Manny Diaz fatal flaw.

Advertisement
Diaz defensive schemes are not sound thats clear to see but we seen that it could produce decent results with players that had good fundamental coaching aka the players he inherited.

As for Lashlee im not sure of what to make of him. Here is where their fatal flaw comes in for me. They should have done everything they could after that bowl game against OK St to convince N'kosi Perry to stick around and that they would have given him a fair shot to compete for the job. They approached the job biased and gave it to King. And im not saying this because King is injured. Im also not saying this because of how well Perry threw the ball, which he did v OK St.

When Perry got into the game it was the best our offense looked overall, specifically on the ground. I looked into most of our games from last season, and we had games where we had more yards rushing or more games where running backs had more yards. But it was the only game where we had 2 RBs over 8 yards per carry. Perry knows how to run the read option. The way he ran it the defenders didn't simply cave in on whoever kept the ball. I am convinced that this team is not as bad as it has been coached to be, we saw it when Richt came in, 19 wins in 2 seasons.

A competent coach would have opened back the QB competition, they handed the job to King. Perry was never suited for Richt offense or Enos'. He knows how to run the one we run now. I also feel the young QBs are better running it than King. And we may start seeing it this Saturday.

This is Diaz's fatal flaw. Playing players simply because they are SRs....yes he does it, instead of looking at what you see and go with that. Dabo benched Kelly Bryant for Lawrence and the rest is history. Golden was using 185 pound Duke Johnson from the beginning, getting same snaps as Mike James. You play the talent and what they show on the field, not what u conjure in your brain. Cam Harris should never get more than 1/3 of the team snaps. Chaney should have been the starter and Perry should be here not at FAU.

Still fire his ***.
😐

His fatal flaw is he didn’t fire Patke and get himself a DC. He was already a below avg coach and then he puts more on his plate smh. Made his own bed that he’s dying on
If he really wanted to save his job he would pull a Mack Brown (fire himself as DC, fire Patke and make Shoops his DC).

Advertisement
He's never played the game before & it's painfully obvious. The fatal flaw was paying 4 million to hire him.
You can be a solid coach and have never played at a high level. That said, you must have legit leadership ability and truly understand how to build an organization. Diaz is soft, he just is. Combine that with a lack of attention to detail and you get an organization that is incapable of succeeding.

You can be a solid coach and have never played at a high level. That said, you must have legit leadership ability and truly understand how to build an organization. Diaz is soft, he just is. Combine that with a lack of attention to detail and you get an organization that is incapable of succeeding.
I think football is different. its so physical.

Plenty of Head Coaches havent played college football or higher.

Bill Clark
Sonny Dykes
Mike Leach
Bill O'Leary
Hugh Freeze
Charlie Weiss
David Cutcliffe
Paul Johnson

I do wish Manny would turn over DC to Bob Shoop.

Just a different voice may help.

Diaz defensive schemes are not sound thats clear to see but we seen that it could produce decent results with players that had good fundamental coaching aka the players he inherited.

As for Lashlee im not sure of what to make of him. Here is where their fatal flaw comes in for me. They should have done everything they could after that bowl game against OK St to convince N'kosi Perry to stick around and that they would have given him a fair shot to compete for the job. They approached the job biased and gave it to King. And im not saying this because King is injured. Im also not saying this because of how well Perry threw the ball, which he did v OK St.

When Perry got into the game it was the best our offense looked overall, specifically on the ground. I looked into most of our games from last season, and we had games where we had more yards rushing or more games where running backs had more yards. But it was the only game where we had 2 RBs over 8 yards per carry. Perry knows how to run the read option. The way he ran it the defenders didn't simply cave in on whoever kept the ball. I am convinced that this team is not as bad as it has been coached to be, we saw it when Richt came in, 19 wins in 2 seasons.

A competent coach would have opened back the QB competition, they handed the job to King. Perry was never suited for Richt offense or Enos'. He knows how to run the one we run now. I also feel the young QBs are better running it than King. And we may start seeing it this Saturday.

This is Diaz's fatal flaw. Playing players simply because they are SRs....yes he does it, instead of looking at what you see and go with that. Dabo benched Kelly Bryant for Lawrence and the rest is history. Golden was using 185 pound Duke Johnson from the beginning, getting same snaps as Mike James. You play the talent and what they show on the field, not what u conjure in your brain. Cam Harris should never get more than 1/3 of the team snaps. Chaney should have been the starter and Perry should be here not at FAU.

Still fire his ***.

Manny wants to be liked and accepted, opposed to feared and respected—like most great coaches.

