Manny Diaz on WQAM today

Just looking at any sports team or any corporation: despite its history or previous success, if leadership at the top becomes weak, in the blink of an eye the whole infrastructure will become weak. Ppl sometimes underestimate the power of incompetence, even when it stares them at the face. Most of us, if not all of us, hold out hope b/c of our rich history over the last 30+ yrs, and our natural recruiting resource, but have become blinded by how truly weak the leadership is.

I repeat, Manny has been here for 4 going on 5 yrs now, and came from an already failed regime. Let’s see him prove us wrong, but he’s shown a very checkered pattern:
2019:
1. He fires the entire offensive staff, keeping his defensive staff in tact, and then makes some slime remarks that insinuated that his former employer was apart of the problem.

2. After the CMU victory, the team celebrated like children in the locker room, and Manny praised the team’s effort.

3. Coming off the bye week, we get beat by VA Tech, during practice he states he had to stop practice to do a one, ONE minute drill to get his team’s attention. The following day, he praised his team’s efforts and “seem” to really get the sense of urgency.

4, Come out flat against GT. THIS is when Manny starts to throw players under the bus, and this would become a trend. He would say things like “it starts w me; we didn’t do a good enough job to get our players prepared; I wanna win just as bad as anyone” but then proceed to say “those guys gotta show that they want it, do their jobs, be focused.” (I call this The Al Golden double talk)

5. Season ends, and Manny overhauls the entire offense, AGAIN, keeping his entire defensive staff in place (insinuating again, he’s not the problem, the offense was the problem)

2020:
1. New offensive staff is hired, to modernize our offense (remember in 2019, home run gif was tweeted out when hiring Enos, b/c he “helped” a Heisman winning QB, and their offense to put big points.

2. Reports start to come out from “anonymous“ sources from w/in the program how players were dogging it, some players were called cancers, and others w/in the program were happy some where leaving.

This chit is becoming ground hogs day, bro. That’s weak leadership. A real leader doesn’t blame others; they owns their chit, and look to improve. Manny refusal to upgrade his staff, keeping yes men around him, is the same chit we complained about w Golden, and Richt....but at least the latter recruited well.
doUu2ByZDbPYQ.gif

Advertisement
not trying to manipulate an answer. I asked a simple question to see which you believe is most important. BTW, I never mentioned talent, simply execution. Proper execution is why the old GT, Army and Navy still beat teams with more talent.
They never won anything meaningful though, and if u rush 300 yards on Al golden or Randy Shannon or Diaz with the talent we have isn't a huge accomplishment IMO

Beating Miami isn't a huge accomplishment anymore. U risk losing to an FIU or GT anytime with the talent...there is never a team that's in playoff talks that don't recruit savages. I'm sorry but our roster isn't super great. Can we beat an FIU? Yea but going into the game we aren't always super confident cause we not trotting out Jamal Adams ray Lewis Isaiah Simmons of the world out there. We are trotting out regular dudes most the times

Last edited:
I'm not saying he's wrong, but Diaz has been at Miami for 4 years as a DC/HC. If it's a fixable problem, why isn't it fixed?
I have to agree with this.. hard to take a jab at kids for being cancers on the squad when your one who brought in 50% of the roster for defense... and then throw in you could have kicked out known cancers or not chased one back all the way from a Illinois classroom

Only thing I can hope for is diaz got a rude awakening and Diaz turns into someone who fights his way out of a corner and shines... because last year was embarrassing as someone who promised a quick turnaround and rebound back to the 2017 year high

Advertisement
If you want to use 4 examples in 5 years of running a same defesne as ACC opponetns figuring us out go right ahead
Clemson dogged his defense pretty good
VT has dogged his defense pretty good
UNC’s rookie QB dogged his defense pretty good
Louisville dogged his defense pretty good
Boston College dogged his defense pretty good

The defense is not terrible, but when we play a team that either has a QB or a running game, we’re in trouble. Fortunately, our division is **** poor, although UNC really got me nervous.

Clemson is Clemson

VT is 2/4 in putting up points, last year was a cluster****
UNC had 17 points in the first 7 minutes and proceeded to gain about about 50 yards rest of the game until the 4th and 17 debacle. If 4th and 17 didn't happen UNC was shutdown, but hey **** happens
If you want to say UL dogged his defense in scoring 27 in a blowout game go ahead
Boston College dropped a massive 27 points on them, 7 of which came after rosier turned the ball over within the 5

Like I said the defense has done well enough to keep us in every ACC game bar like 3 or 4 in 4 years and in the losses only 1 time if you want to ocunt last year VT 2nd half did the offense show up

If in 4 years you can name 3 examples I'd say thats pretty good right?

