some dominate dudes fast. Is Patke the guy to bring 'em to us.
Need a change there, I think. I think he see this and tried with Travis, just didn't work out. I see a change at LB coach next season, just have to roll with what we have this season. If am a top LB recruit, I am asking...Who TF is Patke and what has he done. We need to change that we we good for a staff.

Advertisement

I guess it comes down to your definition of “slow.” Most programs, especially ones with younger & less experienced coaches, aren’t going to make wholesale changes mid-season. Manny has addressed each and every deficiency every off-season.

Agree it’s time to see it on the field. But if he doesn’t win, it’s bc of game day stuff more so than being slow to react. He has made all the right off-season moves right when he should have made them. For example, this board would have been up in arms if Enos got a 2nd year… but he didn’t. Give credit where credit is due.

Just my opinion.
Mostly agree, but he should have taken over the D after the UNC debacle. For morale, so the W, for momentum, etc., he should have taken over. That wasn't in the middle of the season and wouldn't have been any more disruptive than not replacing Blake and having a month's worth of hate AND the ensuing L.

But, as I said, I am cautiously optimistic. He won the absolutely bare minimum amount of games last year he needed to and he only lost to teams that he had any business losing to. I remain optimistic...and cautious....

I’ve posted this in practice threads , it’s different. We have guys returning with pretty **** good depth.

That being said if manny can’t win 10 games with this roster and schedule it’ll never happen.

UNC....m'fin, UNC, m'fn UNC (in my Tony Philllips voice)...

That's the season to me. Yeah, the Bama game is what it is. I wont hold a (respectable)loss against them. But it's that Tar Heel game that will really determine just where we are, where we are going and what we are under Diaz. That holds the key to the Coastal and the ACC to me

M'fn UNC.

Win that game and not have any other unexpected losses, we might actually be something here

Just my opinion.

Everything he has gone through(specifically the mistakes) is what you would expect from a first-time head coach. I would've felt a LOT better about this hire if it were a guy like Cristobal, or Manny after cutting his teeth at Temple for several years

Advertisement
**** canning enos after year one realizing his mistake and getting Lashlee I’m not gonna lie gave me a lot of props

following it up why essentially pushing Baker and to an extent Banda out after a failed year by his standards on defense was equally impressive

Manny might not succeeed (he might) but I gotta say he ain’t going out without swinging

I think you are the one who needs to relax with the automatic negativity.
Hey man I apologized rt away. Missed a sentence. But anyway go canes I hope we shock the world cause it will completely over shadow the night game too. That’s the type of hype we need to get this thing going again

Advertisement
Back