Manny Diaz on Joe Rose 12/31

CaneCounty

Senior
Cliff notes

- His wife informed him of Richts retiring yesterday afternoon (coaches wives)
- Wants to play fast, physical and violent on offense
- player accountability is key, not just talent
- plan at QB (need to have excellence at the position); we got to create competition, we need consistency
- regarding QB need to find someone that the locker room to get around
- trust his staff on DC will be involved schematically
- will be recruiting Jrs to stay
- he has a lot of respect for Mark Richt

Advertisement
Sounds like Jarren may get his shot this spring.

Hopefully this isn't all lip service.

Would like to know his thoughts on the OL situation.

Advertisement
Not gonna lie, the interview got me a bit excited. It’s clear that this program will have a new energy to it that hasn’t been seen in over a decade, however that won’t be enough. Willie brought energy to Trailerhassee and look at that dumpster fire.

Also it seems like we are almost certainly going to get a trasfer at QB.

Sounded like most everyone will be gone of the offensive staff

And there will some shakeup on defense too

**** it let’s go Manny

Advertisement
Can't wait to watch our offense actually score again. Pretty sure there will be more variety too.

Advertisement
He sounded like he knew what the job entails and genuinely wants to improve the offense significantly. None of us know if he i going to be a good or bad hire. What I do know is that he has a ton of energy, LOVES THE HURRICANES, the players like him, and he's young. GIVE THE GUY THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!

Advertisement
He sounded like he knew what the job entails and genuinely wants to improve the offense significantly. None of us know if he i going to be a good or bad hire. What I do know is that he has a ton of energy, LOVES THE HURRICANES, the players like him, and he's young. GIVE THE GUY THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!

Have no choice at this point. Will be telling on who he hires on the offense.

Wonder if he’ll make any changes to the defensive staff. That would show me that he is able to recognize an issue and his ego won’t get involved unlike richt.

Advertisement
Back