Manny and WQAM and other thoughts (long)

If an entire team especially offense is unprepared and is handling Bye weeks like a vacation instead of focusing that is always 10000000000% on the QUARTERBACK!!

Jarren is the worst QB in UM history mainly because that position requires leadership and he he is either too high or is being paid to throw games.

It’s FIU... the coaching is worst of all time but there is no one to blame but Jarren for the offensive performance as well as the fact that he doesn’t have the balls to make sure everyone is focused on what’s important!! It’s probably because players can look at his goofy looking *** and know he’s not focused on what’s important either.

Jarren is the only QB on this team that’s capable of losing to FIU... look at his performance against Central Michigan? He and players like him are the DISEASE!! Throwing games and threatening to leave every other week. Get him tf out my face!
You don't know football.
Nor the concepts of team.
You went back to your ****** posting ways of last year that had you know a ban.
Just stop, man

Advertisement
Come on, man. Players have to take a big share of the responsibility. They should have one this game just by walking onto the field.

The only team capable of that is Bama and that’s only because they have a 3 deep of blue chippers and a psychotic megalomaniac for a coach.

Everyone else can lose to scrubs if they think they can sleepwalk on talent.

Those days are long gone. You got to come ready to play, even if it is an FCS school, or you WILL get embarrassed.

Manny thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room, and hires a protege as DC. All of his defensive coaches are lackeys with a relationship to him. Enos taken at face value was a good hire, but dig deeper and you can see Enos milked the Bama QB relationship into an OC gig. And of course Manny let’s Enos hire his own yes-men.

Manny doesn’t realize he had the very disease he’s talking about.

In fairness, I thought Baker would be a home run hire. Especially after his debut in the UF game where he clearly had the guys in a position defensively to win that game. (Unfortunately, Enos didn't) But it was all down hill from there for Baker. So much so that I don't see any reason to keep him around if Manny is going to completely take over the defense. (I expect him to in 2020 in order to try and salvage his job)

The only team capable of that is Bama and that’s only because they have a 3 deep of blue chippers and a psychotic megalomaniac for a coach.

Everyone else can lose to scrubs if they think they can sleepwalk on talent.

Those days are long gone. You got to come ready to play, even if it is an FCS school, or you WILL get embarrassed.

And that is why I mentioned my OP that Diaz needs to go study and research everything about a guy like Saban and how he is able to A) go from a 7-6 season where he had a 4 game losing streak to now having the premier dynasty in college sports for the last 11 years, and B) How he is able to get his team to play even extremely lower level opponents like they are playing LSU. Every time. When Bama is playing some team who shouldn't even be on the same field as them..they make sure to stomp them out like they shouldn't.

When you have a HC like Manny who is basically learning on the job, he has to soak up all the knowledge he can from people who are way better then he is. And the offseason is the time to do it. Might not work but hey I am just throwing any and everything against the wall and hope it sticks. We are stuck with this guy for another year unfortunately.

True but Urban and Nick weren't depending strictly on freshman that 2nd year either. They had to get the kids who were apart of those 7-6 teams to buy into what they were doing going into that 2nd season. Saban had a 4 game losing streak that year too. Won his last game and went 12-2 the very next season. Now how he did it with the same roster from the 7-6 team that lost to La-Monroe? That's what Manny needs to research and find out.

Great post.

Yes, with a new Sheriff in town, there will be some roster attrition. They don’t cut the whole team though.

Coaches who turn around programs with losing cultures quickly do it primarily with the losing players they inherit.

This is why leadership, presence, and personal fortitude are the most important traits for a head football coach. Your staff and players have to KNOW when they look at you and listen to you speak that you are built to lead them through adversity.

Manny knows what is supposed to happen, but he doesn’t seem to have the internal fortitude to lead his team there.

That is why even hotshot coordinators don’t necessarily translate to successful head coaches. It’s a completely different job. The pressure of being the man who has to answer for and lead the team cracks some of the best football minds.

Advertisement
It’s not that low key of a division he’s causing when he constantly trashes the current roster and is now adding the message that the 2020 kids are his dreamboats and that this group of HS kids is better than his current players.
Yea exactly that **** makes zero sense lol.....he currently has to sell that the kids he has now suck. So basically he's planting a seed and watering it by bad mouthing the current roster

At the end of the day, we're in big trouble because the more Manny talks (which is way too much), the more he shows that he just doesn't get it.

He keeps falling back to "effort, accountability, being prepared, executing, etc." - all focused on the players. Then he goes on to talk about the "2020 class fixing things" lol

Earth to Manny, it's your job to fix things and hire the right coaches. He hasn't done that and doesn't see that he needs to change or the coaching staff needs to change. When your a good CEO coach and you hire the right staff to keep guys accountable, this is the last problem your should have as a football team.

We're done guys. Another stubborn coach that has his head too far up his own *** to see what needs to change

PIN IT

In fairness, I thought Baker would be a home run hire. Especially after his debut in the UF game where he clearly had the guys in a position defensively to win that game. (Unfortunately, Enos didn't) But it was all down hill from there for Baker. So much so that I don't see any reason to keep him around if Manny is going to completely take over the defense. (I expect him to in 2020 in order to try and salvage his job)

I was done with Baker after seeing the DL alignments in the UF game. Putting your best pass rushing DE at NT and rushing three is beyond stupid.

And that is why I mentioned my OP that Diaz needs to go study and research everything about a guy like Saban and how he is able to A) go from a 7-6 season where he had a 4 game losing streak to now having the premier dynasty in college sports for the last 11 years, and B) How he is able to get his team to play even extremely lower level opponents like they are playing LSU. Every time. When Bama is playing some team who shouldn't even be on the same field as them..they make sure to stomp them out like they shouldn't.

