Manny Diaz fatal flaw.

supacane

Senior
Diaz defensive schemes are not sound thats clear to see but we seen that it could produce decent results with players that had good fundamental coaching aka the players he inherited.

As for Lashlee im not sure of what to make of him. Here is where their fatal flaw comes in for me. They should have done everything they could after that bowl game against OK St to convince N'kosi Perry to stick around and that they would have given him a fair shot to compete for the job. They approached the job biased and gave it to King. And im not saying this because King is injured. Im also not saying this because of how well Perry threw the ball, which he did v OK St.

When Perry got into the game it was the best our offense looked overall, specifically on the ground. I looked into most of our games from last season, and we had games where we had more yards rushing or more games where running backs had more yards. But it was the only game where we had 2 RBs over 8 yards per carry. Perry knows how to run the read option. The way he ran it the defenders didn't simply cave in on whoever kept the ball. I am convinced that this team is not as bad as it has been coached to be, we saw it when Richt came in, 19 wins in 2 seasons.

A competent coach would have opened back the QB competition, they handed the job to King. Perry was never suited for Richt offense or Enos'. He knows how to run the one we run now. I also feel the young QBs are better running it than King. And we may start seeing it this Saturday.

This is Diaz's fatal flaw. Playing players simply because they are SRs....yes he does it, instead of looking at what you see and go with that. Dabo benched Kelly Bryant for Lawrence and the rest is history. Golden was using 185 pound Duke Johnson from the beginning, getting same snaps as Mike James. You play the talent and what they show on the field, not what u conjure in your brain. Cam Harris should never get more than 1/3 of the team snaps. Chaney should have been the starter and Perry should be here not at FAU.

Still fire his ***.

Advertisement
He doesn't realize that this behavior ingrains itself into the team culture that he's trying to create to his detriment. Kids will respect you for playing the best players. Those who leave, leave.

There are certain exceptions obviously but playing upperclassmen can't be the rule.

Advertisement
Diaz put together some good defenses in his Miami tenure. The flaw is that he is being asked to run an entire program for the first time and is likely in over his head.

His defense seems to have regressed substantially this year, either due to recruiting or scheme or both. In addition the team seems unmotivated and undisciplined.

Seems like a good guy and has made a lot of changes fans were calling for, however he has not been able to put out a quality product.

Advertisement
Easy.

terrible typography GIF

Diaz defensive schemes are not sound thats clear to see but we seen that it could produce decent results with players that had good fundamental coaching aka the players he inherited.

As for Lashlee im not sure of what to make of him. Here is where their fatal flaw comes in for me. They should have done everything they could after that bowl game against OK St to convince N'kosi Perry to stick around and that they would have given him a fair shot to compete for the job. They approached the job biased and gave it to King. And im not saying this because King is injured. Im also not saying this because of how well Perry threw the ball, which he did v OK St.

When Perry got into the game it was the best our offense looked overall, specifically on the ground. I looked into most of our games from last season, and we had games where we had more yards rushing or more games where running backs had more yards. But it was the only game where we had 2 RBs over 8 yards per carry. Perry knows how to run the read option. The way he ran it the defenders didn't simply cave in on whoever kept the ball. I am convinced that this team is not as bad as it has been coached to be, we saw it when Richt came in, 19 wins in 2 seasons.

A competent coach would have opened back the QB competition, they handed the job to King. Perry was never suited for Richt offense or Enos'. He knows how to run the one we run now. I also feel the young QBs are better running it than King. And we may start seeing it this Saturday.

This is Diaz's fatal flaw. Playing players simply because they are SRs....yes he does it, instead of looking at what you see and go with that. Dabo benched Kelly Bryant for Lawrence and the rest is history. Golden was using 185 pound Duke Johnson from the beginning, getting same snaps as Mike James. You play the talent and what they show on the field, not what u conjure in your brain. Cam Harris should never get more than 1/3 of the team snaps. Chaney should have been the starter and Perry should be here not at FAU.

Still fire his ***.
With N'Kosi at QB our record right now would be 1-2.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny is his own fatal flaw... no one asked him to take over the HC and DC position.... Hiring Baker, Panda, Pattycake and a bunch of greenhorns to run this program into the ground initially showed his complete ineptitude... the results took a little more time. Now we are total kaka. Thanks Manny!

Advertisement
Back