Manny and WQAM and other thoughts (long)

The only thing he can possibly do to save his *** is to replace everyone on his staff like Brian Kelly did at ND. I would only keep Feely and the strength staff but everyone else has to go. A lot of OG's on here talk about Butch and how well he recruited but what isn't mentioned is that players were afraid of Butch as well. This program needs a strong disciplinarian.

The staff that he handpicked less than a year ago? He got it so bad that he needs to fully replace them, and u want him to pick AGAIN? lmfao

Advertisement
Manny thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room, and hires a protege as DC. All of his defensive coaches are lackeys with a relationship to him. Enos taken at face value was a good hire, but dig deeper and you can see Enos milked the Bama QB relationship into an OC gig. And of course Manny let’s Enos hire his own yes-men.

Manny doesn’t realize he had the very disease he’s talking about.

TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get strong coaches that demand from their players and make them into men. I don’t want player coaches. Read up on the Oklahoma Oline coach and tell me why are coaches don’t do what he does

I spoke with a fellow cane at work today and said, "don't even talk to me about that game, everyones blaming the coaches and sure... they need to be blamed. But we shouldn't even need coaches to beat FIU"

This is how fcked we are people, both sides of the coin are terrible.

Advertisement
Randy played under JJ and was extremely close with him. Al hung with JJ a ton too.

Jimmy Johnson tutoring a bad HC doesnt magically make them competent. Stupidest ******* assessment Ive read today.

We hired a total zero of a coach what the **** did u think the team was gonna play like?
No one cares what you think ****....not a **** solitary entity...delete your account pendeja ...

LMFAO at crediting him for identifying that we suck.

“he knows its bad”
“he wants to win”
“he loves Miami”

have literally NOTHING to do with his ability to coach here.
Hey look at the "Old U" from 2002...GTFOH...this site has gone to total mierda

After actually listening to the interview....

It's actually worse than I feared. All this talk of which team showed up, 'learning'...it's borderline 'be a cheeseburger' type stuff.

The reason we lost to a bunch of lessor teams is actually quite simple: the scheming and coaching has sucked. I'm not sure what kind of game plan they had going into games like GT and FIU, but everything from the personnel usage to the play calling has been utterly atrocious, the worse it has been in 15 years.

That's not something 'learnable', and it's not on the players either.

Thanks, brother.

Randy Shannon often talked about the same issues. But we're not supposed to talk ill of THE PLAYERS because I guess some of them go on to the NFL and make money.

Did we have this problem, prior the Coker? Real question.

Advertisement
I just got to reading this. I completely agree on most things. I don't think I am ready to give up on Manny just yet, but Baker and Enos need the axe yesterday.

It will be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out.

The only thing he can possibly do to save his *** is to replace everyone on his staff like Brian Kelly did at ND. I would only keep Feely and the strength staff but everyone else has to go. A lot of OG's on here talk about Butch and how well he recruited but what isn't mentioned is that players were afraid of Butch as well. This program needs a strong disciplinarian.
Booch’s team also quit on him quite a few times. They might have been scared of him, but they didn’t always go hard for him either. You don’t have to scare people to be a great leader, and scaring people doesn’t make you a great leader.

The Booch-perbole is back a fever pitch because he put Lil’ Lisper over his knee. Let’s see if they’re still around after the Marshall game.

Booch’s team also quit on him quite a few times. They might have been scared of him, but they didn’t always go hard for him either. You don’t have to scare people to be a great leader, and scaring people doesn’t make you a great leader.

The Booch-perbole is back a fever pitch because he put Lil’ Lisper over his knee. Let’s see if they’re still around after the Marshall game.

Agreed. However, the nice guy role Díaz plays won’t work in Miami. Need a dog at the top that demands more and can develop dog players.

Advertisement
In fairness, I thought Baker would be a home run hire. Especially after his debut in the UF game where he clearly had the guys in a position defensively to win that game. (Unfortunately, Enos didn't) But it was all down hill from there for Baker. So much so that I don't see any reason to keep him around if Manny is going to completely take over the defense. (I expect him to in 2020 in order to try and salvage his job)
This concerns me too. The guy can’t even dictate when the offense needs to go tempo, when to use timeouts, he has had problems with penalties, special teams were abysmal, he has to “fix the culture” and he is now going to call the defense too?

Advertisement
First of all, it's not just one thing, it's everything. It's and O's weren't good. Just like VT, FIU took away the short passes and Enos didn't adjust for 3 quarters. Secondly, the redzone play calling was atrocious. You have Jarren trying to run sideways at the goaline when you could have just handed the ball to the RB or ran wildcat. Again, I can't understand why we don't throw to our TEs in the redzone. Total mismatch with all of of our TEs, but Enos keeps calling redzone pass plays designed for the WRs.

As far as Manny saying he saw the signs just makes it worse and infuriates me. When you see that BS, you stop practice and make everyone run sprints until they drop. If they don't, then they don't play. Simple as that. You gotta walk the walk

There are things that happen in the locker room that we aren't privy to. When he says the team follows Jarren that's a dead giveaway right there. JW has entertained transferring on multiple occasions since coming here. I'll go on record saying JW will not finish his career at UM.

This. Team has HORRIBLE leadership amongst its players:

- If JW is the "leader" of the team we are ****ed. Dude has threatened to transfer how many times now? Went AWOL in middle of the season. What kind of leader is that? Seems like a pouty b**** at times. If thats the attitude this team has then we're in trouble.
- Next best offensive player - JT. Do I need to repeat his issues? We all know them. I love the kids talent and knowing his background, i root for him everyday and hate saying this but he's the opposite of a leader
- Any other leadership on Offense? Maybe DJ or Harley to some extent but it certainly hasnt worn off on others

On D, who is a leader?
- Shaq, Pinck? Please. I dont see them yelling at any other players, giving any motivation speechs, or doing ****. Shaq seems like a lead by example kind of guy but again that **** hasnt worn off on others

Ultimately this is on Diaz. You gotta coach a handful of players to be leaders. This is ****** difficult because you cant just hire and fire a player like you can coaches but he needs to do way better next year or he'll lose the team quick

Op those are good points.maybe Diaz should seek out jj for advice even better ask him to be his consultant.

Advertisement
Back