When you have a HC like Manny who is basically learning on the job, he has to soak up all the knowledge he can from people who are way better then he is. And the offseason is the time to do it. Might not work but hey I am just throwing any and everything against the wall and hope it sticks. We are stuck with this guy for another year unfortunately.

Saban’s is a leader of men.

He believes in what he does and he pursues victory like a psychopath. When you look in Saban’s eye in practice, you know this guy is not ******* around and when he speaks you listen or there will be **** to pay.

Many knows what it is supposed to look like on paper, but he doesn’t have the body language of a leader of men.

Players see right through you over time. If you are shook , they will act and play like you are shook. Manny is shook and there aint nowhere to hide.

Doesn’t matter if you are an asshat like Saban or a laid back coach like Pete Carrol. You have to have unshakable self confidence that CANNOT BE FAKED over time.

It CAN be learned but Manny bit off more than he could chew and the pressure is on his ***.

He is in a bad situation and I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to become the type of leader he needs to be, but I wouldn’t bet my hard earned money on him to get it.

Advertisement
I was done with Baker after seeing the DL alignments in the UF game. Putting your best pass rushing DE at NT and rushing three is beyond stupid.

He did make some decisions that will make you scratch your head. But silly me thought Manny would tutor him and he would improve over the course of the season. **** that guy ill bet wishes he was back at La Tech or where ever the **** he came from right about now.

Diaz is all talk, I can't believe that he still has a job. Blake James should be fired as well. Losing to FIU isn't acceptable.

You can talk about will or mindset, but it’s clear manny’s staff have a schematic identify that doesn’t work and they have position coaches who can’t get guys to execute their responsibilities. Don’t care how intense you are, you lose like butch jones when you can’t coach execution and X’s and O’s.

****. Can't argue there. To be 0-4 coming out of a bye week (I am counting UF since we had all offseason to prepare for them and our offense looked like crap after the first series), is a fireable offense for everyone on that side of the ball. I am planning for us to be 0-5 after we lose the bowl game. Then I am expecting Manny to fire multiple assistants the next day.
I think with that much time to prepare, we can get through the first half of the Sun Bowl with negative points on the board.

NCAA allows that rule. Facts. see rule. 143.12(c)(2)

You're right tho - Patke is gonna be fine at USF.

Just give Manny a chanth.

2020 clath ith the one.

Advertisement
As far as player leadership is concerned, Manny has mentioned on several occasions that besides supplementing the lousy 19 class, the other reason he went to the portal was to get the team older. There are only 7 seniors and most don't start. A couple of the transfers being 5th year guys - KJ and Travon - seem to have been reluctant leaders. KJ early on seemed to be taking on the role but haven't heard much from him lately. I think Travon has not had much impact whatsoever.

Being a senior does not automatically make one a leader. Shaq has admitted he had to re-focus his efforts. For some reason, there just doesn't seem to be many alphas on this team. Brevin maybe. DeeJay. And don't get me wrong. I'm not excusing the performance of the coaches. But I think it's obvious player leadership is lacking.

He did make some decisions that will make you scratch your head. But silly me thought Manny would tutor him and he would improve over the course of the season. **** that guy ill bet wishes he was back at La Tech or where ever the **** he came from right about now.
Done with Manny as well.

As far as player leadership is concerned, Manny has mentioned on several occasions that besides supplementing the lousy 19 class, the other reason he went to the portal was to get the team older. There are only 7 seniors and most don't start. A couple of the transfers being 5th year guys - KJ and Travon - seem to have been reluctant leaders. KJ early on seemed to be taking on the role but haven't heard much from him lately. I think Travon has not had much impact whatsoever.

Being a senior does not automatically make one a leader. Shaq has admitted he had to re-focus his efforts. For some reason, there just doesn't seem to be many alphas on this team. Brevin maybe. DeeJay. And don't get me wrong. I'm not excusing the performance of the coaches. But I think it's obvious player leadership is lacking.
Player leadership doesn't magically appear out of nowhere. That's not how organizations work. There has to be a concerted effort from the top and as it trickles down, you eventually see players taking on more responsibility as the culture and leadership structures change. Players that emerge as leaders do so because of the culture they're a part of. They're not going to magically stand up and tell everyone to get in line when there isn't a respected voice on the coaching staff that is instilling those leadership qualities. It all starts with Manny and he's obviously not respected and so the potential leaders can't emerge because the culture doesn't allow them to. There are leaders on the team, we just don't have the coaching staff to allow it to happen.

Advertisement
The only thing he can possibly do to save his *** is to replace everyone on his staff like Brian Kelly did at ND. I would only keep Feely and the strength staff but everyone else has to go. A lot of OG's on here talk about Butch and how well he recruited but what isn't mentioned is that players were afraid of Butch as well. This program needs a strong disciplinarian.

Great leaders and great coaches have the ability to identify and correct. Manny has identified,can he correct remains the question. I was a believer, not sure he can any more.

If I'm Manny, I lean hard on Jimmy Johnson for guidance this offseason...refine the template, send Enos off to his next job and bring in a spread OC with a proven track record. JJ has been involved with Manny since Manny was brought in as HC, Let the Master guide the student

Randy played under JJ and was extremely close with him. Al hung with JJ a ton too.

Jimmy Johnson tutoring a bad HC doesnt magically make them competent. Stupidest ******* assessment Ive read today.

We hired a total zero of a coach what the **** did u think the team was gonna play like?

Great leaders and great coaches have the ability to identify and correct. Manny has identified,can he correct remains the question. I was a believer, not sure he can any more.

LMFAO at crediting him for identifying that we suck.

“he knows its bad”
“he wants to win”
“he loves Miami”

have literally NOTHING to do with his ability to coach here.

Advertisement
Back