Manny’s tweet: is the ACC working hard to get us a game for this SAT?

Looking at all the games for Saturday. If I had to bet I would bet Miami plays UNC. UNC is playing a meaningless OOC game against a scrub. That’s the one that makes sense
Look a little further. We are hosting them the next weekend...

Advertisement
Look a little further. We are hosting them the next weekend...
I know that but I believe they will move it up an easy switch and figure out next week, next week. I believe this bc next week the 12th has many options for replacement games. Go look at next week and let me know what you think. Also a chance for a Miami ND matchup next week due to them playing Wake and they might not be ready

I know that but I believe they will move it up an easy switch and figure out next week, next week. I believe this bc next week the 12th has many options for replacement games. Go look at next week and let me know what you think. Also a chance for a Miami ND matchup next week due to them playing Wake and they might not be ready
When you say replacement games are you talking about having some schools play an extra ACC game? That isn’t happening, just like we won’t be playing Notre Dame. Wake Forest has been off for two weeks+ when you consider they aren’t playing next weekend. That is more than enough time to pass these PCR tests.

the last thing the conference wants to do is move a game that is already scheduled to happen and deal with “next week, next week.” That makes no logistical sense.

When you say replacement games are you talking about having some schools play an extra ACC game? That isn’t happening, just like we won’t be playing Notre Dame. Wake Forest has been off for two weeks+ when you consider they aren’t playing next weekend. That is more than enough time to pass these PCR tests.

the last thing the conference wants to do is move a game that is already scheduled to happen and deal with “next week, next week.” That makes no logistical sense.
I mean it does when you look at the games next week

Attachments

• 23061C71-6BFD-4410-A3C9-966092AE1E14.png
    23061C71-6BFD-4410-A3C9-966092AE1E14.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 32
Advertisement
I don't want to play UNC on 12/5. That's puts us at a disadvantage of not playing for several weeks and UNC coming off their game with ND where they played well.

I'd rather play Duke this week and UNC the following week.
Semenholes @ Duke with time announced at noon. Still TBA for UNC and WCU.

Obviously. We should find out tomorrow. They should have made a decision already so teams can get started in their preparation.

If we don’t get word tomorrow, there may not be a game on Saturday. I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t at least give us the time to prepare do a little film studying etc.

Advertisement
If that is the case, then it sounds like Wake Forest is permanently canceled, right?
Nothing is permanent in 2020! But we aren’t going to play 12 games in the regular season. Duke would replace WF and we would finish our schedule with UNC and GT. If one of those two schools can’t go, then maybe we try to get WF on the 19th.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I think this is Manny’s way of telling Mike Harley, and the rest of the fan base, that something is in the works about getting a game scheduled and there could be an imminent announcement.

Am I reading this incorrectly, or just reading too much into it? What do you all think? How do you see it?

We seem to be doing better not playing. Three more open dates a we’ll be in the top 5.

Nothing is permanent in 2020! But we aren’t going to play 12 games in the regular season. Duke would replace WF and we would finish our schedule with UNC and GT. If one of those two schools can’t go, then maybe we try to get WF on the 19th.

Yea I see what you’re saying. But the initial plan, anyway, would be that WF is out. Of course things are almost day to day now. So your scenario of them coming back in the picture could also happen too.

One thing that’s becoming more likely every day, FSU won’t play another game.

Advertisement
Yea I see what you’re saying. But the initial plan, anyway, would be that WF is out. Of course things are almost day to day now. So your scenario of them coming back in the picture could also happen too.

One thing that’s becoming more likely every day, FSU won’t play another game.
I hope FSU doesn’t play another game! I really want us to get a chance to play on Saturday. This team while they have some limitations, has been fun to watch. It’s been far too long since I’ve been to Hard Rock Stadium this season.

From the Duke message boards, they are not expecting to play FSU this weekend. Would find it hard to believe we don’t play them now.

Advertisement
Correct me if I’m wrong, folks; but I did I read our game was cancelled due to concerns of Covid on BOTH sides?

Asante Samuel just opted out. Supposedly FSU only had 44 players for last weekend. Now it's 43. The player who tested positive there, causing all the contact tracing etc. will still be out as will the others.

No way FSU is playing next weekend. I have to believe the ACC has already contacted them given what happened the past two weeks.

Advertisement
Back