Butch was about the same age as Manny when he took over the Canes in 1995—and he rolled in like a general, having spent a decade under Jimmy Johnson at UM and in Dallas. Those kids absolutely feared and respected the **** out of Butch—while Manny is out there tackling dummies WWE-style with "7-6" on their chest (and then going 6-7), playing slip and slide in the rain after barely beating Virginia, chomping down victory cigars after beating one of the worst FSU teams in history—while cruising into his first booster event on an 88' yacht like Scarface, while being a social media influencer.

Is it any shock THIS GUY doesn't know how to play the role of head coach? Even promoted-demoted himself to defensive coordinator, instead of hiring some veteran alpha, allowing him to focus on playing CEO—because no one can do it as well as he does, and he didn't want someone to run their own show defensively. Diaz takes over and kids forget how to tackle, too—whiffing on 30 against Michigan State while Gurvan Hall is taking out defenders instead of dude with the ball. Brilliant.

Advertisement
Plenty of Head Coaches havent played college football or higher.

Bill Clark
Sonny Dykes
Mike Leach
Bill O'Leary
Hugh Freeze
Charlie Weiss
David Cutcliffe
Paul Johnson

I do wish Manny would turn over DC to Bob Shoop.

Just a different voice may help.

Why the **** would "Bob Shoop" come to lowly Miami—at defensive coordinator, UNDER Diaz, no less—when that guy could have a dozen better head coaching jobs IF he wanted to stay in coaching?

His fatal flaw is that he’s in the wrong occupation stealing a living
Yeah, now that we have a body of work to examine, Diaz is not in what I would call the Golden territory. Until the wheels fell off, Al ran a decent football program, recruited well and did some other good things, but he actually did have one fatal flaw that sunk him - his blind loyalty to his BFF. If Al treats the D side of the ball like he treated the O side (bring professionals like Fisch to run it), he could've built the new Miami machine. But he had that one flaw and it's tanked his career.

Diaz on the other hand has multiple major flaws. If Al fixes his one flaw - treating the D side of the ball the way he treated the O side - he is a success here. But Manny has multiple glaring flaws that would have to be fixed in order to be successful here and I honestly don't think he has the capacity. The best he can do now is to invest his millions into some solidly performing mutual funds and try to rebrand himself as a DC, assuming he even wants to continue with football after they let him go.

Advertisement
Diaz just isn't the guy. I respect him because he tried **** near everything to make it work. Think about all the moves he made:
- hired a DC (Baker)... fired him a year later
- hired Bama QB coach/OC (Enos)... fired him a year later
- hired a spread OC (Lashlee)
- demoted CB coach (Rumph), hired T-Rob
- brought in tate, king to solve QB issues
- hired a bunch of local GA's/analysts (shoop, hyppotlite, etc.)
- revamped recruiting department (cooney, vaughn, pata, etc.)
- took over DC play calling (Failure)

We just got to the point where the only person left he can blame is himself. He tried **** near everything every poster on CIS complained about year after year. He just has no moves left. Adios.

He doesn't realize that this behavior ingrains itself into the team culture that he's trying to create to his detriment. Kids will respect you for playing the best players. Those who leave, leave.

There are certain exceptions obviously but playing upperclassmen can't be the rule.
The approach of favoring players solely based on seniority destroys the competitive spirit of a program. Why go hard when the results won’t change a **** thing.

Advertisement
Ma

Still fire his ***.
Manny Diaz fatal flaw?
Answer: Coaching.

Diaz just isn't the guy. I respect him because he tried **** near everything to make it work. Think about all the moves he made:
- hired a DC (Baker)... fired him a year later
- hired Bama QB coach/OC (Enos)... fired him a year later
- hired a spread OC (Lashlee)
- demoted CB coach (Rumph), hired T-Rob
- brought in tate, king to solve QB issues
- hired a bunch of local GA's/analysts (shoop, hyppotlite, etc.)
- revamped recruiting department (cooney, vaughn, pata, etc.)
- took over DC play calling (Failure)

We just got to the point where the only person left he can blame is himself. He tried **** near everything every poster on CIS complained about year after year. He just has no moves left. Adios.
I don't have the same level of animosity toward Manny as other failed regimes. My hate is aimed more at Blake.

Manny tried. He made all of the moves us arm chair head coaches would have made. I don't fault him for trying or lack of effort. He gave it his best shot. It's just not good enough, and in this business, effort doesn't matter. Results do.

I wish him well, but the experiment did not work. Bottom line.

Time to move on.

I don't have the same level of animosity toward Manny as other failed regimes. My hate is aimed more at Blake.

Manny tried. He made all of the moves us arm chair head coaches would have made. I don't fault him for trying or lack of effort. He gave it his best shot. It's just not good enough, and in this business, effort doesn't matter. Results do.

I wish him well, but the experiment did not work. Bottom line.

Time to move on.
He’s in over his head. Plain and simple.

Advertisement
Back