Like I said the defense isn't a Top 10 defense but its a defense that with a good offense is good enough to win us the coastal of all things

If you want to use 4 examples in 5 years of running a same defesne as ACC opponetns figuring us out go right ahead

Clemson is Clemson

VT is 2/4 in putting up points, last year was a cluster****
UNC had 17 points in the first 7 minutes and proceeded to gain about about 50 yards rest of the game until the 4th and 17 debacle. If 4th and 17 didn't happen UNC was shutdown, but hey **** happens
If you want to say UL dogged his defense in scoring 27 in a blowout game go ahead
Boston College dropped a massive 27 points on them, 7 of which came after rosier turned the ball over within the 5

Like I said the defense has done well enough to keep us in every ACC game bar like 3 or 4 in 4 years and in the losses only 1 time if you want to ocunt last year VT 2nd half did the offense show up

If in 4 years you can name 3 examples I'd say thats pretty good right?

Like I said the defense isn't a Top 10 defense but its a defense that with a good offense is good enough to win us the coastal of all things

The defense hasn’t really been tested either my friend.
Like I said, we face a team w a QB or a RB then we are screwed.
We’ve had a Charmin Soft schedule b/c the Coastal is baby chit. I’ve seen Manny’s Def allow clocks to bleed. I’ve seen his def have an inability to get off the field, so even if the opponent doesn’t score, our field position was chitty.

This is y UNC is now scaring me b/c they do have a legit QB now. But in no way am I saying this defense trash. We def have a Coastal division caliber defense.

The defense hasn’t really been tested either my friend.
Like I said, we face a team w a QB or a RB then we are screwed.
We’ve had a Charmin Soft schedule b/c the Coastal is baby chit. I’ve seen Manny’s Def allow clocks to bleed. I’ve seen his def have an inability to get off the field, so even if the opponent doesn’t score, our field position was chitty.

This is y UNC is now scaring me b/c they do have a legit QB now. But in no way am I saying this defense trash. We def have a Coastal division caliber defense.

Fair however I also feel this might be the most athletic defense we've fielded in his entire time with Hall/Bolden in the back, the monsters on the DL. Obviously the question is how will the linebackers respond along with the CB but this defense relies on great DL play and great safety play to clean up so we'll see

Advertisement
Fair however I also feel this might be the most athletic defense we've fielded in his entire time with Hall/Bolden in the back, the monsters on the DL. Obviously the question is how will the linebackers respond along with the CB but this defense relies on great DL play and great safety play to clean up so we'll see

I’m huge Bolden fan and think he will help Hall tremendously. I am excited for that as well. I’m worried about the gut. Nesta has been rather meh, thus far. I love our DEs, and our LBs is a complete unknown

Things don’t need to be black or white. The players were and are half assing it AND Manny Díaz is a Miami Country Day *** boi.

I’d take my chances with underperforming kids than a front running bull****ter, though, especially when he is the Head Coach and has full control.

Advertisement

The D has a lot of talent but will they be developed and deployed properly? Will their potential stay potential?

I'm sorry bro.

The only thing I'm hopeful of is Lashlee. But again, as I said after the hire, this means Manny no longer have any excuses. Every single component on this team is or has been under his watch; that's his defensive staff, the defensive players on the field, the new QB that just transferred in, his new offensive staff....EVERYTHING is on Manny now. So if we struggle, he has no more excuses.....no more locker room cancers, no more stiff OC, nothing. We'll see the real this season.....oh wait.........................................................................................................................................

COVID is still an excuse, isn't it?
That didn’t help.

Advertisement
This is a joke manny included. Before u can even player develop, there is a stench that needs to be cleaned out of UM football. Probably from the top down. I just listened to footballville interview with lawrence cager he basically said he just went to miami because he couldnt go to alabama gave no real reason. If u add lingard and jarren we had a team of players wishing they were somwhere else. There is no magic scheme that will fix this, no drill will fix this, no recuiting edits will fix this. Money might fix it. We have players in the lockkeroom that dont care abt being there. Thomas brown called it cancer, Jadon Hasselwood called it just happy to be here. I call it p*ssy. Call urban myer he can get it fixed. I had a cousin and a buddy of mine that played for urban. Cousin played in the NFL and my buddy transferred out. They both told me there was no in between with Urban. Either you did it his way or he made you want to quit football. Look at the kid from st thomas. He quit ohio state after like 3 weeks lmao. Urban has a degree in psychology and would mess with the players from moving their sh*t out the dorms to changing what they could eat pregame. Once they were having a meal and urban fed some of the steaks, seafood etc and the other players like beanie weanies. He would win a title here in 4 years max. Compare that to what manny is doing. You go on radio after the fact. Those should have been quitting mid season if that was the case.

I agree completely. Manny is a pu$$y. Been saying it since the North Carolina game. Fire the FSU grad.

Advertisement
Back