Manny Diaz on Joe Rose 12/31

If Manny is hungry and driven to make a name for himself as a head coach, and he stays focused with a goal of winning and doesn't deviate even if he has to be at times a bit ruthless, he may succeed... you can't be a nice guy all the time.
Key are his OC and DC picks. As we all know...an elite recruiting scheme, which he should be schooled in already, will be key.

Advertisement
Most interesting thing is he didn;t want to commit to anything re: the defensive staff. Who knows if Banda and Patke are even co-dc's still

Dude did bring us the turnover chain... so at least we got a HC that gets it.

He also improved our defense and made changes to make it better. He alone has shown the ability and will to change when needed. His OC and offensive staff hire will make or break his time as a coach. Right now, I support El Jefe.

Go Canes!

I can remember when I started to rise in my profession I saw things that I didn't agree with and thought when I get a chance I'm going to do this.... I'm not gonna do that.... I knew that wouldn't work.... Why did they do that?... When the opportunity came for me to move into that decision-maker role, initially I was apprehensive but never intimidated. Once there, I was able to draw on what I had learned from the few good leaders I had and as much from the many bad leaders I had. From the bad leaders, I always remembered the negative effect of the bad decisions and indecisions and did what I thought was right or reflected on what those good leaders did. It has worked out tremendously for me as I approach retirement.

Manny reminds me of that guy who learned from the bad leaders and has a burning desire to take the wheel and prove to himself that success is attainable "if you have that fire and do it this way".

Advertisement
D developed talent pretty well, actually. That u don’t get that kinda negates your arguments... Anywhoozles... the D schematically was consistently able to adjust in-game, which is what that o needs.

The recruiting will depend on who his staff hires.

Manny was in charge of LBs. Tell me about how Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud developed from freshman through junior seasons.

He also improved our defense and made changes to make it better. He alone has shown the ability and will to change when needed. His OC and offensive staff hire will make or break his time as a coach. Right now, I support El Jefe.

Go Canes!
Agreed

I still think it’s a lazy hire but he does get Miami. If he surrounds himself with the correct people he can make it work. Now we can only support the program going forward and hope he gets a monster OC that can recruit.

Was Lincoln Riley a lazy hire then?

Advertisement
Back